Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

1. Might be able to pay for a sample on eBay. That’s what I do. I have made so many wasteful blind purchases that I try and get a sample these days, even if I have to pay. It has saved me £s.
They sell it on QVC so you could try it for 30 days for the cost of the postage

Reactions: 1
Please can someone advise me about your favourite contour products- both cream and powder, and both high end and drug store.

I want to treat myself but im finding it difficult to find the right shade. I want it to be the slightly cool/ash/grey type colour and not the warm bronzer type colour, as i hate it when bronze is used for contour. I have looked at the ABH pallete but even those colours look too dark and warm. I have heard lots of good things about KKW contour stick but i dont know if i can justify the price.

Thank you :)

Can anyone recommend a good satin finish medium coverage foundation please? Estée Lauder double wear was my holy grail but I’ve been having to mix it with my moisturiser as my skin is becoming more combination/dry.
If you're looking for something cheaper, I highly recommend L.A Girl Pro Coverage HD Long Wear Illuminating Liquid Foundation (it's on BeautyBay for about £10 and it's also cruelty-free). I have normal/dry skin and this foundation looks really healthy and glowy on my skin, and it has medium coverage 😊

Reactions: 2
Any recommendations for a decent quality eye liner or pencil that won't smudge?

I loved the Nars Longwear eyeliner but the last time I got it the twist up function was broken and it put me off getting it again.
Might try it because it was so long wearing that I only rarely would top it up during the day.

I think most of them smudge to some degree but I do think putting some eyeshadow over it makes a massive difference... I use a Mac eye pencil in shade coffee and then set with a small bit of dark brown eyeshadow with an angled eyeshadow brush.. always works for me 👌🏻Setting spray will help too 👌🏻

Reactions: 3
I agree with ‘setting’ the eyeliner pencil with the same colour eyeshadow. I always wear brown pencil on my upper lash line and go over it with a dark brown shadow. I really want to try the Charlotte Tilbury eye pencils.

Reactions: 4
I think most of them smudge to some degree but I do think putting some eyeshadow over it makes a massive difference... I use a Mac eye pencil in shade coffee and then set with a small bit of dark brown eyeshadow with an angled eyeshadow brush.. always works for me 👌🏻Setting spray will help too 👌🏻
Never thought of doing that, brilliant suggestion. Thanks (y)

• Heart
Theres alot of charlotte tilbury love on this thread but I dont agree. It is so overpriced and not that great. For an amazing setting powder try airspun, its lighter than air good for mature skin. As for eyeshadow I dont rate CT. Colorpop is the best imo. Yes it had to be shipped here but it's not expensive. Dont let the "childish" packaging put u off. Their super shock eyeshadow are the best thing I've ever tried.
If you find the IT cc cream expensive elf has a really good dupe.
If you want a brown eyeliner Barry m does a brown liquid one. Tho if its pencil it's never staying tho I do recommend good old fashioned rimmel lip liners included, cappuccino is a beautiful colour.

Aaaand breathe 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Theres alot of charlotte tilbury love on this thread but I dont agree. It is so overpriced and not that great. For an amazing setting powder try airspun, its lighter than air good for mature skin. As for eyeshadow I dont rate CT. Colorpop is the best imo. Yes it had to be shipped here but it's not expensive. Dont let the "childish" packaging put u off. Their super shock eyeshadow are the best thing I've ever tried.
If you find the IT cc cream expensive elf has a really good dupe.
If you want a brown eyeliner Barry m does a brown liquid one. Tho if its pencil it's never staying tho I do recommend good old fashioned rimmel lip liners included, cappuccino is a beautiful colour.

Aaaand breathe 😂😂
I like some CT products but I think the eye shadows are awful.
I actually love the Kylie Cosmetic shadows, they work best for me

I really love huda beauty, all her products work really well for me and the setting powder and liquid lipsticks especially. :)

Reactions: 1
Please can someone advise me about your favourite contour products- both cream and powder, and both high end and drug store.

I want to treat myself but im finding it difficult to find the right shade. I want it to be the slightly cool/ash/grey type colour and not the warm bronzer type colour, as i hate it when bronze is used for contour. I have looked at the ABH pallete but even those colours look too dark and warm. I have heard lots of good things about KKW contour stick but i dont know if i can justify the price.

Thank you :)
Cream - I use ‘NYX Mineral Stick Foundation’ in shade 11. Blends out so nicely with a beauty blender and IMO works better for contour then it would a foundation.
I used to own the ABH cream contour palette years ago but was very yellow toned. Too much for my skin. Blended amazingly though. They might do a cooler/lighter palette now though as I’m talking at-least 5/6 years ago.

Powder - NARS Laguna Bronzer & Benefit Hoola Bronzer are on the cool toned side.
I currently use Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in shade ‘Fair/Medium’ that includes face sculpt and highlight. Hate the highlight but sculpting powder is amazing. Not sure if you can buy it separately though

My friend used to have the KKW contour stick and said it was amazing although couldn’t justify the price aswell as import tax and shipping (US to UK)

Second this! For the waterline: Any kohl liner (I just use cheap ones from Superdrug) with a bit of black/dark brown eyeshadow works a great.
Lid: Any drug store liquid liners or gel liners look amazing with black shadow over the top as it intensifies the colour.

IMO drugstore eyeliners are better then anything high end. Always sharpen the pencils to get a more precise line. And anything waterproof will avoid smudging.

• Heart
Cream - I use ‘NYX Mineral Stick Foundation’ in shade 11. Blends out so nicely with a beauty blender and IMO works better for contour then it would a foundation.
I used to own the ABH cream contour palette years ago but was very yellow toned. Too much for my skin. Blended amazingly though. They might do a cooler/lighter palette now though as I’m talking at-least 5/6 years ago.

Powder - NARS Laguna Bronzer & Benefit Hoola Bronzer are on the cool toned side.
I currently use Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow in shade ‘Fair/Medium’ that includes face sculpt and highlight. Hate the highlight but sculpting powder is amazing. Not sure if you can buy it separately though

My friend used to have the KKW contour stick and said it was amazing although couldn’t justify the price aswell as import tax and shipping (US to UK)

Second this! For the waterline: Any kohl liner (I just use cheap ones from Superdrug) with a bit of black/dark brown eyeshadow works a great.
Lid: Any drug store liquid liners or gel liners look amazing with black shadow over the top as it intensifies the colour.

IMO drugstore eyeliners are better then anything high end. Always sharpen the pencils to get a more precise line. And anything waterproof will avoid smudging.
Agreed on the using a foundation stick for ur contour I literally use the primark one! Its amazing
Have u tried the new hoola bronzer? They have made a shimmer aswell as a matte

• Heart
Agreed on the using a foundation stick for ur contour I literally use the primark one! Its amazing
Have u tried the new hoola bronzer? They have made a shimmer aswell as a matte
Will have a look for the foundation stick in Primark next time I’m in, can’t fault any of their beauty products. Also haven’t used Hoola in a couple years so will look for their new ones too😍

Eyeko sport pencil eyeliner and the Glossier liquid eyeliner pen got me through a funeral. Not a smudge. Also co sign on the urban decay 24 hr eyeliner pencil.