Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nobobo

Mia has a shitload of money.
The. End.
to answer your question she has no 'formal' qualifications that I'm aware of. She never attended university and went straight to work so has a long load of experience in women's media
she also has a way to make every story about herself and relate everything back to herself
I can’t stand Mia or her privileged life BUT she did go to uni…. Just dropped out and didn’t graduate

Reactions: 2

cashedupbogan

VIP Member
The complaining must have worked as I can see the usual Friday episode of You Beauty in my Spotify feed this morning.
---
The complaining must have worked as I can see the usual Friday episode of You Beauty in my Spotify feed this morning.
Actually scrap that, looks like Spotify has synched up with my subscription 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha

Newhere2

VIP Member
What school did she go to? If it was where her parent/s taught then maybe that’s why she was able to go there. Sending 4 kids to private school wouldn’t be possible on teachers salaries.
It is possible ...Private doesn't mean super expensive. Both her parents would be step 10 which is 110k ish each, more if they hold any leadership role. There are plenty of private schools in the 3k-5k per year price bracket. And, every subsequent sibling usually gets discount.

itsbeenaminute

VIP Member
I actually don’t mind it. Has big 80s vibes but I think it’s kind of perfect for an elevated Byron wedding. The wild fancy dress with the chill hair and bouquet. I think it’s fashion forward and cool. Straight out boho is done to death. Totally get that this is a snark site though so
I'm coming around from my initial comment(which I admit I actually felt guilty for being a snarky bitch) She seems like she is a decent person but everyone else on here is fair game and I have zero guilt.

savefloss

VIP Member
I think it’s funny that they are portraying her as an unlikely success. It feels as though they are trying to convey that despite her inability to manage a business, she hit success because she was in the right place at the right time…

Newhere2

VIP Member
I'm only catching up on this now .. what did Mia share from a troll account? Good on Clem.

Newhere2

VIP Member
If you've got Binge, may I suggest watching The Couple Next Door instead!?! Not boring, lead guy is HOT

• Haha

Sleepyapple

You’re right, I 100% guarantee this is another Jessie exaggeration. My husband is an anaesthetist and has done countless epidurals. He said a 60+ hour labour in Australia is near unheard of (he said it’s very unaustralian but would occur in developing countries). He said she may have been in spurious labour but presently, hospitals wouldn’t allow a woman to be in labour past 24 hours and if so, she would put in for c-section (also depends on time - they don’t want to do c-section after 10pm so they would schedule it sooner than 24 hours).
Does your husband work in a private hospital? I agree that it wouldn’t have been active labour for 60+ hours but it’s not my experience that you would be automatically put in for a c-section if labour (including early labour) went for more than 24 hours, unless your waters had been broken for that long or baby was in distress. Not a Jessie fan but having had very speedy labours without much early labour build up I can imagine it would be exhausting to go through an on off again labour over days.
---
This! If she was in active labour it would put a lot of stress on the baby over a long period of time. We have the same OB and I am currently pregnant with my third and I know our OB would not let her go 60+ hrs in active labour. This is exactly the kind of BS that people dislike her for.
To be fair, she didn’t say it was 60 hours of active labour. I think most people include early labour in their total count of the number of hours. Again, not a fan of Jessie, but I’m genuinely happy when women feel good about their labour experience.

sassafras

Elfy is not only bland, but she’s pretty clearly not loving mmol. Twice this week she’s said stuff about wishing to be pretty much anywhere but the office.
Those comments were so pointed. She has also said she’s moved to one of the “executive editor” roles and isn’t editor in chief anymore. She was maybe in that role for [insert ellipsis here] a month?

Sleepyapple

Yeah I’m the same. Most people just count the active labour whilst in hospital. Early labour can go for a long time and can be mixed up with Braxton Hicks etc.
Interesting. Maybe it’s that I had my first baby in the US. My labours are always really defined with almost no early labour so very easy to count the hours. They’ve been short and I actually feel
self conscious in case that sounds like bragging if I only share the hours in active labour.