Madeleine Olivia #3 Complaining about commoners while gazing at myself in my Georgian Period Home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Buying more antique books just because she likes how the spines look on the shelves. lucky Alex is allowed to get one he actually wants to read. Hope it fits the aesthetic of the room..... I find it so odd, they could get some nice house plants or display some photos if trinkets aren't their thing. Or just wait until you obtain books you want to read!? Everything seems to be stuff that's been randomly bought from the same antique shop over the last year, nothing is personal. My house isn't perfect but the things in it are reflective of my interests and personality.

Reactions: 16
Buying more antique books just because she likes how the spines look on the shelves. lucky Alex is allowed to get one he actually wants to read. Hope it fits the aesthetic of the room..... I find it so odd, they could get some nice house plants or display some photos if trinkets aren't their thing. Or just wait until you obtain books you want to read!? Everything seems to be stuff that's been randomly bought from the same antique shop over the last year, nothing is personal. My house isn't perfect but the things in it are reflective of my interests and personality.
I think the issue is she is lacking in any sort of personality. Her house reflects just how vapid and empty her life is. It seems her interests are limited to spending money and owning stuff these days 🤷

Reactions: 13
In her latest YT video Alex looked his usual miserable self. Does he ever smile? Mind you would I if I lived worh Mads?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think one of her problems might be that she looks to social media trends to tell her that this is what she needs to do in order to be happy. But what she doesn't seem to realize, and what she's basing her entire social media presence on, is that all of these picture-perfect influencers don't have perfect lives and a lot of them probably aren't very happy behind the scenes. I've thought for quite some time now that she should get off social media for a while. Put the camera away, Maddie. Sit by the fire, relax, and enjoy the peace and quiet. Read cookbooks and drink gallons of tea. Put up a bird feeder and watch the birds through the window. Go for long walks with your dog. Just hang out and enjoy all of the things you have been blessed with. Figure out what makes you happy, what it is that you honestly enjoy, and then do that.

Regarding books, my passion is collecting vintage cookbooks. Outside of my vintage cookbook group, my excited Facebook posts about my latest acquisition tend to garner the fewest likes. But I don't care because it's something that fills my heart with joy. Maddie needs to find the thing that fills her heart with joy and go with it, even if it's not trending or popular. Being yourself and being happy with who you are and the life you are living is far more important, in my opinion anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
What is this obsession with "vintage books" to "fill the space" to make it look "cosy??" Off she goes to the vintage shop and/ or ebay.
And she can sell them later! I just absolutely don't understand it.

Reactions: 5
What is this obsession with "vintage books" to "fill the space" to make it look "cosy??" Off she goes to the vintage shop and/ or ebay.
And she can sell them later! I just absolutely don't understand it.
Totally agree. It's very pretentious.

Reactions: 4
Title suggestion: Our #Georgian #House is a money pit.....need your money so I can buy more tit

Title suggestion: Sustainable...what?...minimalist who? - as long as I'm paid I don't give a poo

Title suggestion: House is crumbling, views are dropping....all I really do is shopping

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Title suggestion: Sustainable...what?...minimalist who? - as long as I'm paid I don't give a poo THIS ONE!!

More Greenchef today! It just annoys me.
I actually didn't mind the Greenchef. I watch a lot of true crime channels on YouTube and they all seem to push HelloFresh, so it's nice to see a meal kit service that provides vegan options. This was the first of her videos that I've watched in a long time. I wish she would go back to the way she originally did her cooking videos with the sounds of the knife on the chopping board and the bubbling of pots on the stove. I think they were so much nicer, with a more relaxed and soothing vibe. I don't really care for the music.

Reactions: 3
what a surprise! she's posted a "let's get back on track" video. and so we go round again on this mentally unstable cycle of strict regimes, habit changes, announcing this is the best routine EVER, then quitting it all, saying how awful she feels, and slobbing about until she decides to start up yet another new routine :rolleyes:

Reactions: 16
I think she's been watching to much Nigela Lawson episodes, she's morphing into and acting like her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.