Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't 'talking down' on Alex for having a regular job - i'm all for people doing what they love whatever that may be. My point was that if thats his only work experience then it would be hard to get a job as well paid in the 'real world' as the one he has doing stuff for Maddie. So in that sense its a good deal for him.

Also Maddie and Alex are definitely not anti capitalist!

Reactions: 8
I wasn't 'talking down' on Alex for having a regular job - i'm all for people doing what they love whatever that may be. My point was that if thats his only work experience then it would be hard to get a job as well paid in the 'real world' as the one he has doing stuff for Maddie. So in that sense its a good deal for him.

Also Maddie and Alex are definitely not anti capitalist!
Ah like so, I didn't understand that from your message! But yes I agree. Though, I don't know how the situation in the UK is right now but in hospitality/food service industry there's a huuuge shortage right now, he could get a job here right away just walking into almost any bar or restaurant! If he's a good host, then I think it's (atm) not difficult for him to find a full time job.

I can not see it happening though, I think he will stick with and they will just continue to be toxic. I truly hope they will not have kids, they will try to out-do the other parent constantly i feel like and poor kid will be stuck in the middle.

Reactions: 2
I see she's back promoting the fake palm oil certification organisation again. Must have been a lucrative sponsorship. She doesn't seem to be able to grasp the concept that sustainability certification is as pointless as a chocolate teapot.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
And she hasn't taken on board anything that the educated people have said in her youtube video comments.

Reactions: 8
Drinking game. Drink every time Maddie uploads a video of her sanding something.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
she is driving me insane. All the money they’re spending on this front room just so they can use it for Christmas and yet she’s happy bodging the job. She keeps banging on about being a perfectionist yet every other word out of her mouth in the video before this one was “yes I know we should be doing it properly but I can’t be bothered”. Makes me want to shake her.

• Haha
She really does enjoy the sound of her own voice 😣

I also never understand how influencers drag out the simplest tasks in so many videos.

Laughed when she said she is going to buy her own books to put on the shelf. £25 each? She should go to the charity shops. One influencer I follow bought her book for 50p.
Oh the perfect place in the corner to put the Chrimbo tree so it can be seen from outside. Aye if someone got their nose pressed against the window looking round corners.
Also, boring us showing the books, ironically from a influencer about climate. Yeah Maddie read it whilst your tv is on 24/7 showing a still pic.
Maddie is a coming across as an absolute neurotic fool 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
For someone who wouldn't even use hair shampoo because of the chemicals, she seems to be getting her 'roots' done on a monthly basis. I started getting a few greys here and there at her age, but wouldn't feel the need to dye them yet (most are only visible when my hair is scraped back)
She's either gone very grey very young or is alot more vain than she likes to make out!

Stopped watching VLOGmas about a week ago, but from that thumbnail, they're going to get neck ache from that TV (sorry, painting!) And is it wise to have a fire under it?!

Reactions: 11
That plastic faux-picture frame around the telly is SO tacky. Does she think it makes it look classy or something? It looks like some tat from Poundland :LOL:.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It sounded like she wants to buy a whole shelf of hardback books just for aesthetic purposes! And a whole shelf of atlases, why? The irony of buying 5 copies of a book called 'Minimal' just for appearances as well. I think that says it all.

I used to love her channel and found her content so inspiring. Now I feel like I'm watching some posho who can't stop bragging about all the things they're spending money on. She's just rambling and gazing at herself in the viewfinder.

Reactions: 25
That plastic faux-picture frame around the telly is SO tacky. Does she think it makes it look classy or something? It looks like some tat from Poundland :LOL:.
It really is something else! 😂 Her taste in this house is like she's desperately reaching to be upper class, but it's coming off like some tacky 1980s yuppie. I lost it when she purchased overhead lights to go above the paintings! 🤣

They did up their old house really tastefully I thought, modern but cosy.
Now she's in full on Hyacinth Bucket mode. She won't stop till every room is full to the brim with expensive tat.

Reactions: 18
So eco Maddie is going to leave her electricity-burning TV on all the time to show off her fake painting. Minimalist Maddie bought plastic tat to disguise her electricity-burning TV. She has 4 wall lights that she burns electricity with and she needs more electricity-burning lamps in the room. So eco friendly and minimal.

Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should buy it

Reactions: 15
32874313-8AC7-483D-BE3C-43E4930ADE45.png
Kept getting distracted by what looked like a tattoo on her forearm in that video. Does she have one or is it just dirt?

Reactions: 4
The idea of filling bookshelves with books that you've never read but they fit your design aesthetic is just weird to me. She's so intent on curating a vision of her life rather than just living it. Can you imagine how she'd be with kids? "No we can't stick your painting on the fridge darling because it clashes with the sour-milk white and mildewed cabbage colour scheme on the walls" :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
It's paint from the bookshelves.
Lol if she got a tattoo there's no way she could keep that to herself. It would be a 30 min video on her 'inspiration' then another one on the healing 'I didn't expect this...' then she'd get some tattoo cream sponsorship... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.