Madeleine Olivia #3 Complaining about commoners while gazing at myself in my Georgian Period Home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait. So she wont buy coconut milk incase they use monkeys to pick them. But will eat a burger cooked on the same grill as a meat one.
Make it make sense
Was she paid by whatever burger company that was? That would solve that mystery.

PETA have a list of companies that don't use monkeys to pick the coconuts, you'd think she'd check.

Reactions: 1
I agree, I totally support veganism for its benefits to animals and anti-cruelty stance which is very noble to me. Is it healthy? That's questionable. And it seems like there's a

She's deeply insecure
it's not questionable, a plant-based diet is healthy for all ages of life. it's when people start doing weird diets like raw til 4 and restricting carbs or eating too many overly processed foods that it becomes a problem. that's why so many people think veganism is bad because all they see is the extreme diets. either people eating only raw food or people only eating processed junk. maddie swings between the two so obviously not a great decision and it shows. but a plant-based diet is perfectly fine. I'm not vegan but I try to eat plant-based meals as often as I can. it's all the restricting and faux science that these influencers fling around that I find more damaging than promoting veganism.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So their septic tank and sewerage system needs completely replacing... 💩

These two seem to have such an endless stream of money ripping up a lovely wild flower area to put a concrete BBQ patio in, it's really hard to feel sorry for them.
I wonder if tearing up the patio caused the damage in the first place? Either way, Maddie's not gonna like going in a portaloo 🤣

Again, bravo to the previous seller for offloading such a nightmare of a house!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So their septic tank and sewerage system needs completely replacing... 💩

These two seem to have such an endless stream of money ripping up a lovely wild flower area to put a concrete BBQ patio in, it's really hard to feel sorry for them.
I wonder if tearing up the patio caused the damage in the first place? Either way, Maddie's not gonna like going in a portaloo 🤣

Again, bravo to the previous seller for offloading such a nightmare of a house!
it seems like the place is a real money pit!

Reactions: 7
it's not questionable, a plant-based diet is healthy for all ages of life. it's when people start doing weird diets like raw til 4 and restricting carbs or eating too many overly processed foods that it becomes a problem. that's why so many people think veganism is bad because all they see is the extreme diets. either people eating only raw food or people only eating processed junk. maddie swings between the two so obviously not a great decision and it shows. but a plant-based diet is perfectly fine. I'm not vegan but I try to eat plant-based meals as often as I can. it's all the restricting and faux science that these influencers fling around that I find more damaging than promoting veganism.
Of course its questionable. Its not an absolute. There is plenty of discussion around this. A total vegan diet and lifestyle in its self is extreme. Having vegan meals a few times a week is a good idea, but totally restricting all animal products isn't a great idea. The fact that there are popular vegan alternative for eggs, bacon, yoghurt etc shows there is a demand for it, and these foods are highly processed and often contain no nutritional value. There is much advice to not give plant based milk to children, as, again, they contain nothing nutritional.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Of course its questionable. Its not an absolute. There is plenty of discussion around this. A total vegan diet and lifestyle in its self is extreme. Having vegan meals a few times a week is a good idea, but totally restricting all animal products isn't a great idea. The fact that there are popular vegan alternative for eggs, bacon, yoghurt etc shows there is a demand for it, and these foods are highly processed and often contain no nutritional value. There is much advice to not give plant based milk to children, as, again, they contain nothing nutritional.
No, it's not debatable. The NHS and BDA(as well as the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.and other bodies) literally say a plant-based diet is safe and healthy for all stages of life.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Im completely plant based, for my health initially. A healthy vegan diet is perfectly fine, a junk food vegan diet is not (for health). The only supplement needed is B12 as animals are injected with that. You get calcium the same way cows do, leafy greens and you get protein the same way, virtually all plant based foods contain protein. You may think its extreme, but so is stripping a vein from your leg to put in your heart, I know which I would rather do.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Non plant based diets are often just as unhealthy as a 'vegan junk food' diet. I'm not sure why so many people assume vegans/ people eating plant based just live off processed food and Greggs sausage rolls. It's possible to be plant based and healthy, it's also possible to be plant based and very unhealthy. Same with most other 'diets' for want of a better word.

Reactions: 22
Non plant based diets are often just as unhealthy as a 'vegan junk food' diet. I'm not sure why so many people assume vegans/ people eating plant based just live off processed food and Greggs sausage rolls. It's possible to be plant based and healthy, it's also possible to be plant based and very unhealthy. Same with most other 'diets' for want of a better word.
👏 This. I think Maddie is a good example of being vegan but replacing animal products with highly processed and high sugared foods.
Getting enough protein/vitamins ect is not impossible on a vegan diet, but it definitely requires hard work to get enough nutrition everyday (this is me and my family's personal experience, not hating on anyone's food choices, it's not a one size fits all 😊).

Reactions: 5
As I said, this is from my personal experience of being a veggie/ vegan for 15 years. Just because you don't share the same opinion as someone, doesn't make it invalid.
You personally finding veganism difficult isn't the same thing as saying "being healthy on a plant-based diet is really difficult"
/Unhealthy." What you were saying goes against health officials and spreads misinformation about the diet, which is why I responded the way I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can’t we all just laugh at Maddie’s septic tank and get along 🥲
Good idea! ❤ I'm going to take a little break from this thread though as I feel a bit anxious about saying anything anti-vegan and I'm not willing to argue with strangers on an internet forum x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She really thinks she’s used colour and pattern in the living room 🥴 hun you’ve teamed pastel green with a beige accent. A terracotta cushion does not a colour pop make.

Wish she’d stop calling decorating ‘renovating’. She isn’t changing the bones of the place.

I’ve just bought a new build. When my sofa finally arrives my reno will be complete x

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The weird obsession with buying and decanting food into containers is everywhere. It's capitalism and consumerism on steroids, excessive consumption for the sake of it. Food comes in containers and doesn't usually need decanting into another more aesthetically pleasing container, especially not if you are storing it in a cupboard! In the 80s my mum used to shop in a place called weigh and save, it sold lots of things that were stored in large bins such as barley, lentils, flour, muesli and dried peas and beans. You weighed out what you wanted into a paper bag, brought them home and decanted them, usually into an old ice cream tub or coffee jar or even a few specially bought storage jars. This is understandable as you can't easily store food in paper bags but the current obsession is just over the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s depressing that so many bulk shops are having to close - if only influencers like Madeleine properly championed them, not used them for virtue signalling / token efforts for content

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It’s depressing that so many bulk shops are having to close - if only influencers like Madeleine properly championed them, not used them for virtue signalling / token efforts for content

I think the main reason they have failed is they were marketed badly and overpriced. Aimed at hipsters who live in town centres who might easily be able to take containers to the shops with them, when they should have been aimed at working families, given reusable bags and the products a bit cheaper. My local M&S have a section but nobody uses it because it is considerably more expensive for the same items they sell in bags and packets on the shelves. Not many people will pay more for a more inconvenient way of shopping. We have a local health food shop in town and they overcharge for the products and charge you for bags to put the food into, obviously you can take your own containers but for me shopping on my way home from work, I'm not likely to bring bags or tubs into town with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

My local one closed recently and I’m so sad. It was a fab little shop and was not really more expensive than the supermarket. In fact spices were a lot cheaper.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.