Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesn’t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? I’ve tried so many over the years but can’t find the “one”.
Lancôme Hypnose is fab!!! For a really good cheaper one maybelline lash sensational - the pink bottled one... fab!

Reactions: 3
Thank you all for your suggestions think I’ll treat myself to a few to try out 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any BB cream recommendations for very oily skin? Ever since first lockdown I've ditched the oul Mac Studio Fix [which to be fair, is class], but I like the idea of less heavy coverage, but my skin is too large pores and bad texture to not wear something.

Does anyone have any BB cream recommendations for very oily skin? Ever since first lockdown I've ditched the oul Mac Studio Fix [which to be fair, is class], but I like the idea of less heavy coverage, but my skin is too large pores and bad texture to not wear something.
Look up Estée Lauder hydra futurist moisturising make up ... it’s sooooo lightweight on the skin, so breathable but will still give you a lovely natural looking coverage! It also has SPF 45. It’s my go to in the summer 🥰 it’s not specifically a BB cream but it’s so light and lovely coverage

if you defo wanted a BB cream Jane Iredale glow BB cream is good altho the shade range is pretty crap in my opinion and would put me off, it’s very yellowy based which isn’t great for Irish skins ha but if you’ve yellow undertones check it out too

• Heart
What is BB cream exactly?
It’s short for beauty balm... it’s very hydrating like a tinted moisturiser but most of them have added things like spfs. They would be better for dry skins whereas the CC creams are for colour correcting, they normally have more coverage and are better suited for oiler skins xxxx

Reactions: 2
Again, not BB - sorry! - but I love Fenty Eaze Drop and Mac Face and Body. Even though it seems counter-intuitive with oily skin, moisturising is your best friend. I love the e.l.f. squalane jelly in summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
A great one is the Lidl BB cream, with slightly less coverage than your Mac one, which is what you want.
I hate the phrase cheap as chips, but it is, with nice medium coverage, lovely texture and it lasts all day!

I have very oily skin and I’ve found using the correct toner and serums for my skin has helped. I use a very light Rimmel foundation which give a balance between lightweight and coverage. Look into a niacinamide.

I am a firm believer that good skin starts from within, you are what you eat, nothing you apply on top can do much. I still kind of agree with that, but I have had my head turned by Clarins Double Serum.

I bought this after reading about it on Mumsnet. I have sensitive skin which doesn’t react well to a lot of anti ageing products, so I was taking a chance on an expensive product. I bought the smallest size I could, and shopped around to where it was on offer.

The first time I applied it I was not impressed with the texture or aroma, and I got a slight reddening of the skin as a reaction. I decided to apply every other day at night (you can apply morning and evening before moisturiser) to ease myself in, which worked. My skin no longer reacted and I use every night.

I have been using it for about 6 weeks, and my skin (even if I do say so myself) looks amazing.This has happened in the last few weeks. When I get up in the morning my skin looks so even toned and glowy. It is so good that applying my usual tinted moisturiser detracts from how good my skin looks. I am aware that this sounds boasty, and not strictly make up like the title of the thread, but it’s a game changer for me.

It’s expensive but the container is good In the delivery, no waste. You can apply one or two pumps morning and night. I apply one pump evening only, and the bottle will last a long time. It has barely gone down. (One of those crafty double chambered containers that look like you are getting more product than you actually are.) I really recommend this. I wasn’t expecting much, I am never wowed by skincare products, but this has wowed me.

Reactions: 5
A great one is the Lidl BB cream, with slightly less coverage than your Mac one, which is what you want.
I hate the phrase cheap as chips, but it is, with nice medium coverage, lovely texture and it lasts all day!
I roam Lidl and Aldi always on the lookout for their creams and they're NEVER in stock!!! I assume they're actually just so good that people bulk buy.

Stay Perfect, no 7 gold tube. It’s a tubing one, does not budge. Doesn’t give a dramatic look but you can build it up a bit. 2nd choice for me would be Clinique Lash Power.

I have not tried this tip myself, but you can use a normal more dramatic mascara, and lock it in with a tubing one. As I said, not tried this myself, I don’t go in for the full flutter, but I read it somewhere.

And I avoid putting mascara on bottom lashes, not only for the smudging, but it seems to exacerbate my dark circles, and they are a bit too long and spidery.
Seeing your comment about the circles reminded me that I LOVE beauty pie sumerluminous undereye genuis. I don't often rate their make up but that is really good. You are supposed to wear it under concealer but that does the job on it's own for me - my shadows are kind of bluey and I buy the light medium.

Reactions: 3
I am a firm believer that good skin starts from within, you are what you eat, nothing you apply on top can do much. I still kind of agree with that, but I have had my head turned by Clarins Double Serum.

I bought this after reading about it on Mumsnet. I have sensitive skin which doesn’t react well to a lot of anti ageing products, so I was taking a chance on an expensive product. I bought the smallest size I could, and shopped around to where it was on offer.

The first time I applied it I was not impressed with the texture or aroma, and I got a slight reddening of the skin as a reaction. I decided to apply every other day at night (you can apply morning and evening before moisturiser) to ease myself in, which worked. My skin no longer reacted and I use every night.

I have been using it for about 6 weeks, and my skin (even if I do say so myself) looks amazing.This has happened in the last few weeks. When I get up in the morning my skin looks so even toned and glowy. It is so good that applying my usual tinted moisturiser detracts from how good my skin looks. I am aware that this sounds boasty, and not strictly make up like the title of the thread, but it’s a game changer for me.

It’s expensive but the container is good In the delivery, no waste. You can apply one or two pumps morning and night. I apply one pump evening only, and the bottle will last a long time. It has barely gone down. (One of those crafty double chambered containers that look like you are getting more product than you actually are.) I really recommend this. I wasn’t expecting much, I am never wowed by skincare products, but this has wowed me.
This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I only started using serum for the first time about six weeks ago. My acne prone skin wouldn't have hacked it in my younger day. I've been using one called Florence Bio Cosmesi with a jade facial roller. It was £12 and I like the texture, very lightweight, non-sticky and absorbs easily, but can't say I've noticed a jot of difference in the look or feel of my skin.

I've got a list of products I want to try, just want to make sure I'm not trying too much at once.

Question! Can anyone recommend a really good foundation brush?

This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. I only started using serum for the first time about six weeks ago. My acne prone skin wouldn't have hacked it in my younger day. I've been using one called Florence Bio Cosmesi with a jade facial roller. It was £12 and I like the texture, very lightweight, non-sticky and absorbs easily, but can't say I've noticed a jot of difference in the look or feel of my skin.

I've got a list of products I want to try, just want to make sure I'm not trying too much at once.

blank canvas F20 or for mega quick application the new be perfect empress brush is also brill 😍

@
Woolmercardington Very wise. I have often tried too many new products at once with bad results. Serums are not the most pleasurable to use, and I was not expecting much, so genuinely surprised that it has had a positive effect on my skin. I think the key is the length of time to test it. I have been guilty before of discarding something after a week, when it needs time to work.

I roam Lidl and Aldi always on the lookout for their creams and they're NEVER in stock!!! I assume they're actually just so good that people bulk buy.
This one is always there, it's in a 30ml tube that's boxed. The "influencers" haven't caught on to it yet!

• Wow
My one makeup product I can’t live without or have found a good alternative is the Charlotte Tilbury legendary brows. It’s SO good! They’ve just updated the shade range, I previously used “supermodel” but this has been rebranded as dark brown (lol, not very exciting!). The brush is so tiny and precise, I love it. I do fancy trying the Refy kit if anyone has any views on it? Just quite expensive and I would be worried it’s too full on.

I'm a big fan of the Bobbi Brown one. The real techniques one is fine if you don't want to spend as much but somehow not quite as good as BB

Does anyone have any recommendations for a really lovely foundation / buffing brush? I’ve used Real Techniques for yonks but recently got a couple of Mac eye brushes and now my RT brushes feel cheap. The other thing I’m on the lookout for is a low maintenance natural lip colour lipstick / gloss for every day wear.
Also has anyone used Chanel Tan de Soleil? I’ve heard holy grail things about it!