Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, I'm refreshing my makeup bag and previously asked for foundation recommendations for the over-40's.

Now I wonder if anyone could give me their makeup game changers? Basically, one WOW item that stopped you buying different brands and that you have stuck with because its so good.

Especially interested in anything that is really good value for money and not ultra expensive 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Using a primer under my makeup has been a huge game changer for me. I suffer from dry skin so it really helps with applying my makeup but I‘ve also noticed a change in the length of it looking „nice“.

I use the FaceStudio one from Maybellone in blue ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Elf poreless putty primer is great for me as my pores are quite visible!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Laura mercier translucent setting powder, it's the one make up item I won't consider using a cheaper alternative for.

Reactions: 10
The fenty contour stick (think it’s called match stix lol), but I use it for contour and it is the best thing I’ve used

Reactions: 5
I really like the Collection contour stick. I’ve used it for years since Fleur De Force recommended it.

Make up Revolution conceal and define concealer is my favourite too.

Definitely moisturise and prime.

Reactions: 4
Agree with moisturiser and primer. Make sure the formulae match your foundation - e.g. water-based primer and water-based foundation, or else your make up will split.

I really like cream-based products - the Fenty Cheeks Out bronzer/blusher in Butta Biscuit and Rose Latte are lovely. The Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown cream shadow sticks are lovely, too. They’re a bit pricier but you can often get minis at Christmas time.

Agree with moisturiser and primer. Make sure the formulae match your foundation - e.g. water-based primer and water-based foundation, or else your make up will split.

I really like cream-based products - the Fenty Cheeks Out bronzer/blusher in Butta Biscuit and Rose Latte are lovely. The Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown cream shadow sticks are lovely, too. They’re a bit pricier but you can often get minis at Christmas time.
Oh, I meant to say: Maybelline mascara forever and always!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Dior lip glow is expensive but so so worth it in my opinion. I’ve tried so hard to find a dupe but can’t :(

It's not the product that was the game changer , but the method .

Tight line upper lashes with dark eyeshadow applied with a damp eyeliner brush. Got that tip from Instagram.

It's not the product that was the game changer , but the method .

Tight line upper lashes with dark eyeshadow applied with a damp eyeliner brush. Got that tip from Instagram.
Yes, agreed! I use a mixture of black and brown eyeshadow.

Good moisturiser and the right primer for your skin :)

I love foundation and have so many different brands. My favourite full coverage is Estee Lauder Doublewear but that is a bit pricey. My favourite drugstore foundation is Maybeline Urban Dream Cover, its beautiful on my skin.

Also, imo the most important thing to buy is decent makeup brushes. Honestly, that is such a game changer! I use a mix of Zoeva and Smith brushes and you can tell the difference from using real techniques or other cheaper brushes. Decent brushes can be pricey but its an investment well worth paying for.

Does anyone know where you can get sample sizes of these products? I don't mind spending money on something that works for me but I don't want to pay through the nose for something that ends up not suiting me.

Does anyone know where you can get sample sizes of these products? I don't mind spending money on something that works for me but I don't want to pay through the nose for something that ends up not suiting me.
some people sell samples on depop, in small pots of like 5ml, so you can try out the product! That’s the only way I know to get makeup samples, I don’t see brands give them anymore ☹

I always just ask in store for samples and they’ll give you a pot to try - last time I did it was just before Covid, but can’t see why that would change it

Reactions: 2
So, I'm refreshing my makeup bag and previously asked for foundation recommendations for the over-40's.

Now I wonder if anyone could give me their makeup game changers? Basically, one WOW item that stopped you buying different brands and that you have stuck with because its so good.

Especially interested in anything that is really good value for money and not ultra expensive 🙂
Eyelash curlers - just the cheap metal ones from any chemist or supermarket. Cant live without them!!!

Maybelline “The Falsies” waterproof mascara

Benefit Boi-ing concealer

Burts Bees tinted lip gloss - I don’t particularly like wearing lipstick but I like these as they are essentially a tinted lip balm - cheap and they keep your lips soft with a hint of colour

Eye lid primer - makes your eye make up really pop and stay true to the colour it’s meant to be and stops it from creasing in the skin on the lid

• Heart
Reactions: 3