Madeleine Olivia #2 Sustainability is so 2018, Buy my affiliates if you want to be green!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she pregnant? Just watched her what i eat video, first of hers ive watched in ages and she seems to have the preggo look about her,shes always hunched over so its hard to see her belly but her face looks pregnant (swollen mouth and nose)

Reactions: 3
I think she is pregnant, I saw her recently on a high street local to me and she defo has some extra weight around the middle and not wearing baggy clothes like in her most recent video. She is beautiful whatever size she is, but it’s just what I think x

Reactions: 4
I cannot help feel that if she was pregnant she would be alluding to it a little. That she feels tired or nauseas. Or she is extra excited for the future, or talk of plans changing.
Maddie is beautiful. She should not worry about her size. Though she does need to do herself justice by wearing the correct size of clothes. She would feel and look better.

Reactions: 7
I don't think she's pregnant, don't think she'd be planning a wedding around the same time as giving birth.
She put on about 2 stone since lockdown, but then Alex has gained weight too, so I think it's just down to a poor diet and alcohol intake.

Huel can be problematic for people with a history of eating disorders

https://www.vice.com/en/article/kz4qyz/huel-eating-disorder-anorexia
That whole video was problematic tbh.
Encouraging drinking powdered water in place of proper meals, then going to the other extreme of eating pizza, loaded fries, burgers and ready meals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I also don't think she'd wait too long to announce a pregnancy and risk missing out on any potential freebies and cashing in on the views and clicks tbh, cynical as that sounds.

Reactions: 10
I personally love huel, I have a disability and chronic pain and sometimes I can’t physically eat so having something to that gives some nutrients and calories. But at uni a friend I lived with always wanted to try it to lose weight (she could “have it for every meal”)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can't agree more about her being perpetually miserable. Watched her for years now and has she ever been happy or not moaning??

Reactions: 8
I personally love huel, I have a disability and chronic pain and sometimes I can’t physically eat so having something to that gives some nutrients and calories. But at uni a friend I lived with always wanted to try it to lose weight (she could “have it for every meal”)
I'm actually giving it a try because I have invisalign and my teeth get sore and I have limited time to eat my lunch because of having to wait to brush my teeth, the whole cleaning routine etc. For some people it can work well as part of a balanced diet.

ETA your situation is a far cry from Maddie not being able to even consider where her chia seeds are :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don't think she's pregnant - she has a history of eating disorders that likely mean her weight goes up and down depending on her mental health and she probably still obsesses over food a fair bit. Recovery can be a really slow process as well and lockdowns wouldn't have helped much either. I skimmed through the latest vlog because like many here I cannot stand the barrage of ads and the constant chewing and eating noises...YUK! Based on what she said about Alex being away for a couple of weeks and the insta post about a funeral (that was quickly taken down), I am assuming that someone in Alex's immediate family passed away.

I still can't fathom why she says she is so busy and overworked. She literally just said that Alex normally does ALL the editing, plus her sister handles much of the business side, so basically all Madeleine does is pose for selfies, witch about tradesmen, and swan around in her vast collection of fugly dresses. I guess online shopping and walking the dog is just exhausting.

Reactions: 10
Ohh! What do you think of the taste? When Soylent was first a big thing pre-Fuel I read so many reviews talking about how awful the taste and texture was and it turned me off them all! I definitely think the meal replacement powders have their uses. I'm really glad it has helped you!

Just had a look at her insta, see she's advertising period pants. My first thought was: doesn't Alex do all the washing? I bet he's thrilled! 🤣

Has she taken a look at herself at all

View attachment 799965
Madeleine's ever classic 'Do as I say, not as I do' mentality. I noticed she's lost a couple hundred followers in the last week or so, and I'm not surprised with this preaching hypocrisy! 😒

Maddie, your Grandparents generation made things last and used items till they broke, then fixed them. Your grandparents probably couldn't care less about having the newest fixtures and fittings and prided themselves on a made do and mend attitude. You could not be further away from them in terms of consumerism!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe she thinks she’s not participating in capitalism because she’s not spending her own money on all the ~sustainable~ tat she gets gifted

Reactions: 4
I agree with Maddie. When I cast my mind back to the time I spent with my grandparents, the memories of spending time with them in the home gym/gaming room/cinema room/hot tub are the best.

We should all aspire to live a less consumerist lifestyle like them.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

View attachment 799965
Is she for real?

The perfectly good kitchen counters, thrown out because of the colour not being "suitable"? The tons and tons of beauty products she will never even use? The food wrapped in layers and layers of plastic? The bleeping flowers? The aga for heating? The plastic whirlpool? New light fixtures, new tap, new beds for the guest bedroom, new iMac, new dresses, new bathing suits, NEW EVERYTHING!

Get a grip Madeleine. Nothing you're doing is sustainable. Either stop trying to buy away your depression, or stop pretending like you're this anti-consumerist sustainability guru and be honest with you subscribers.

If you continue down this path, you're going to kill your channel. It's already in it's death throes. You have 500k subscribers but your videos don't even reach 50k viewers. That is BAD.

Reactions: 14

View attachment 799965
I'm so hacked off by this myth that everyone in the past had the privilege to live "slowly" in the way she defines it. Yes, there was less available and fewer distractions so you probably took pleasure in the little things a bit more, but it's only because of industrialisation and technology that a 5 day week or 9-5 jobs are possible! For hundreds, thousands of years life for most people was (and of course continues to be!) a constant slog, maybe not in a corporate office but a slog nonetheless. It was not flouncing about on a beach in a dress 10 sizes too big talking about slowing down and taking time for yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ohh! What do you think of the taste? When Soylent was first a big thing pre-Fuel I read so many reviews talking about how awful the taste and texture was and it turned me off them all! I definitely think the meal replacement powders have their uses. I'm really glad it has helped you!
I don’t mind the taste, I don’t love the taste of sweetener so like the unsweetened un flavoured one or the vanilla one blended with frozen fruit or bananas and peanut butter or coco. I don’t love the pre made ones - again I hate the sweetener flavour. But a colleague with crohns loved it and all the flavours just on their own with water. I agree with you I think powders and “meal replacement” type products were intended to help ever so often for people who skip meals for whatever reason - health, busy, forgetful etc - but I worry that a lot of people use them for every meal to loose weight but that can’t be sustainable as eventually you’ll need to have something to actually eat.

Reactions: 1
Just seen on companies house she has gone limited, that return will make an interesting read… it’s a while away till it’s due. I was on there doing some checks for work and just decided to have a look.

Reactions: 5
Just seen on companies house she has gone limited, that return will make an interesting read… it’s a while away till it’s due. I was on there doing some checks for work and just decided to have a look.
Yeah, I was looking for it, at the moment it's just 1GBP shares each.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.