Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who the frig asked how old the house was? She's only mentioned it's Georgian-ness about 8 million times.

Reactions: 3
Someone please tell her it’s a fake Georgian house lol I need some entertainment 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
“This video is sponsored my skillshare, but more about that later”. Is it just me who finds this really disrespectful? Then when she does talk about it, it comes so abruptly, sounds so scripted and really rubbed me up the wrong way! I really feel she’s lost passion for what she’s doing and takes of it for granted.

I compare it to someone like katnipp (Catherine Kay?), who has been sponsored by Skillshare many times but still starts each time saying “this video is very kindly sponsored my skillshare” and sounds really genuine in her commentary. She also ties it in to her video and makes sure it fits.

Reactions: 4
Skill share are one of those companies that sponsor anyone, even those that clearly don't use it.

Reactions: 9
I couldn't finish the Q&A, it was so boring and poorly edited?!?!? I really don't want to watch her stupid skincare routine. I'm not adverse to grwm chatty video but she just lacks the charisma to do one well.

PLEASE someone tell her that her house is a fake Gucci belt 🤣

I couldn't finish the Q&A, it was so boring and poorly edited?!?!? I really don't want to watch her stupid skincare routine. I'm not adverse to grwm chatty video but she just lacks the charisma to do one well.

PLEASE someone tell her that her house is a fake Gucci belt 🤣
I unsubbed, is it called "Skincare Routine IN MY NEW GEORGIAN HOUSE"?

• Haha
I watched the Q+A at 1.5 speed, it’s the only way to get through. I persevered thinking she might share something new or interesting but it was dull and repetitive from precious vlogs. Oh your house is Georgian? Your favourite room is the kitchen? Brand new information!

Reactions: 13
I watched the QA and I honestly think she just made those questions up for bragging purposes - who would even ask someone how many rooms their house has? And we know how much she loves to remind us that her house is Georgian!

Reactions: 12
I watched the QA and I honestly think she just made those questions up for bragging purposes - who would even ask someone how many rooms their house has? And we know how much she loves to remind us that her house is Georgian!
Tbf I wasn't the one to ask, but I can see why people might be curious after she hid the utility room in the previous house 👀

Reactions: 2
I wonder if the term 'Georgian' usually refers to a style of house, whereas MO's house was possibly built in that period of time but is not the traditional style we associate with that era ?

Reactions: 6
I wonder if the term 'Georgian' usually refers to a style of house, whereas MO's house was possibly built in that period of time but is not the traditional style we associate with that era ?
This was my thinking too, and I'm originally from a city which is mostly Georgian architecture. I assumed you might call a house "Georgian" simply if it was built in that time period even without the exact architectural style. I think she'd only have a "fake" house if it was built after the period but in the imitation style. I do agree that the fact she brings it up ALL THE TIME means she's trying to emphasise something nobody cares about, though.

Well that was dull. I'm so sick of influencers whining on about 'self-care' ad nauseam. I'm sure there are thousands of people who would love to be able to even afford to pay for therapy, let alone pop into a gallery to buy a piece of pottery before returning to their 'Georgian' house to spend hours on their skincare. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Self care obviously means different things to different people but for most of us it's carrying out basic tasks, like having a wash, making healthy meals even when we're tired, taking our medication, having an early night, taking a ten minute break from work, being on a year long waiting list for mental health services if we need it...

Influencers seem to like filming a 'self care day' which is completely unrelatable for most people and also a bit boring. I skipped through on double speed but watching rich people preach about self care while they have privilege and access to things most people don't is just getting boring now. We'd all LOVE to have regular therapy but that isn't possible for everyone and I don't need to be 'reminded by someone on YouTube that therapy is a great tool. WE KNOW.

'Selling you protein under the guise of self care in my Georgian Home'

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hmm maybe I missed it? But I don't recall seeing the back bit of the house behind the kitchen until she was doing a prior to moving tour.
Correct me if I'm wrong but when they first moved in and done a tour I swear they showed the back bit with the utility and bathroom. I remember her saying about that part being really old?

Apologies if I’ve missed something, where did the unsustainable queen go from the title? 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.