Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eyebrow tint

Uk lash eyelash serum... the difference in my lashes is crazyyyyy!! Makes any mascara look good

Reactions: 3
@Base2019 I have looked at this lash stuff before but hesitated over the price. I notice it doesn’t have the traditional wand for lashes. How do you apply, is it easy? Also, how long does it last?

There’s always premium beauty sales on John Lewis, and sometimes direct from Bobbi Brown.
Look
Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched face base. It’s fabulous. It isn’t cheap but loads of ‘influncers’ seem to have a Look Fantastic discount code
Look Fantastic have 20% off this at the moment. Unfortunately the sample size was sold out so had to buy it elsewhere, but if you want a full size one it is reduced. Also ASOS (where I got my sample) have 20% off if you spend 20 quid +.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I looked into them for ages as I really wanted to try one but didn’t want to spend the crazy amounts for revitalash etc, the Uk lash one is far cheaper than any I’ve found and I’ve had great results. I think I got it for £25ish and free delivery, they had a discount code on.

It’s just like a wee liquid eyeliner brush so you just glide it over your top lashes. I don’t do it with a mirror so it’s easy enough You don’t need to dip it twice for both eyes, one dip apparently has enough product for both eyes!

I’ve been using it since before Christmas and no notion of it being empty or near running out yet. Tbh I haven’t been using it religiously every day either and have fab results even at that, which I love! I just put it on when I remember and still does a great job! I have lashes where I’ve never had lashes lol

Reactions: 2
Laura mercier translucent setting powder, it's the one make up item I won't consider using a cheaper alternative for.
I've never used a translucent setting powder. Someone gave me a pot once that I literally only used one time as it gave my face a weird sheen. I looked really sweaty in photos What is it that makes the Laura Mercier one so good as I'm interested in starting to use a recommended one.

Reactions: 1
It’s excellent, very finely milled and no white cast. Basically fool proof.

Reactions: 5
What Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette would look best with blue eyes? I love browns/taupes/golds. I’m drawn to the pillow talk one but I think I’ll look washed out

Try not to use powder or use it sparingley as we older gals cant hack it - makes us look older

Cream products work best on us - I am nearly 50 with dry skin and i use:

foundation: IT Cosmetics CC cream
Concealer: Collection or Make up Revolution Conceal and Hydrate - stay away from the heavy ones like Tarte Shape Tape it will hagger you (been there done it)
Bronzer: Soleil Tan De Chanel (is good but expensive)
Blush: Milk cream blush in werk
Highlighter - Benefit Dandlion Twinkle
Lips - Mac Liner in Whirl and use Too Face Lip injection as a gloss

If i have to use powder I use Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish

Reactions: 6
What Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow palette would look best with blue eyes? I love browns/taupes/golds. I’m drawn to the pillow talk one but I think I’ll look washed out
I have the Bella Sofia one, I have blue eyes too lol I really like it. Can be used for daytime or a nice nighttime look. I really like the one they call the primer on it’s own it’s really good for a nice daytime look on it’s on with some liner! It really opens up my eyes. I find the pillow talk one very pinky on blue eyes, if I’m in any way tired I think those tones emphasise any redness in my eyes so I tend to avoid probably just me tho, sleep is not my strong point

Reactions: 3
Ive got ‘The Dolce Vita’ but pretty sure they’ve re-named it to “Bella Sofia”. Makes my blue eyes pop.
If you’re really fair I’d suggest peachy and light brown/bronze colours.

I don’t know how makeup counters are running at the moment but before Covid Charlotte Tilbury counters did “eye tutorials” where they’d basically do your eye makeup for free but talked you through and showed you every step.

Does anyone recommend any Charlotte tilbury palettes for brown eyes?
Most colours suit brown but anything with purples and greens will make them pop! I’d recommend:
The Glamour Muse
Fire Rose
Vintage Vamp

On their website there’s an option to take a selfie and “try on” all the shades. I’m having so much fun doing it

Reactions: 4
Right that’s my entertainment sorted for the evening thank you!! I’m gonna go try it and possibly treat myself

@justheretoread99 have you tried copper charge and walk of no shame? if so what do you think of them?
I haven’t I’m afraid I’ve blue eyes so think The Walk of No Shame would look a bit off on me but LOVE the look of Copper Charge.
I’ve got Dolce Vita (which looks exact to Bella Sofia) & The Rebel. -Can’t fault either! Super pigmented, especially the shimmer shades.

I prefer copper charge too!! The shades are so gorgeous. I also just saw their new lipsticks and lip tints (blushed rose ), and now my CT wishlist is as long as my arm

Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesn’t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? I’ve tried so many over the years but can’t find the “one”.

Anyone got a recommendation for a great mascara that doesn’t smudge under the eyes throughout the day? I’ve tried so many over the years but can’t find the “one”.
I like to use Mac extended play mascara on the bottom lashes, a lot seem to smudge on me but that one doesn't. If I want natural looking eyelashes I use that on the top too, if I want thicker looking ones I use Clarins supra volume mascara on top (doesn't go flaky). Bit indulgent having two on the go but a girls got to have some vices

Reactions: 4
Stay Perfect, no 7 gold tube. It’s a tubing one, does not budge. Doesn’t give a dramatic look but you can build it up a bit. 2nd choice for me would be Clinique Lash Power.

I have not tried this tip myself, but you can use a normal more dramatic mascara, and lock it in with a tubing one. As I said, not tried this myself, I don’t go in for the full flutter, but I read it somewhere.

And I avoid putting mascara on bottom lashes, not only for the smudging, but it seems to exacerbate my dark circles, and they are a bit too long and spidery.