Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a general make up/beauty thread? Like a running thread?
This is it for makeup as far as I can see. There’s a separate one for skincare devices/ machines (IPL, LED masks etc), and I think there’s a couple I’ve found where skincare seem to be discussed. If you want let me know and I’ll link them so you can have a look.

Reactions: 3
I used to collect nail polishes, thankfully I am out of the other side now. I used to have 300 plus at one point. I used to hunt down rare shades. I spent part of a trip to New York trying to find a particular limited edition Marc Jacob shade which was not available here. Sad cow. I tried high street polishes, the professional nail companies ones, and expensive designer ones. My verdict at the end of this madness. The best ones are OPI, Maybelline 7 Days (might be called Stay something now, limited shade range though) and Primark for a quid. The Primark are better than the Chanels, Diors, Nails Inc, Butter London etc.

I now have 10 polishes. They are all Primark and Maybelline. I have not polished fingers or toes for 18 months. I don’t miss it.
OPI and Primark are the best nail varnishes IMO.
Others ( I do expensive now and again 😆) are just not up to their standard.

Reactions: 2
A good under eye concealer, anyone? I just need a touch for dark circles. Currently using Maybelline Age Rewind but is a bit cracky/cakey under the eye?

A good under eye concealer, anyone? I just need a touch for dark circles. Currently using Maybelline Age Rewind but is a bit cracky/cakey under the eye?
It cosmetics bye bye under eye
I also love the Nars creamy concealer, or the maybelline fit me one for a cheaper alternative

It cosmetics bye bye under eye
I also love the Nars creamy concealer, or the maybelline fit me one for a cheaper alternative
I second this. I use the Nars one for going out out and the maybelliene fit me for day to day and going for tea etc

A cheap one if elf hydro
An expensive one is nars it's really brightening if you have really bad dark circles buy a concealer close to ur skin tone use ur finger to pat it in spray with setting spray then go over with your lighter concealer x

Estée Lauder double wear is really good and sets well under eye. The nars radiant creamy concealer is also good but if you have fine lines sometimes i think it can make them look worse as it’s super creamy

Estée Lauder double wear is really good and sets well under eye. The nars radiant creamy concealer is also good but if you have fine lines sometimes i think it can make them look worse as it’s super creamy
There's seems to be a few versions of the Estee Lauder double wear one. Any particular recommendations? Looking for something lightweight.

Reactions: 1
There's seems to be a few versions of the Estee Lauder double wear one. Any particular recommendations? Looking for something lightweight.
I like the original one il post a photo of it 😘 a little goes a long way with this concealer, if your wanting more lightweight with this one I’d say to dab it on lightly with your finger ☺

Attachments

• Heart
Has anyone tried anything from the trinny London range ??? X
I have tried the flush blush - lovely, really easy to blend and natural, eye2eye again very easy to blend and long lasting. I also have the cheekbone contour which I don't really rate but that might just be because I'm rubbish at applying it or my face is too round to get a decent shadow...it always looked so good on the people that she did those makeovers on!

Tarte shape tape concealer is hands down the best in my opinion and I’ve tried a tonne over the years.

Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesn’t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? I’ve tried so many over the years but can’t find the “one”.
I use DHC waterproof one - it doesn’t budge

IT cosmetics cc cream

Nars Laguna bronzer/ benefit hoola

Rimmel lip liner in Addiction

Revlon ultra HD lip colour in Sand

Rimmel Scandelyes eyeliners

MAC eyeshadows

MAC blushers in Well Dressed

DHC mascara

Last edited:
This is it for makeup as far as I can see. There’s a separate one for skincare devices/ machines (IPL, LED masks etc), and I think there’s a couple I’ve found where skincare seem to be discussed. If you want let me know and I’ll link them so you can have a look.
It would be good to have a general thread on all thinks beauty related - make up/hair/body products - like a Q & A. That way If you have a quick question, you might get a few quick responses. I want to ask a question about my hair but can’t see where I would put something like that.

I don’t think I can start a thread but might contact admin, unless one of you guys can do it?

It could be called: Beauty Q & A (All things Beauty/Hair/Make up) #1

It would be good to have a general thread on all thinks beauty related - make up/hair/body products - like a Q & A. That way If you have a quick question, you might get a few quick responses. I want to ask a question about my hair but can’t see where I would put something like that.

I don’t think I can start a thread but might contact admin, unless one of you guys can do it?

It could be called: Beauty Q & A (All things Beauty/Hair/Make up) #1
There have been quite a few hair threads, plus the glow up secret thread, although they have probably slipped down the forum now. I started a thread to just ask a question about foundation for mature skin, so you can just do that if you want.

I am thinking of just a running thread you can dip in and out of, so not just starting a thread for single topics.

I didn’t think I could start a new thread @Woolmercardington - you have, and your member status is the same as mine. How did you do it?

Mac face and body is lovely and lightweight. Doesn’t settle in to fine lines and is waterproof. No spf though but a good one for night out so no flashbacks with the photo flash.

I use the lash paradise primer and the maybelline sky high class lash mascara (It’s in a pink tube) the primer and the mascara together make your lashes look really long.

• Heart
My favourite blushers are the Mac ones and I also really like Benefit. Thebalm Mama bronzers along with Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola are the best bronzers I have used.
Eyeshadow wise I use TooFaced chocolate bar and sweet peach palette all the time. I also really like the LA Splash magic palette. You cant beat the Mac eyeshadows either. Anastasia Beverly Hills soft glam is another favourite.
Mascara wise I always go back to Maybelline, I have used more expensive ones(Chanel has some lovely ones) but they arent worth it imo.
My daily foundation is usually a Rimmel match perfection and the Anastasia Beverly Hills stick foundation for a night or if I want more coverage.

Reactions: 5
I love Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I HATE the packaging, it’s hard to swirl your brush around evenly.
Cam anyone recommend a nice bronzing powder similar to Hoola. Don’t mind about the price as it always last me ages and will be a treat.

My favourite blushers are the Mac ones and I also really like Benefit. Thebalm Mama bronzers along with Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola are the best bronzers I have used.
Eyeshadow wise I use TooFaced chocolate bar and sweet peach palette all the time. I also really like the LA Splash magic palette. You cant beat the Mac eyeshadows either. Anastasia Beverly Hills soft glam is another favourite.
Mascara wise I always go back to Maybelline, I have used more expensive ones(Chanel has some lovely ones) but they arent worth it imo.
My daily foundation is usually a Rimmel match perfection and the Anastasia Beverly Hills stick foundation for a night or if I want more coverage.
Only saw this after posting myself. Is the Nars Laguna similar to Hoola? Is it matte?