Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The funniest thing about that Christmas tasting video was the way she was basically double-fisting the food into her mouth as fast as she could. The only time she really shows any enthusiasm or animation is around food. Oh and the way she was playing Mummy to Alex and doling him out his allotted portion - that was pretty funny too. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 8
The vegan tasting yesterday. 31.30ish. She was telling us to try her nutroast recipes how her sis and dad love it. Alex made a funny comment. She is so up her up backside!
I'll check it out tomorrow but that's awful. Why did she leave it in? If she thinks this is okay to say on camera what does she say when they are not filming?
I keep forgetting but are they engaged?
It's also very nasty to say she pays for everything when he is working for her! So he is pulling his weight too. So dismissive and no appreciation at all.

Reactions: 7
I think she was right to be pissed off with him. He's alway making digs about her, often negging her but I think she does with him too. Seems like a toxic relationship to me although, she seems to adore him. She looks at him for approval and he never really gives it. He's always scowling too.

Maddie doesn't like vlogging but can't give up because she makes a fortune doing it and it looks like Alex isn't happy either but won't leave because Maddie makes a fortune meaning he doesn't have to get a real job

Reactions: 18
I think she was right to be pissed off with him. He's alway making digs about her, often negging her but I think she does with him too. Seems like a toxic relationship to me although, she seems to adore him. She looks at him for approval and he never really gives it. He's always scowling too.

Maddie doesn't like vlogging but can't give up because she makes a fortune doing it and it looks like Alex isn't happy either but won't leave because Maddie makes a fortune meaning he doesn't have to get a real job
All I can think is... Man, what a situation to be in! So much priviledge, yet so little happiness.

My late grandmother always used to say... You have morals OR money, never both
Really applies to them!

Reactions: 15
About 31 minutes in to the trying vegan party food video.

"You realise that my recipes are what pays our bills..... You come on this channel, commandeer my YouTube videos..."

I just skipped through and happened upon that little segment. I don't want to watch 45 minutes of them opening all the food at once and making 'MMMMM' noises.
That was so uncomfortable to watch, it makes me feel bad for both of them. I know they've been together for so long now but they don't seem to bring out the best in one another.

Reactions: 9
Think about it Alex must count his lucky stars on a daily basis for being Maddies sidekick. The guy with a top private school education, St Andrews university degree and then worked at wetherspoons before becoming Maddies 'editor'. If he fell off that gravy train he'd fall with a bump back into the real world, and would be pretty unemployable.

Maybe being treated like a naughty 5 year old is worth the trade off! I expect when they have kids he will be daddy daycare too, so his position will be even more secure. I actually think Alex is hilarious. I love his dry sense of humour and I bet he's fun to be around, he should take over the channel!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Think about it Alex must count his lucky stars on a daily basis for being Maddies sidekick. The guy with a top private school education, St Andrews university degree and then worked at wetherspoons before becoming Maddies 'editor'. If he fell off that gravy train he'd fall with a bump back into the real world, and would be pretty unemployable.

Maybe being treated like a naughty 5 year old is worth the trade off! I expect when they have kids he will be daddy daycare too, so his position will be even more secure. I actually think Alex is hilarious. I love his dry sense of humour and I bet he's fun to be around, he should take over the channel!
I agree, the vlogs were way more fun when they shared filming (way back on the vlogging channel)

RE his employment, I've always wondered what went on there. He's obviously a fairly intelligent person with an education most could only dream of! I'm wondering if he had some sort of mental health issues?

I didn't realise Alex was a public school boy. Did Maddie go to public school too, does anyone know?
Yeah he went to one of the most expensive private schools in Surrey! Not sure about Maddie, but she got into a pretty good uni and isn't exactly brain of Britain, so I'm assuming she did too!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Someone has roasted them on the latest video for clickbait. What is the thing they never expected to happen? Can't be bothered to watch!

Reactions: 2
The response is so irritating to me. It's obviously clickbait, and they must know that, it was the intention (the thumbnail style is way different than their usual so it wasn't an accident). Like she could have just said "sorry, but YouTube algorithm you know blah blah" and at least that would be honest.

The other reply was someone saying they were worried when they saw it. I actually haven't watched so I don't know what happened lol but seems nothing serious.
Screenshot_20211214-123228.png

• Sick
Reactions: 4
1639508483358.png

Lol, wonder how long that exchange will be up for. It's good seeing her followers clap back at her.

"We never expected this to happen" - this is 100% clickbait. It's just a general comment on how the renovations are going. Literally nothing has happened, she just knows she needs people to click on this absolutely dead content.

Reactions: 14
Surprisingly I don’t think Maddie went to private school.

Wow impressive find!

Also
How do we know Alex hasn’t actually got a real job and doesn’t just help out with Maddie part- time? I haven’t watched their videos in ages for obvious reasons so sorry if it’s obvious that he hasn’t got a job. I might look him up on companies houses

Reactions: 3
Wow impressive find!

Also
How do we know Alex hasn’t actually got a real job and doesn’t just help out with Maddie part- time? I haven’t watched their videos in ages for obvious reasons so sorry if it’s obvious that he hasn’t got a job. I might look him up on companies houses
Given the amount of filming they are doing for Vlogmas and how often he's featured in the vlogs, whether because he's filming her in the supermarkets, driving around, etc, I'm fairly sure he works for her full-time!

Reactions: 2
I remember he was working when she started her channel in what 2015-16? She'd say 'when my boyfriend gets back from work...' ect
Think he gave up his job when they went traveling in '17. She said they were living on savings in Brighton and Alex was thinking about getting another bar job to make ends meet, but her channel started taking off, so he continued to work for her.

Safe to say she saved him form a fate of dead-end horrible jobs!

Can you tell I used to be a big fan?! 😅

Reactions: 3
Why is everybody looking down on Alex having had a bar job? Not everybody wants a high position job, some people don't have the drive, other people don't have the ambition. Alex, in general, doesn't seem to have many job ambitions, so maybe you guys are right and he felt all too happy quitting his job to work with Maddie.

Talking about this always reminds me of an old friend I had, her aunt had completed her PhD many years and had a Very Serious Job doing all kinds of Important Researches (haven't a clue what). She travelled all over the world for it and was very famous for it, she made tons of money. She was very very unhappy with it. At some point she had enough, quit her job and became a truck driver and she was the happiest she had ever been in her whole life because she finally had the job she always wanted to do.
That's why I hate it when people talk down on people having regular jobs as if it's not good enough or worse than what they currently have.
I'm not a fan of Alex at all, but just... this kind of narrative is not okay in my opinion. If someone likes it or just simply can't hold down/handle a different job isn't it fine?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That's why I hate it when people talk down on people having regular jobs as if it's not good enough or worse than what they currently have.
I'm not a fan of Alex at all, but just... this kind of narrative is not okay in my opinion. If someone likes it or just simply can't hold down/handle a different job isn't it fine?
I agree with this. It's not even because people don't have "drive" or "ambition" either. Some people don't care about the job they have so long as they make enough money to live the life they want and do the things they want to do. we've all been brainwashed into thinking having certain jobs = successful, and that work is really important. that's capitalism! and it's bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Completely agree, everyone must do what is right for them.
I don't think anyone is looking down at him, it's just when someone comes from a very wealthy family (you're looking at 30k a year private school fees), they have incredible economic, educational and social advantages that are not afforded to the average person.

I worked at Wetherspoons years ago and hats off to anyone that sticks it, it's not easy physically or emotionally and most people quit after a couple of months!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.