Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Setting spray. The Rolls Royce for me is Urban Decay All Nighter. You can buy a travel size if you want to try it out. It is quite expensive, but it does set the make up so well.

A cheaper version is the ELF one in the black spray. Almost as good as UD but cheap.

Reactions: 11
Any suggestions for a moisturising primer? 🙂

Laura Mercier translucent powder
Chanel soleil de tan
Nars creamy concealer

^ nothing comes close to them for me

Reactions: 6

Chanel soleil de tan
Nars creamy concealer

the bobbi brown vitamin enriched face base is fab, mines nearly run out so I’m not looking forward to buying it again, it’s so expensive 😭

Reactions: 6

Chanel soleil de tan
Nars creamy concealer

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched face base. It’s fabulous. It isn’t cheap but loads of ‘influncers’ seem to have a Look Fantastic discount code

Reactions: 5
Making sure your primer/moisturiser and foundation have the same base. (E.g if you primer is water based then use a water base foundation. Or if your primer is silicone based then use a silicone base foundation)

Using a dampened beauty blender when applying foundation. And when applying concealer, pat it into the skin. Don’t swipe it as it will leave lines. Also when applying under the eyes, look up to slightly stretch the skin, this will avoid creasing and makeup setting in the under eye lines.

Always apply bronzer, contour and blush above the hollows/cheekbones to lift the face. Anything below the cheekbones will drag the face down.

If you wear eyeshadow use an eye primer. “The P-Louise Base” is the absolute best in the business and makes al colours and glitters pop!
Dark shadow in the eye socket/crease and a lighter colour or shimmer/glitter on the lid.

Blue eyes - use warm tones, oranges, coppers, browns and gold. Makes the eyes pop!

Brown/dark eyes - Brown, plum, purple, green and khaki tones.

Face and setting powder - LESS IS MORE!

Mascara - use ones that have small bristles on the wand. Smaller bristles coat every lash and avoids clumpyness. My favourite is L’Oreal Million Lashes.

If you have oily skin use a mattefying setting spray and if you have dry skin use a dewy finish setting spray.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
For me I’ve never found eyeshadows as pigmented and long lasting as Charlotte Tilbury. The eyeshadow quads they do - they’re fab for on the go and they tell you which order to put them on in. They are just fantastic, although quite pricey. I have some that I’ve had for years (yes I know makeup expires but I’m a rebel)

also the Charlotte tilbury cheek to chic blush is amazing. I’ve bought several over the years. They aren’t cheap either but I haven’t found anything that beats them. Also, I had one for 6 months and the blush popped out of the casing, smashing everywhere. 2nd time this has happened to me 😩 I contacted them and they sent me a replacement, no questions asked. Great customer service.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@justheretoread99 About Beauty Blenders - do you use the brand Beauty Blender or do you use other similar products that are cheaper? Is it worth shelling out for a BB?
Yes I currently use the branded Beauty Blender as I like how soft it is and blends foundation and cream products amazingly. I’ve tried Real Techniques and Superdrug/Boots own branded sponges but can’t get on with them, they’re quite firm and it’s difficult to blend.

Reactions: 3
Yes I currently use the branded Beauty Blender as I like how soft it is and blends foundation and cream products amazingly. I’ve tried Real Techniques and Superdrug/Boots own branded sponges but can’t get on with them, they’re quite firm and it’s difficult to blend.
I’m the same - I personally haven’t found another that compares

Reactions: 3
How often do you wash it? Once a week? How do you store it?
I have a few and I wash them usually after I’ve used it - I always use a clean one. I wash them In hot water & anti bac soap, then leave them to air dry. I keep the dry clean ones in a little pot on my dresser

Reactions: 2
Two N07 products have been absolute game changers for me; hydra luminous foundation and stay perfect mascara. The foundation looks really fresh and dewy straightaway and gets more natural looking as the day goes on, my skin is dehydrated but always looks glowy and dewy in this and the mascara just stays out until I remove it at the end of the day

Reactions: 1
Two N07 products have been absolute game changers for me; hydra luminous foundation and stay perfect mascara. The foundation looks really fresh and dewy straightaway and gets more natural looking as the day goes on, my skin is dehydrated but always looks glowy and dewy in this and the mascara just stays out until I remove it at the end of the day
Hydra luminous is one of the new foundations I'm planning on purchasing. Great to hear it comes recommended.

the bobbi brown vitamin enriched face base is fab, mines nearly run out so I’m not looking forward to buying it again, it’s so expensive 😭
There’s always premium beauty sales on John Lewis, and sometimes direct from Bobbi Brown.

• Heart