Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

handunderchin

Chatty Member
Women who make their living sharing their opinions about other people are shocked that other people also have opinions.
There’s now a platform and a way for us to share them outside of your lady start up media empire and heavily moderated comments sections. Suck it up ladies!
So perfectly spot on!! Particularly so given they make SO much of their lives content. MMOL started out as a discussion of topical issues.

Now it is Keeping Up With the Lavinges - what do they expect.

Dare you to post it in the FB group 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

aussieanonforlyf

Chatty Member
Ah ok thanks, I don’t follow him so didn’t see it.
So Clem’s issue is MM didn’t mention it? Feels like a bit of a reach tbh, it’s a big internet with a lot of content!
Or they did mention it and defended it maybe ?
Mia is in the comments on the original reel giving LOLs and love hearts and support. Totally agree with Clem on this one.

• Wow
  • Sick

entitledtoeverything

Chatty Member
Let's not make remarks on the babies appearance. The child has done nothing wrong, we're not doctors and not in their inner circle so who knows what's going on.

yes, she's said she has low milk supply and I'm sure we'll hear lots on the topic but that's Jessie for you.
I never said the child had done anything wrong, nor that I have a professional opinion. I said the kid looked skinny after seeing Jessie post a close up picture of her baby.

It’s my opinion. It’s allowed and I suggest you scroll on by or review the terms of tattle regarding policing tone or comments.

simoneanderscam

Chatty Member
The reading out “hateful” comments - ladies just unfollow tattle xoxox
That’s what they always tell us “trolls” if we don’t like what they post 🙄

nobobo

Just finished Strife. I have followed everything Mia has done for atleast 15 years and I’m only 32. I used to devour her letters to the editor in cosmo as a tween. I’m at an absolute loss as to why she even made this show. It’s absolutely nothing like her memoir and the character of Eve has not one redeeming quality. It seriously paints her in the worst light.

frenchiefern

VIP Member
She pulled out of Australian Story??

I will never understand grown women going so hard into bat for someone who would never give them a second’s thought.

boysenberry

No one is saying that these actions by Hamas are not sick, depraving and disgusting. Everyone acknowledges this. What these “feminists” are saying is that this has been happening to Palestinians for decades and the world barely registers it, including Mia Freedman who seems to think that the death of Palestinian women and children is somehow not important enough to talk about or acknowledge. If you want to be a true feminist then you need to represent all women, not just the ones from your culture or wealth.
This is just not true, there are people in Australia walking round who think that what Hamas did is justified and acceptable and are happy to say so. I hate how Jewish people are expected to answer for all the actions of the Israeli government or Palestinians are expected to answer for Hamas. Let them mourn, they are still burying their dead, the community in Australia is small and most people here would be connected in some way to people who have been murdered or kidnapped and there have been brazen antisemitic acts in their home city.

Im not a Mia stan at all, I find her content frequently insufferable and I’m also not Jewish. I honestly would prefer we don’t discuss Israel/Palestine on this thread, not because im trying to tone police anyone or say what they can talk about but because there is so much misinformation, it’s so heated and this is a snark website not middle eastern geopolitics.

• Heart

handunderchin

Chatty Member
Love that Clementine Ford has called out Mamamia for buying into Matty J’s weaponised incompetence, the same issue they usually rail about!

• Heart

danica_cc

They never last long
I remember hearing an outloud clip of Mia and Elfy talking about Elfy getting hired. Mia said that they hired her not at all knowing she wanted to work at MM part time. I thought it was odd you could get all the way through the hiring process with someone and not clarify what their role would be.

I also got the sense that Mia in particular liked the idea of Elfy (young, progressive, good for diversity) much more than she actually liked having her around...

slayer123

I’m officially done with MMOL. Mia’s (and the other two) blind view of the Israel/Palestinian conflict is just too much for me. I get that she is Jewish and of course the terror that has occurred is not justified and truly abhorrent and sickening. But the explanation of why this is happening was so lacking and blaming the perils of those who live in Gaza on Hamas and the Palestinians is so willfully blind, I just can’t cope. No mention of Israel’s expansion into another’s country, the killing of Palestinians by Israel for decades and the systematic destruction of an entire civilisation by Israel. Where does she think Hamas terrorists come from? From the very land that Israel resettled. The hypocrisy on this topic compared to when they talk about the Voice and the Russian invasion is just so dumb I have to presume that it’s intentional.
The hypocrisy is outstanding. I don’t blame you. I’ve unfollowed Mia and about 40 other accounts today just based on (willfully ignorant?) bias and blind support that’s lacking context/vital information/basic knowledge of the history. What I find amusing is the same people passionately advocating for the voice, also “stand with Israel” who are currently illegally occupying and colonizing much of Palestine. The irony seems to be lost on so many.

aussieanonforlyf

Chatty Member
Look I like Clem but she's being a deliberate troll. She's everywhere slagging off marriage and relationships and whatever else- potentially its valid! But she has a book to drum up suspense for and then sell. There's a reason she's doing it.
Clem has been railing against this kind of comedy approach for a decade, and lots of commentary about Mia’s stances over the years, I don’t think you could consider this a new approach to promote her book.

entitledtoeverything

Chatty Member
Jessie whining for attention on low milk supply blah blah and pumping and the baby not putting on weight.
You’re not the only person this has happened to babe. Feed the baby some formula, let her sleep and bulk up and get some sleep yourself. Everyone will be fine.
I still think about the period cup every time she says the name Luna. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha

lifeispeachy

VIP Member
Instead of thinking about what their consumers actually want to listen to, they literally are making podcasts to suit the staff on the payroll…

Leigh fucking Campbell is the least fashionable person I’ve ever seen

Pindawg

VIP Member
I am so desperate to submit a question to Q&A asking Jessie what she thinks about influencers monetising their children
Esp their newborns

• Haha

Taylor777

5 mins in to MMOL and they are already talking about their ADHD. Does everyone at MM have ADHD or are they just throwing this term around these days? It’s really unhealthy to constantly be referring to it as the reason why you can’t do life.

squacksquack

Chatty Member
On today’s Outloud. She twisted it into an internet pile on, of course.
Such a dumb approach but classic Mamamia. All she had to do was say “we’ve since done more research on HG and realised our past episode wasn’t helpful. Here’s an expert with some real information” FFS it’s not that hard.

The reviews for TGM are scathing, eschewing regarding how out of touch Leigh is and what a poor choice she is to front a parenting podcast
I bet they’ve lost loads of subscribers. The reviews for a lot of the main Mamamia podcasts are bad. My favourites are the people who don’t know who Leigh is complaining about the screechy voice in the ads 😂. People don’t seem to like the changes to the fashion pod, especially the loss of Deni. The reviews for Out Loud are really terrible. They’re getting absolutely slammed for their silence on Palestine. People are finally seeing Mamamia as the network for over privileged, white women. No Filter no splits the interviews in two and puts the other half behind the paywall!? I know they have to make money, but they seem to be really missing the mark lately.

• Heart