Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eyebrow tint

Uk lash eyelash serum... the difference in my lashes is crazyyyyy!! Makes any mascara look good šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

Reactions: 3
@Base2019 I have looked at this lash stuff before but hesitated over the price. I notice it doesnā€™t have the traditional wand for lashes. How do you apply, is it easy? Also, how long does it last?

Thereā€™s always premium beauty sales on John Lewis, and sometimes direct from Bobbi Brown.
Look
Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched face base. Itā€™s fabulous. It isnā€™t cheap but loads of ā€˜influncersā€™ seem to have a Look Fantastic discount code
Look Fantastic have 20% off this at the moment. Unfortunately the sample size was sold out so had to buy it elsewhere, but if you want a full size one it is reduced. Also ASOS (where I got my sample) have 20% off if you spend 20 quid +.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
@Base2019 I have looked at this lash stuff before but hesitated over the price. I notice it doesnā€™t have the traditional wand for lashes. How do you apply, is it easy? Also, how long does it last?

Look

Look Fantastic have 20% off this at the moment. Unfortunately the sample size was sold out so had to buy it elsewhere, but if you want a full size one it is reduced. Also ASOS (where I got my sample) have 20% off if you spend 20 quid +.
I looked into them for ages as I really wanted to try one but didnā€™t want to spend the crazy amounts for revitalash etc, the Uk lash one is far cheaper than any Iā€™ve found and Iā€™ve had great results. I think I got it for Ā£25ish and free delivery, they had a discount code on.

Itā€™s just like a wee liquid eyeliner brush so you just glide it over your top lashes. I donā€™t do it with a mirror so itā€™s easy enough šŸ‘ŒšŸ» You donā€™t need to dip it twice for both eyes, one dip apparently has enough product for both eyes!

Iā€™ve been using it since before Christmas and no notion of it being empty or near running out yet. Tbh I havenā€™t been using it religiously every day either and have fab results even at that, which I love! I just put it on when I remember and still does a great job! I have lashes where Iā€™ve never had lashes lol

Reactions: 2
Laura mercier translucent setting powder, it's the one make up item I won't consider using a cheaper alternative for.
I've never used a translucent setting powder. Someone gave me a pot once that I literally only used one time as it gave my face a weird sheen. I looked really sweaty in photos šŸ˜‚ What is it that makes the Laura Mercier one so good as I'm interested in starting to use a recommended one.

Reactions: 1
I've never used a translucent setting powder. Someone gave me a pot once that I literally only used one time as it gave my face a weird sheen. I looked really sweaty in photos šŸ˜‚ What is it that makes the Laura Mercier one so good as I'm interested in starting to use a recommended one.
Itā€™s excellent, very finely milled and no white cast. Basically fool proof.

Reactions: 5
What Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette would look best with blue eyes? I love browns/taupes/golds. Iā€™m drawn to the pillow talk one but I think Iā€™ll look washed out

Try not to use powder or use it sparingley as we older gals cant hack it - makes us look older

Cream products work best on us - I am nearly 50 with dry skin and i use:

foundation: IT Cosmetics CC cream
Concealer: Collection or Make up Revolution Conceal and Hydrate - stay away from the heavy ones like Tarte Shape Tape it will hagger you (been there done it)
Bronzer: Soleil Tan De Chanel (is good but expensive)
Blush: Milk cream blush in werk
Highlighter - Benefit Dandlion Twinkle
Lips - Mac Liner in Whirl and use Too Face Lip injection as a gloss

If i have to use powder I use Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette would look best with blue eyes? I love browns/taupes/golds. Iā€™m drawn to the pillow talk one but I think Iā€™ll look washed out
I have the Bella Sofia one, I have blue eyes too lol I really like it. Can be used for daytime or a nice nighttime look. I really like the one they call the primer on itā€™s own itā€™s really good for a nice daytime look on itā€™s on with some liner! It really opens up my eyes. I find the pillow talk one very pinky on blue eyes, if Iā€™m in any way tired I think those tones emphasise any redness in my eyes so I tend to avoid šŸ™ˆ probably just me tho, sleep is not my strong point šŸ¤£

Reactions: 3
Ive got ā€˜The Dolce Vitaā€™ but pretty sure theyā€™ve re-named it to ā€œBella Sofiaā€. Makes my blue eyes pop.
If youā€™re really fair Iā€™d suggest peachy and light brown/bronze colours.

I donā€™t know how makeup counters are running at the moment but before Covid Charlotte Tilbury counters did ā€œeye tutorialsā€ where theyā€™d basically do your eye makeup for free but talked you through and showed you every step.

Does anyone recommend any Charlotte tilbury palettes for brown eyes? šŸ˜Šā™„
Most colours suit brown but anything with purples and greens will make them pop! Iā€™d recommend:
The Glamour Muse
Fire Rose
Vintage Vamp

On their website thereā€™s an option to take a selfie and ā€œtry onā€ all the shades. Iā€™m having so much fun doing it šŸ˜

C4EBA066-A4AD-4D7C-8356-50575053CB06.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Most colours suit brown but anything with purples and greens will make them pop! Iā€™d recommend:
The Glamour Muse
Fire Rose
Vintage Vamp

On their website thereā€™s an option to take a selfie and ā€œtry onā€ all the shades. Iā€™m having so much fun doing it šŸ˜

View attachment 559257
Right thatā€™s my entertainment sorted for the evening šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ thank you!! Iā€™m gonna go try it and possibly treat myself šŸ„°ā™„

• Haha
  • Heart
@justheretoread99 have you tried copper charge and walk of no shame? :) if so what do you think of them?
I havenā€™t Iā€™m afraidā˜¹ Iā€™ve blue eyes so think The Walk of No Shame would look a bit off on me but LOVE the look of Copper Charge.
Iā€™ve got Dolce Vita (which looks exact to Bella Sofia) & The Rebel. -Canā€™t fault either! Super pigmented, especially the shimmer shades.

• Heart
I havenā€™t Iā€™m afraidā˜¹ Iā€™ve blue eyes so think The Walk of No Shame would look a bit off on me but LOVE the look of Copper Charge.
Iā€™ve got Dolce Vita (which looks exact to Bella Sofia) & The Rebel. -Canā€™t fault either! Super pigmented, especially the shimmer shades.
I prefer copper charge too!! The shades are so gorgeous. I also just saw their new lipsticks and lip tints (blushed rose šŸ˜), and now my CT wishlist is as long as my arm šŸ™ƒ

Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesnā€™t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? Iā€™ve tried so many over the years but canā€™t find the ā€œoneā€.

Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesnā€™t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? Iā€™ve tried so many over the years but canā€™t find the ā€œoneā€.
I like to use Mac extended play mascara on the bottom lashes, a lot seem to smudge on me but that one doesn't. If I want natural looking eyelashes I use that on the top too, if I want thicker looking ones I use Clarins supra volume mascara on top (doesn't go flaky). Bit indulgent having two on the go but a girls got to have some vices šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
Stay Perfect, no 7 gold tube. Itā€™s a tubing one, does not budge. Doesnā€™t give a dramatic look but you can build it up a bit. 2nd choice for me would be Clinique Lash Power.

I have not tried this tip myself, but you can use a normal more dramatic mascara, and lock it in with a tubing one. As I said, not tried this myself, I donā€™t go in for the full flutter, but I read it somewhere.

And I avoid putting mascara on bottom lashes, not only for the smudging, but it seems to exacerbate my dark circles, and they are a bit too long and spidery.