Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Annie Lennox has aged well. She doesn't appear to have done too much to her face but I suppose she's not so much in the public eye.

Reactions: 18
I listened to Ray of Light last night, and the whole album is just a work of genius. For me, that's when she was at her professional best.

The power of goodbye is probably one of my favourite ever songs.

Madonna has been the soundtrack to most of my life. An Icon of a true kind and has never ever been labelled/put into a box. I love that about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Yes!! It’s so dreamy, I love it so much.

From the same era, Jump. This is what I mean when I say she’s given us so much. When this song came out, a friend of mine, who’s not a Madonna fan at all, loved it, and the line “there’s only so much you can learn in one place” really helped her make a big descision.

HOW had I forgotten about this song??! Thank you for reminding me :) It was released when I was going through a horrible break-up with my first husband and it got me through a lot of tough moments.

If I could only ever listen to one Madonna song again though, it would have to be this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
People have been criticising her age for so long. I remember Smash Hits magazine had a feature on the Girlie Show tour, and it said things like “calm down grandma!”, and she was only in her 30s then.

Edited to add. Found it.

View attachment 2277303
Yes, but that was Smash Hits. EVERYONE was a target, in a jokey way: don't forget Sir Billiam Idol and Fab Macca Wacky Thumbs Aloft (aka Paul McCartney). God, I miss it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve been lurking but reading all this is making me worried about life with no Madonna! My catchphrase has always been ‘what would Madonna do?’ When facing a sticky situation, not that I’d dare do anything Madonna does but still!
my favourite song is Take a Bow and You’ll See, she is divine in both of these

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I loved the woman throughout my childhood, into my teens and into adulthood. Like a Prayer is my karaoke song! Now it makes me sad to see what she has become she didn't need to go down the route she has, she was stunning in her early fifties. She is an icon and I will always love her music.

Here are a few of my utter faves.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
HOW had I forgotten about this song??! Thank you for reminding me :) It was released when I was going through a horrible break-up with my first husband and it got me through a lot of tough moments.

If I could only ever listen to one Madonna song again though, it would have to be this one.

I can do the full choreography to this from Blond Ambition - it’s my party piece 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Totally forgot how many of Maddona's songs I love, going to go through my spotify and treat my family to some singing (badly).

Love this one too, needs to be played loudly.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's me, hi!

Felt I should make my way over here after utilising many stills from evita on the jack threads

My fave has probs been mentioned loads, but.... duck me, isn't it great?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m loving this thread, I’ve found her so cringe and uncomfortable these last few years, it’s so nice to remember that when she was good, she was bloody excellent! there was nobody in her league in the 90s and early 2000s!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This is in my top 5 Madonna songs. The whole Music album is amazing, so upbeat but emotional too.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi! Sorry if this Madonna song has been posted, but I love This used to be my playground

• Heart
I’ve been lurking but reading all this is making me worried about life with no Madonna! My catchphrase has always been ‘what would Madonna do?’ When facing a sticky situation, not that I’d dare do anything Madonna does but still!
my favourite song is Take a Bow and You’ll See, she is divine in both of these

Take A Bow is an absolutely gorgeous song.

Anyone remember the Dick Tracy soundtrack she did? I wore that tape the duck out!!! Knew every word to every song.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anyone remember Madonna during the Guy Ritchie stage, writing a children's book & reading it to groups of kids in bookshops/ libraries? Rose something. She was embracing living here, wearing lovely dresses, was very feminine. She'd go to the local pub with Guy. They both seemed so happy.

Reactions: 15
Anyone remember Madonna during the Guy Ritchie stage, writing a children's book & reading it to groups of kids in bookshops/ libraries? Rose something. She was embracing living here, wearing lovely dresses, was very feminine. She'd go to the local pub with Guy. They both seemed so happy.
Yes I remember. Was very odd. She was speaking with a posh British accent too

• Haha
I have such a soft spot for Dear Jessie. I think I just really liked the video, I was only 5 when it come out!
More up to date stuff, absolutely love Power of Goodbye and What It Feels Like For A Girl

• Heart
Reactions: 10

...one of my faves...I wanted to be her as a teen...got my first perm after seeing Desperately Seeking Susan lol...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.