Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I love Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I HATE the packaging, it’s hard to swirl your brush around evenly.
Cam anyone recommend a nice bronzing powder similar to Hoola. Don’t mind about the price as it always last me ages and will be a treat.

Only saw this after posting myself. Is the Nars Laguna similar to Hoola? Is it matte?
I know what you mean I have the Cheekleaders palette and it’s so much better than the individual boxes blush/bronzers!!
Laguna is lovely, it’s matte and very much like Hoola tone wise.
Check out Thebalm bronzers too they have a really nice selection of tones similar to Hoola, quite reasonably priced too.

Reactions: 2

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
How often do you wash it? Once a week? How do you store it?
I have a few and I wash them usually after I’ve used it - I always use a clean one. I wash them In hot water & anti bac soap, then leave them to air dry. I keep the dry clean ones in a little pot on my dresser

Base2019

VIP Member
@Base2019 I have looked at this lash stuff before but hesitated over the price. I notice it doesn’t have the traditional wand for lashes. How do you apply, is it easy? Also, how long does it last?

Look

Look Fantastic have 20% off this at the moment. Unfortunately the sample size was sold out so had to buy it elsewhere, but if you want a full size one it is reduced. Also ASOS (where I got my sample) have 20% off if you spend 20 quid +.
I looked into them for ages as I really wanted to try one but didn’t want to spend the crazy amounts for revitalash etc, the Uk lash one is far cheaper than any I’ve found and I’ve had great results. I think I got it for £25ish and free delivery, they had a discount code on.

It’s just like a wee liquid eyeliner brush so you just glide it over your top lashes. I don’t do it with a mirror so it’s easy enough 👌🏻 You don’t need to dip it twice for both eyes, one dip apparently has enough product for both eyes!

I’ve been using it since before Christmas and no notion of it being empty or near running out yet. Tbh I haven’t been using it religiously every day either and have fab results even at that, which I love! I just put it on when I remember and still does a great job! I have lashes where I’ve never had lashes lol

tagliatelle

Does anyone have any BB cream recommendations for very oily skin? Ever since first lockdown I've ditched the oul Mac Studio Fix [which to be fair, is class], but I like the idea of less heavy coverage, but my skin is too large pores and bad texture to not wear something.
Again, not BB - sorry! - but I love Fenty Eaze Drop and Mac Face and Body. Even though it seems counter-intuitive with oily skin, moisturising is your best friend. I love the e.l.f. squalane jelly in summer.

• Heart

CelesteW

I have @Stepharnie I did not rate any of the bits I got.

The pros, it is exquisitely packaged when it arrives. It comes in a Trinny little padded envelope thing which you can reuse.

I have bought a few of the lip colours (all very drying) and the BFF skin Perfector (meh). It is quite expensive too. I like the concept of little pots, I know some might find them unhygienic though. I recently bought another one of the lip colours because the colour looked lush on the website, but it didn’t look the same when delivered (and like the others) was dry. Other people rave about them though, so I would take a look at the reviews, and maybe buy one thing at a time! I won’t buy anything else from there now.
I have @Stepharnie I did not rate any of the bits I got.

The pros, it is exquisitely packaged when it arrives. It comes in a Trinny little padded envelope thing which you can reuse.

I have bought a few of the lip colours (all very drying) and the BFF skin Perfector (meh). It is quite expensive too. I like the concept of little pots, I know some might find them unhygienic though. I recently bought another one of the lip colours because the colour looked lush on the website, but it didn’t look the same when delivered (and like the others) was dry. Other people rave about them though, so I would take a look at the reviews, and maybe buy one thing at a time! I won’t buy anything else from there now.
I’ve been looking at the BFF. Won’t bother now especially for the price

calmyourritas

VIP Member
A good under eye concealer, anyone? I just need a touch for dark circles. Currently using Maybelline Age Rewind but is a bit cracky/cakey under the eye?
It cosmetics bye bye under eye
I also love the Nars creamy concealer, or the maybelline fit me one for a cheaper alternative

hypoharpy

I used to collect nail polishes, thankfully I am out of the other side now. I used to have 300 plus at one point. I used to hunt down rare shades. I spent part of a trip to New York trying to find a particular limited edition Marc Jacob shade which was not available here. Sad cow. I tried high street polishes, the professional nail companies ones, and expensive designer ones. My verdict at the end of this madness. The best ones are OPI, Maybelline 7 Days (might be called Stay something now, limited shade range though) and Primark for a quid. The Primark are better than the Chanels, Diors, Nails Inc, Butter London etc.

I now have 10 polishes. They are all Primark and Maybelline. I have not polished fingers or toes for 18 months. I don’t miss it.
OPI and Primark are the best nail varnishes IMO.
Others ( I do expensive now and again 😆) are just not up to their standard.

Unagi

Chatty Member
A good under eye concealer, anyone? I just need a touch for dark circles. Currently using Maybelline Age Rewind but is a bit cracky/cakey under the eye?
Tarte shape tape concealer is hands down the best in my opinion and I’ve tried a tonne over the years.

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
You can get a lite version of this too if you want to try but your skin isn’t that dry.The original is very rich and quite dragging on the skin. I use it as a foot cream where it performs miracles.
Yes, its amazing. If you put it on your feet and put some fluffy socks on overnight - my feet are always so smooth and hydrated afterwards. SUCH a great product

Why does maybelline mascara smell so awful
Does it!? I've never noticed...

House of Tea

VIP Member
I am thinking of just a running thread you can dip in and out of, so not just starting a thread for single topics.

I didn’t think I could start a new thread @Woolmercardington - you have, and your member status is the same as mine. How did you do it?

Walnutss

VIP Member
A cheap one if elf hydro
An expensive one is nars it's really brightening if you have really bad dark circles buy a concealer close to ur skin tone use ur finger to pat it in spray with setting spray then go over with your lighter concealer x

Base2019

VIP Member
What is BB cream exactly?
It’s short for beauty balm... it’s very hydrating like a tinted moisturiser but most of them have added things like spfs. They would be better for dry skins whereas the CC creams are for colour correcting, they normally have more coverage and are better suited for oiler skins xxxx

tagliatelle

Has anyone tried the Lacura micellar water? It smells like scented nappy bags, which is obviously not ideal, but it was a pound, so we shall see.

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
i'm very pale with rosacea - nyx sweet cheeks matte blush in taupe works really well as a contour. find it doesn't pull orange if it overlaps with any redness and it's cool enough to add shadow without making me look any greyer!

• Heart

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Laura mercier translucent setting powder, it's the one make up item I won't consider using a cheaper alternative for.
I've never used a translucent setting powder. Someone gave me a pot once that I literally only used one time as it gave my face a weird sheen. I looked really sweaty in photos 😂 What is it that makes the Laura Mercier one so good as I'm interested in starting to use a recommended one.

Reactions: 1

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
It would be good to have a general thread on all thinks beauty related - make up/hair/body products - like a Q & A. That way If you have a quick question, you might get a few quick responses. I want to ask a question about my hair but can’t see where I would put something like that.

I don’t think I can start a thread but might contact admin, unless one of you guys can do it?

It could be called: Beauty Q & A (All things Beauty/Hair/Make up) #1
There have been quite a few hair threads, plus the glow up secret thread, although they have probably slipped down the forum now. I started a thread to just ask a question about foundation for mature skin, so you can just do that if you want.

Reactions: 1