Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a really lovely foundation / buffing brush? I’ve used Real Techniques for yonks but recently got a couple of Mac eye brushes and now my RT brushes feel cheap. The other thing I’m on the lookout for is a low maintenance natural lip colour lipstick / gloss for every day wear.
Also has anyone used Chanel Tan de Soleil? I’ve heard holy grail things about it!
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk is my go to for daytime. I LOVE the make up brushes from Peaches and Cream

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any recommendations for a really lovely foundation / buffing brush? I’ve used Real Techniques for yonks but recently got a couple of Mac eye brushes and now my RT brushes feel cheap. The other thing I’m on the lookout for is a low maintenance natural lip colour lipstick / gloss for every day wear.
Also has anyone used Chanel Tan de Soleil? I’ve heard holy grail things about it!
Sculpted by Aimee double ended brushes are fab!! Esp for convenience if going away for weekends need to bring very few. Also the peaches and cream brushes the above user has mentioned are really good too 🥰 they do good brush bundles!!! Wash very well also.

What kind of complexion do you have? Charlotte tilbury witch perfect is gorgeous it’s a pinky nude. Penelope pink is lovely too it’s more nude, no pink tones. They are really easy to put on, not matte so more forgiving can get away with putting them on without a mirror if needed 👌🏻

Reactions: 1
I have used the Chanel, not impressed, makes me look yellow. I also find it quite hard to use, it is quite a stiff product. Others rave over it, so might just be me. They have recently reformulated it so it may be better. W7 do a dupe, worth looking at the reviews for that, it is almost identical but obviously a lot cheaper.

I bought one of Carter Cosmetics foundations during lockdown in my local pharmacy. The half measure dewy foundation. The shade caramel chew is perfect for me and I love the texture will defo re purchase. I think the shades are perfect for irish skin. More beige than pink/yellow

Does anyone have any light/medium coverage foundation recommendations? I used to use Mac studio fix but only using a CC cream these days, foundation feels very drying and heavy so looking for something a bit lighter. I've tried the Ordinary foundation which was fine for 6 quid but melted off way too fast.

Does anyone have any light/medium coverage foundation recommendations? I used to use Mac studio fix but only using a CC cream these days, foundation feels very drying and heavy so looking for something a bit lighter. I've tried the Ordinary foundation which was fine for 6 quid but melted off way too fast.
Estée Lauder futurist hydra rescue moisturising make up is unreal 😍😍 also spf 45 so fab for summer 👌🏻

Reactions: 3
I used to use a discontinued Kiehls BB cream and recently asked for suggestions for a CC/BB cream. I used this site to see what options had a similar content and have been trialling this Garnier BB cream [I have very oily skin, but so far so good!. I still use studio fix, but it feels, and looks, waaaaay heavier now than I ever thought before.

Also tried the Ordinary serum foundation and it was pish.

I used to use a discontinued Kiehls BB cream and recently asked for suggestions for a CC/BB cream. I used this site to see what options had a similar content and have been trialling this Garnier BB cream [I have very oily skin, but so far so good!. I still use studio fix, but it feels, and looks, waaaaay heavier now than I ever thought before.

Also tried the Ordinary serum foundation and it was pish.
Amazing thanks, I will check that out. My skin can get quite oily during the day so that sounds good. I've no idea what happened to my bottle of studio fix, although maybe it's past its best. Not sure I wanna rebuy it if it's just not a good fit for my skin anymore.

IT Cosmetics’ Your Skin But Better is great!

Reactions: 3
  1. God I wish I could get a sample of it! I'd pay if it delivered on its claims!!
    Might be able to pay for a sample on eBay. That’s what I do. I have made so many wasteful blind purchases that I try and get a sample these days, even if I have to pay. It has saved me £s.

Reactions: 6
If anyone has any pressed powder recommendations for my oily AF forehead I would be eternally grateful. Bonus points if I can get it off Asos as they’ve got 20% on and payday isn’t for another two weeks! My face genuinely looks greasy.. post pill probs 🤯

If anyone has any pressed powder recommendations for my oily AF forehead I would be eternally grateful. Bonus points if I can get it off Asos as they’ve got 20% on and payday isn’t for another two weeks! My face genuinely looks greasy.. post pill probs 🤯
I don’t for powder. But have your tried blotting paper? I have the soap and glory ones for on the go.

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder is great for the price. Definitely worth a try if you haven’t already given it a go.

I don’t for powder. But have your tried blotting paper? I have the soap and glory ones for on the go.
I’ll definitely try, worth putting in my handbag for a mid day touch up.

Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder is great for the price. Definitely worth a try if you haven’t already given it a go.
I used to use this years ago and it was fab! Now my skin has appeared to have returned to my teenage days I think I will give it a go. Thank you ☺

Can anyone recommend a good satin finish medium coverage foundation please? Estée Lauder double wear was my holy grail but I’ve been having to mix it with my moisturiser as my skin is becoming more combination/dry.

I’ll definitely try, worth putting in my handbag for a mid day touch up.

I used to use this years ago and it was fab! Now my skin has appeared to have returned to my teenage days I think I will give it a go. Thank you ☺
I use Soap & Glory blotting pressed powder, which I think is a good one. Didn't know they did paper, too.

My skin is drier than it used to be. I have to use primer under my makeup now, whereas I used to be able to moisturise. But I still end up very oily midday and it looks like I have far more foundation on than I actually have.

Can anyone recommend a good satin finish medium coverage foundation please? Estée Lauder double wear was my holy grail but I’ve been having to mix it with my moisturiser as my skin is becoming more combination/dry.
Nars Natural Radiant Longwear foundation has a good coverage with a dewy/satin finish!

Try a mattefying primer/foundation. Failing that use a translucent powder. I swear by Laura Mercier, it’s a little pricey but really nice.

1. Might be able to pay for a sample on eBay. That’s what I do. I have made so many wasteful blind purchases that I try and get a sample these days, even if I have to pay. It has saved me £s.
Now I used to have a borderline ebay addiction so I'm with you here! But one thing to be mindful of is a lot of the makeup/cosmetics being sold is fake. Not all of course, but a lot are fakes, and can cause reactions etc. Though my experience is that I once bought the porefessional on ebay to try it out, and it was brilliant. I then bought the actual porefessional and it was gick. I can only assume the fake was polyfilla 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4