Madeleine Olivia

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she mentioned wanting kids before? I just find it so ridiculous when youtubers set up their houses with multiple spare/guest bedrooms. Take Zanna for example though hers is much more extreme. Who is staying in all these spare bedrooms? Fair enough if you are eventually having families but to full kit out multiple spare bedrooms with lovely design seems really wasteful.

I liked the kitchen and garden but everything else felt so cramped. If I had a hole in the bathroom floor lmao it would be the first thing I got fixed but she’s too busy with aesthetics.

Also are they just going to be engaged indefinitely? I haven’t heard her mention their wedding once since they got engaged.
I think she may have mentioned wanting kids before. I also think it's odd when people get huge houses but have no kids. My husband and I recently bought our second home - 2 beds, kitchen/breakfast room, living/dining room, 1.5 bath and a garage we are going to convert into my work space. We could have spent 40k more and got a bigger house, but we're not having kids, so would there be much point in spending £150/200 more a month on our mortgage? I don't think so.

did you see when she was talking about her “industrial” bed side tables that they were gifted and then she was going to SELL them on her Instagram to one of her followers?

one of the most grim things that influencers do is sell on stuff they got for free. Do you really need the money that bad or could you give them away to someone in need or doesn’t have enough for nice stuff?!
That's completely f'd up! I think it happens all the time though, I saw an insta influencer posting gifted items to fb marketplace last year.

We get it. You've moved house. You don't need to take EVERY opportunity to brag.
JESUS WEPT. Tempted to comment telling her about my favourite room in MY house. Or saying something like "I love the living room, but it's too small for me, I'd definitely need a second living room..."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
did you see when she was talking about her “industrial” bed side tables that they were gifted and then she was going to SELL them on her Instagram to one of her followers?

one of the most grim things that influencers do is sell on stuff they got for free. Do you really need the money that bad or could you give them away to someone in need or doesn’t have enough for nice stuff?!
I came here to say this!!
I’m actually baffled at how much she’s selling. I’m all for changing your ‘aesthetic’, but when you’re promoting yourself and built a brand as sustainable and minimalist, it doesn’t exactly sit right.

Reactions: 14
Does anyone know why the books in the shelf in the lounge all have their spines to the wall? Is it so they fit into her dreary beige/grey 'natural' aesthetic? If that's the case it's incredibly lame and pretentious.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone know why the books in the shelf in the lounge all have their spines to the wall? Is it so they fit into her dreary beige/grey 'natural' aesthetic? If that's the case it's incredibly lame and pretentious.
A lot of people (influencers) seem to turn them in after they’ve read them 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
It's a good way for your books to get damaged as well.... which is why books have covers, who knew! I always wonder how anyone locates specific books if they can't see the spines. I love being able to see all my books, they add chatacter to the room!

Reactions: 17
The Anna Edit copped so much flack for turning her books that way but no one has mentioned it that I’ve seen on Madeleine’s YT. It’s the most cringe thing ever and just shows you care about empty aesthetics than substance.

Reactions: 12
Kate La Vie and Megan Ellaby do it too, maybe they were fibbing that they’d read them then. Personally, I agree, it looks tit and I really don’t understand how orwhy it’s a thing.

Reactions: 6
So glad I found this thread! I used to love Madeleine, but she’s become so far removed from what she used to be. As soon as she released the house video, I had a feeling I knew where it was going. She’s just constantly moaning whilst also not acknowledging she’s extremely privileged, it’s just tasteless

So glad I found this thread! I used to love Madeleine, but she’s become so far removed from what she used to be. As soon as she released the house video, I had a feeling I knew where it was going. She’s just constantly moaning whilst also not acknowledging she’s extremely privileged, it’s just tasteless
I’m exactly the same. I was so happy for her and Alex when they got engaged. But now I feel like either she’s changed completely or the former Maddie was just an assumed persona that she’s dropped now.

Reactions: 11
Her content is so sporadic. She must not have to worry about her income and making those mortgage and renovation payments. Lucky lady.

Reactions: 9
I’ve unsubbed, yet another privileged princess who has steered away so far from their original content because they can now make money/content from selling out. CYA 👋

• Heart
Reactions: 21
37 minute video answering questions about the house she has already mentioned. Yawn. Any excuse for an ad.

Reactions: 7
Haven’t watched her videos in years and unsubscribed a long time ago because I genuinely found her SO irritating. had a quick look today and god shes not changed at all 😂 constant complaining about her mental health and sounding on the verge of tears, most dull personality and so bloody sheltered from actual problems (nothing to do with her ‘privilege‘, more to do with her being so dramatic and crying over the smallest things). Alex completely strikes me as the type to laugh at his own jokes when no one else even realises it was supposed to be funny.

37 minute video answering questions about the house she has already mentioned. Yawn. Any excuse for an ad.
Literally so boring. It just makes me rage that she's been bragging non-stop about her massive new house when we've been in a pandemic - people have lost their jobs, members of their families, nurses have been worked to the bone and put at risk every day they go to work and get paid duck all, then there's asbolute narcissistics like Madeleine, who do barely anything and get paid lots.

Ok, so I just watched her house tour and, I'm shocked to say, I don't like her house! I feel so much better XD

I'm a practical person, and I was shocked at how little storage space there is - very small bedrooms with barely any additional room for a closet (if they had guests, their guests would have to live out of their suitcases), and there aren't even drawers or plugs for guests to use.

The house is just a guest house. There's no personality that makes it a home - I struggle to see how they'd make this into a family home with kids and toys because there's no room in those bedrooms for any storage!

I'm glad I didn't waste my money on that home haha. The Garden and kitchen are gorgeous - everything else is a major let down.
I have to agree -the living room is tiny and although she keeps referring to it as Georgian, it has no Georgian proportions at all .

Reactions: 6
Don't tell her or she'll have to sell it and buy a new house
Yeah Georgian houses usually have a living room AND a drawing-room. :ROFLMAO:
When she realises that she's got a knock-off imitation Georgian house with cubbie hole for a living room she'll lose her tit.

• Haha
The thumbnail on that latest vid is making me irrationally angry and YouTube won't stop showing it to me 🥴 (PMT)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah Georgian houses usually have a living room AND a drawing-room. :ROFLMAO:
When she realises that she's got a knock-off imitation Georgian house with cubbie hole for a living room she'll lose her tit.
Then what would she put in the title of EVERY SINGLE VIDEO? 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣 God forbid she should have to go common and just call it her home and not her Georgian home 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.