Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have such a soft spot for Dear Jessie. I think I just really liked the video, I was only 5 when it come out!
More up to date stuff, absolutely love Power of Goodbye and What It Feels Like For A Girl
"Pink elephants and lemonade" 🎶🎶🎶

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is in my top 5 Madonna songs. The whole Music album is amazing, so upbeat but emotional too.

I adore ’What it feels like for a girl’, also in my top 5, sometimes my fav track of hers, that changes with my moods 😁 I‘d been a Madonna fan since I was a little girl, loved her I did, this track came out when I was 24, really struggling at times with what is was to be a girl, Madonna so spoke to me hearing this track, her lyrics really expressed what it was to be a girl, the double standards inflicted by society and how we are often considered inferior, especially in the work place.

Strong inside but you don't know it
Good little girls, they never show it
When you open up your mouth to speak could you be a little weak?
Do you know what it feels like for a girl?
Do you know what it feels like in this world for a girl?

She actually said this about the track…

Madonna reflected on how her generation of women had been encouraged to be independent, be educated and take over any opportunity life bestowed upon them. But she had realized that being a smart and accomplished woman can come across as threat to men, thereby making them a casualty. Madonna questioned, "Why didn't somebody tell me? Why didn't somebody warn me?' And that's also what that song is about—swallowing that bitter pill... It was a combination of that, and also just feeling incredibly vulnerable that inspired the song.

I couldn’t have loved her more at this time, this is the Madonna I like to remember, and like many of you have said I’m so sad to see what she has become over recent years, but I think we all knew Madonna was never going to age gracefully, just ain’t her way, and yes the pressure to look young in the pop world was always there on her shoulder. I so hope she doesn‘t do the tour, I don’t think she is capable of touring such a gruelling schedule anymore without serious consequence to her health, I do fear it will take her as that tour Michael Jackson was about to do took him, but can see her attempting it once she recovers from whatever happened to her. Don’t do it material girl, even though you lost me rather over the years, I ain’t ready for you to depart yet, I still have love for her from all those days when she was really something very special.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This may elicit some eye rolls but I think Madonna has some similarities to Bowie - changing image constantly, sometimes embracing concepts for each album. Maybe not trying different music styles to the same degree (such as Bowie's "plastic soul" or more maligned "drum and bass" periods!) but there really is a Madonna song or era for everyone. I think the same way about David's back catalogue and ever-changing styles. To stay relevant or interesting you have to keep moving.

I think she's lost the plot a bit musically, though. Last album I listened to was Hard Candy and I couldn't get into that at all (have a few Madonna CDs and downloads in my collection).

It really will be a huge loss if anything happens to her - I didn't envisage this being the person she is now in her 60s. You have to respect your body when it tells you something is wrong - and you can't mess around too much with Mother Nature.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Madonna is definitely a chameleon like Bowie was. I think in their personal lives Bowie was abit more down to earth though, his daughter has uploaded some adorable videos of the two of them together, he seems like a stay at home dad having fun with his girl.
Plus he listened to his body I remember him having a heart attack and he retired from touring.

Reactions: 13
I’ve been lurking but reading all this is making me worried about life with no Madonna! My catchphrase has always been ‘what would Madonna do?’ When facing a sticky situation, not that I’d dare do anything Madonna does but still!
my favourite song is Take a Bow and You’ll See, she is divine in both of these

these are both my fave too! She’s had some amazing songs! A true icon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There are many happy memories of Madonna in the 80s for me. Loved her. Can remember my friend and I running in to see the latest video - think it was True Blue. On the subject of True Blue, my other friend and I used to go to our local record shop every week and ask the good-looking male assistant if he'd play True Blue and to his credit he always did, eventually putting it on as soon as he'd see us, without us having to ask. God we must have been such annoying 12 year olds lol. I liked almost everything Madonna released up until 1990, and then I found her later music not always to my taste, but I understand people reinvent themselves and she was probably trying to still appeal to younger people and my tastes were and are old fashioned. It's all gone rather quiet on the news front regarding her, over the last 2 or 3 days. Hopefully she will make a full recovery and if it was indeed an overdose, finally go to rehab. There are gossip items going back at least 3 years regarding her drug use. It's sad to see her decline, whatever the reason, because she was and still could be, such a force to be reckoned with.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m not a huge fan as it isn’t really my type of music, but I remember thinking during the Guy Ritchie years that he was an hole who got lucky. In pics he always seemed to be grasping her arm, in a controlling rather than loving way. He also made a comment afterwards about how he was glad they married and he made money, can’t remember the exact wording. She has been so successful and so rich for so long that there are very few ‘real’ people around her. It must be weird being surrounded by people who tell you what they want you to hear and won’t challenge you. I imagine it’s deeply lonely too, perhaps that explains the multiple adoptions?

Reactions: 15
The way this headline reads, I thought there had been a further development and the worst had happened (It hasn't thankfully, well not that we know of anyway). They should hold off writing obituary-style articles, surely. Quite disrespectful even though the article does say nice things. https://news.sky.com/story/madonna-...era-and-set-the-bar-for-female-stars-12913048
This is what I mean when I say the press are vultures.

On a lighter note, here’s another gem from Music. I remember crying my eyes out over this because I’d just had my heart broken, but then the rest of the album picked me up again!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Been a fan for nearly 40 years! Love all her early stuff, dancing and all the transformations. Haven't liked much from the past 10 years and just feels like she's trying too hard/trying to distance herself from her pop persona.
I have tickets for the London show, thought it was a great idea to do a greatest hits tour, did wonder if she would manage it.
Hope she's looking after herself and gets better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Still love this collab with Pharrell and Kanye (2019). Superb!!!! 💗💗💗💗

---
Live Aid (1985) Into The Groove! 😍

---
And another beautiful, iconic song. This time for Sean Penn's film at the time - At Close Range. I still believe he will always be the love of her life. She is so beautiful here! 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This may elicit some eye rolls but I think Madonna has some similarities to Bowie - changing image constantly, sometimes embracing concepts for each album. Maybe not trying different music styles to the same degree (such as Bowie's "plastic soul" or more maligned "drum and bass" periods!) but there really is a Madonna song or era for everyone. I think the same way about David's back catalogue and ever-changing styles. To stay relevant or interesting you have to keep moving.

I think she's lost the plot a bit musically, though. Last album I listened to was Hard Candy and I couldn't get into that at all (have a few Madonna CDs and downloads in my collection).

It really will be a huge loss if anything happens to her - I didn't envisage this being the person she is now in her 60s. You have to respect your body when it tells you something is wrong - and you can't mess around too much with Mother Nature.
Totally agree with this. She does experiment and each era looks (and to a degree sounds) different to the last. I never really thought about what she would be at this age but it’s a shame to see how she is now compared to at her peak.

Hard Candy had some good songs, but when I went to see the Sticky and Sweet tour that brought the album to life for me. Everything after that has been quite patchy IMO, and chasing trends rather than leading them. Although having said that, Madame X (her most recent) is a very good album and probably her most experimental since American Life. I hated it at first, but it’s a grower and definitely worth exploring if you haven’t already.

As we suspected, Narcan was used...
Naloxone
Medication

Description
Naloxone, sold under the brand name Narcan among others, is a medication used to reverse or reduce the effects of opioids. It is used to counter decreased breathing in opioid overdose. Effects begin within two minutes when given intravenously, and within five minutes when injected into a muscle. Wikipedia

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13

As we suspected, Narcan was used...
So do you think that’s why they said it was a bacterial infection, so if this came out, they could say it was being used for septic shock?

Reactions: 8
It just doesn’t make any sense - I’m assuming the ‘story’ is that nobody knew she had a life-threatening bacterial infection until they got her to hospital… so why on earth would they use Narcan on her when they found her? It’s 100% an overdose. Hope this is a big wake up call for her, she’ll be mortified (as well as sounding very ill).

Reactions: 20
She's probably in rehab. That's why no update on tour. Those blinds I read a while ago said this has happened before and it's only a matter of time before she dies.
It must have been a very close call which is why they went with bacterial infection, it's abit like treatment for exhaustion, translated means been on a bender of cocaine for months and havent slept!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The way this headline reads, I thought there had been a further development and the worst had happened (It hasn't thankfully, well not that we know of anyway). They should hold off writing obituary-style articles, surely. Quite disrespectful even though the article does say nice things. https://news.sky.com/story/madonna-...era-and-set-the-bar-for-female-stars-12913048
Major news outlets have catalogues of templates ready to publish when various celebrities die, featuring a bunch of accolades, career highlights, controversies etc, and when the person dies they just go in and update the cause of death and hit publish.
Sky probably jumped the gun with a teaser to try and get in there first.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.