Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
The fenty contour stick (think it’s called match stix lol), but I use it for contour and it is the best thing I’ve used

Reactions: 5

justheretoread99

VIP Member
What Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette would look best with blue eyes? I love browns/taupes/golds. I’m drawn to the pillow talk one but I think I’ll look washed out
Ive got ‘The Dolce Vita’ but pretty sure they’ve re-named it to “Bella Sofia”. Makes my blue eyes pop.
If you’re really fair I’d suggest peachy and light brown/bronze colours.

I don’t know how makeup counters are running at the moment but before Covid Charlotte Tilbury counters did “eye tutorials” where they’d basically do your eye makeup for free but talked you through and showed you every step.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Most colours suit brown but anything with purples and greens will make them pop! I’d recommend:
The Glamour Muse
Fire Rose
Vintage Vamp

On their website there’s an option to take a selfie and “try on” all the shades. I’m having so much fun doing it 😁

View attachment 559257
Right that’s my entertainment sorted for the evening 😂😂 thank you!! I’m gonna go try it and possibly treat myself 🥰♥

• Haha
  • Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
The Dior lip glow is expensive but so so worth it in my opinion. I’ve tried so hard to find a dupe but can’t :(

CherryAcid

VIP Member
My favourite blushers are the Mac ones and I also really like Benefit. Thebalm Mama bronzers along with Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola are the best bronzers I have used.
Eyeshadow wise I use TooFaced chocolate bar and sweet peach palette all the time. I also really like the LA Splash magic palette. You cant beat the Mac eyeshadows either. Anastasia Beverly Hills soft glam is another favourite.
Mascara wise I always go back to Maybelline, I have used more expensive ones(Chanel has some lovely ones) but they arent worth it imo.
My daily foundation is usually a Rimmel match perfection and the Anastasia Beverly Hills stick foundation for a night or if I want more coverage.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I am a firm believer that good skin starts from within, you are what you eat, nothing you apply on top can do much. I still kind of agree with that, but I have had my head turned by Clarins Double Serum.

I bought this after reading about it on Mumsnet. I have sensitive skin which doesn’t react well to a lot of anti ageing products, so I was taking a chance on an expensive product. I bought the smallest size I could, and shopped around to where it was on offer.

The first time I applied it I was not impressed with the texture or aroma, and I got a slight reddening of the skin as a reaction. I decided to apply every other day at night (you can apply morning and evening before moisturiser) to ease myself in, which worked. My skin no longer reacted and I use every night.

I have been using it for about 6 weeks, and my skin (even if I do say so myself) looks amazing.This has happened in the last few weeks. When I get up in the morning my skin looks so even toned and glowy. It is so good that applying my usual tinted moisturiser detracts from how good my skin looks. I am aware that this sounds boasty, and not strictly make up like the title of the thread, but it’s a game changer for me.

It’s expensive but the container is good In the delivery, no waste. You can apply one or two pumps morning and night. I apply one pump evening only, and the bottle will last a long time. It has barely gone down. (One of those crafty double chambered containers that look like you are getting more product than you actually are.) I really recommend this. I wasn’t expecting much, I am never wowed by skincare products, but this has wowed me.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
It's not the product that was the game changer , but the method .

Tight line upper lashes with dark eyeshadow applied with a damp eyeliner brush. Got that tip from Instagram.

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I love Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I HATE the packaging, it’s hard to swirl your brush around evenly.
Cam anyone recommend a nice bronzing powder similar to Hoola. Don’t mind about the price as it always last me ages and will be a treat.

Only saw this after posting myself. Is the Nars Laguna similar to Hoola? Is it matte?
I love the physicians formula butter bronzer, it is LUSH

Quick question ... not strictly make up but wondering if anyone has any suggestions ..... I'm mid/late 50's and looking for a good eye cream to try and minimise the wrinkles.... I was using a Tropic one but not overly impressed..... TIA :)
find a retinol eye cream! inkey list do a nice one 😊

Reactions: 4

Clairer86

VIP Member
Good moisturiser and the right primer for your skin :)

I love foundation and have so many different brands. My favourite full coverage is Estee Lauder Doublewear but that is a bit pricey. My favourite drugstore foundation is Maybeline Urban Dream Cover, its beautiful on my skin.

Also, imo the most important thing to buy is decent makeup brushes. Honestly, that is such a game changer! I use a mix of Zoeva and Smith brushes and you can tell the difference from using real techniques or other cheaper brushes. Decent brushes can be pricey but its an investment well worth paying for.

MinnnieMouse

No way, don’t pay that!! It was like £6 on Amazon!!! The Ordinary does a similar serum if you search for Matrixyl.
I've been using The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% HA along with their Airgireline and I'm really pleased with the results, especially for something so cheap.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Does anyone know where you can get sample sizes of these products? I don't mind spending money on something that works for me but I don't want to pay through the nose for something that ends up not suiting me.
some people sell samples on depop, in small pots of like 5ml, so you can try out the product! That’s the only way I know to get makeup samples, I don’t see brands give them anymore ☹

Octopies

Chatty Member
For me I’ve never found eyeshadows as pigmented and long lasting as Charlotte Tilbury. The eyeshadow quads they do - they’re fab for on the go and they tell you which order to put them on in. They are just fantastic, although quite pricey. I have some that I’ve had for years (yes I know makeup expires but I’m a rebel)

also the Charlotte tilbury cheek to chic blush is amazing. I’ve bought several over the years. They aren’t cheap either but I haven’t found anything that beats them. Also, I had one for 6 months and the blush popped out of the casing, smashing everywhere. 2nd time this has happened to me 😩 I contacted them and they sent me a replacement, no questions asked. Great customer service.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I have @Stepharnie I did not rate any of the bits I got.

The pros, it is exquisitely packaged when it arrives. It comes in a Trinny little padded envelope thing which you can reuse.

I have bought a few of the lip colours (all very drying) and the BFF skin Perfector (meh). It is quite expensive too. I like the concept of little pots, I know some might find them unhygienic though. I recently bought another one of the lip colours because the colour looked lush on the website, but it didn’t look the same when delivered (and like the others) was dry. Other people rave about them though, so I would take a look at the reviews, and maybe buy one thing at a time! I won’t buy anything else from there now.

justheretoread99

VIP Member
Does anyone recommend any Charlotte tilbury palettes for brown eyes? 😊♥
Most colours suit brown but anything with purples and greens will make them pop! I’d recommend:
The Glamour Muse
Fire Rose
Vintage Vamp

On their website there’s an option to take a selfie and “try on” all the shades. I’m having so much fun doing it 😁

C4EBA066-A4AD-4D7C-8356-50575053CB06.jpeg

• Heart

MinnnieMouse

Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesn’t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? I’ve tried so many over the years but can’t find the “one”.
I like to use Mac extended play mascara on the bottom lashes, a lot seem to smudge on me but that one doesn't. If I want natural looking eyelashes I use that on the top too, if I want thicker looking ones I use Clarins supra volume mascara on top (doesn't go flaky). Bit indulgent having two on the go but a girls got to have some vices 😂

BashmentLady

VIP Member

1. Might be able to pay for a sample on eBay. That’s what I do. I have made so many wasteful blind purchases that I try and get a sample these days, even if I have to pay. It has saved me £s.
Now I used to have a borderline ebay addiction so I'm with you here! But one thing to be mindful of is a lot of the makeup/cosmetics being sold is fake. Not all of course, but a lot are fakes, and can cause reactions etc. Though my experience is that I once bought the porefessional on ebay to try it out, and it was brilliant. I then bought the actual porefessional and it was gick. I can only assume the fake was polyfilla 😅

• Haha

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I really like the Collection contour stick. I’ve used it for years since Fleur De Force recommended it.

Make up Revolution conceal and define concealer is my favourite too.

Definitely moisturise and prime.

Clairer86

VIP Member
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define concealer. Only £5 it’s brilliant if you like a fuller coverage.
Do you remember when everyone was raving about this being a tarte shape tape dupe?! I found it worked better on me than the shape tape did! I raved about it to everyone lol

It is quite nice for full coverage, for lighter coverage i swear by the maybeline instant eraser one.

• Heart