MAFS Australia season 10 (E4 pace) #13 Bronte's DONE!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think her unavailability is unreasonable as a single mum. Like for early days dating that's a fair amount, plus depending on child's age he could come over in the evening when child is in bed.
I agree, in a real world context. I think from Duncan's perspective, they've lived together and got to know each other on a much more intimate level than casual dating so it's not unreasonable to expect a bit more time together. Plus of you've started like this and lose that momentum, the relationship will fizzle quickly. See Dom and Jack from last season.

Reactions: 18
Imagine you can never have a difficult or serious convo without all this drama!

Poor Duncie must be exhausted!

Reactions: 13
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think her unavailability is unreasonable as a single mum. Like for early days dating that's a fair amount, plus depending on child's age he could come over in the evening when child is in bed.
I think the problem is she told him with 1 week to go instead of week 1 or 2!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I sort of agree but it's her rigid thinking that's off-putting. If you really want to be with someone you'll find a way to be flexible.
Also she sounds as if she's determined to keep him away from her child.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Duncan is too good for this, he’s sweet and kind and he’s very emotionally mature. Everything she isn’t.

Reactions: 19
In all of this, I feel sorry for Alyssa's child. Imagine having her as a mother-in-law. No one will ever be good enough for her chald, she'll be knocking on the door all the bleeping time because she's lonely.
Pissed on red wine with a big red nose!

Reactions: 6
Thanks for the laughs tonight 😘 I’m off to wash my hair and crawl into my depression pit bed

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Melinda and Layton 😢

I think they genuinely like each other but can’t stop butting heads

• Heart
  • Sad
Duncan is too good for this, he’s sweet and kind and he’s very emotionally mature. Everything she isn’t.
She's really fucked up and she's going to lose him I think. I hope she does and learns something from it. You can only push people so far, even the really nice, placid ones!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Then why sign up for an ixperiment to marry a stranger in hopes that you are still 'married' on the outside? Surely she's done things the wrong way around then, maybe be available every other weekend and build up, she went on for fame, nothing else.

I think the way Bronte's sister downed that whole cocktail is pure class. I'm ready for her to destroy Harrison.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
he will be feeling guilt because this is how she’s played it all along. She had to make it in to a big deal for them just to be ‘intimate’. Gaslighting catch 22, he can see her games but he’s equally a decent bloke who has been made to feel like he has to be grateful for her. When she’s given any type of affection in return it’s taken to mean so much more than it usually would be in a healthy relationship. My ex was the male Alyssa in terms of gaslighting (I had my own child but he was a sole parent of 3 and did all of this with me, on his terms etc) combined with Harrison’s narcissism (stuff he says to control/manipulate/twist scenarios). Needless to say I’ll be single forever after that, still working through it but see so much of it. I can’t stand Brontë, but even very recently I have been justifying my ex relationship with ‘when it was good it was really good, when it was bad it was horrible’ like she said last night which was another wake up call for me 💔
Sounds like you made a good choice to leave, I've seen some of that before too in people. Narcs leave you powerless ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.