Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Secret room tour outside my Georgian house' is now live (I joke).

All the 'secrets' 'surprises!' and 'reveals' are gross. No one is that invested. It's cool for them and good on them for buying a house they love but it just feels tacky and weird. Fed up with hearing about the Wisteria as well. Not sure if I've missed something but why do they need another desk!?

Reactions: 16

All the 'secrets' 'surprises!' and 'reveals' are gross. No one is that invested. It's cool for them and good on them for buying a house they love but it just feels tacky and weird. Fed up with hearing about the Wisteria as well. Not sure if I've missed something but why do they need another desk!?
They’ll be spiders galore coming in with all that Wisteria - no thanks!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

I also thought the title of the video was kind of gross. Humble bragging is the worst and like you said, no one cares as much as they do, why try to force it. I have zero interest in a video that is just a person showing off.

Reactions: 11
I also thought the title of the video was kind of gross. Humble bragging is the worst and like you said, no one cares as much as they do, why try to force it. I have zero interest in a video that is just a person showing off.

Could you imagine how much backlash bigger, richer (and worse) YouTubers like Jeffree star would get if they did multiple house tours showing off their wealth?

It's the same for you, Maddie dear. You're wealthier than the majority of your audience, and it's tasteless to keep showing it off, especially considering you clearly CAME INTO MONEY. It certainly didn't come from hard graft

Reactions: 13
I just unsubscribed on YT and unfollowed on Instagram, which is sad as I was genuinely really supportive of her but the videos just turned unbearable so quickly.

Reactions: 14
That thumbnail of her looking incredibly smug and pleased with herself in front of a pile of boxes keeps showing up in my recommends despite me unsubscribing...I particularly hate the “we’ve been keeping a secret” title.

Reactions: 9
In the new video, quite near the start, saying people didn't know where the office was then she's wagging her finger and said 'little did you know'. Bugger off you smug .....

Its also seemed like there were a lot of ads in this video.

Reactions: 11
The more I see of that house the more I dislike it. Sure the kitchen and dining room are nice, but the poky living room and general lack of space on the ground floor make it feel really awkward. There's just no space and certainly not much room for kids to play indoors particularly in bad weather/winter. Sure the garden looks nice and will be amazing in summer, but personally I'd much prefer to have a decent size family/living area downstairs. I'd also rather have an office space incorporated into the house.

Reactions: 15

the need another desk probably because of the people that work for her, she’s mentioned. Not just one person but people 🙄
That’s also why she likes it’s separate from the house, because she has employees.

Reactions: 4
the need another desk probably because of the people that work for her, she’s mentioned. Not just one person but people 🙄
That’s also why she likes it’s separate from the house, because she has employees.
Oh man, imagine working for her? I feel like she'd be the kind of boss that would calculate your pay down to the minute so as to not give you a penny more than you've worked.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh man, imagine working for her? I feel like she'd be the kind of boss that would calculate your pay down to the minute so as to not give you a penny more than you've worked.
wtf are they all doing? Doesn’t her boyfriend work for her too?

Reactions: 6
wtf are they all doing? Doesn’t her boyfriend work for her too?
I thought it was Alex and occasionally someone else to take photos..... which still feels a bit excessive. How do they justify having more than that!? The other people must just be working a few hours here and there, surely!?

Reactions: 6
I agree with the sentiment that the smugness has increased, especially this past year. I can’t watch any of the new house tour videos. Having a nice house isn’t what rubs me up the wrong way, it’s her tone and words, she’s smug.

I don't understand how she needs someone to work for her either. She holds a camera to her face and films.... her boyfriend or herself edits. Surely as a 'creator' you take your own photos and write your own blog posts. What's the point otherwise? unless you're lazy like ' zoella'.

Baffled. Are emails perhaps too much for her??

Reactions: 8
The tone deafness is actually amazing. Not sure if anyone follows Me & Orla, but she’s also spouting about how hard it’s been for her to buy a holiday home in France. 🙄

Ladies, people are dying. Others have lost livelihoods, food bank usage is at an all time high, the economy is in tatters.

• Wow
The tone deafness is actually amazing. Not sure if anyone follows Me & Orla, but she’s also spouting about how hard it’s been for her to buy a holiday home in France. 🙄

Ladies, people are dying. Others have lost livelihoods, food bank usage is at an all time high, the economy is in tatters.

And yet whenever these influencers are called out on such behaviour, influencers are quick to call these people “jealous”. No these people are just decent human beings who want these influencers to consider how they are going to come across especially during a time of such hardship for many. This includes many of their subscribers who in turn are giving them an income.

Influencers including Maddie act like they are relatable to the masses but when you see them being so tone deaf that’s when you see that they aren’t as down to earth as they claim to be.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.