Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why now have they only realised this bloke was in the area. Why now have they realised he changed plates on a hire car? Odd

Reactions: 7
It’s all a bit odd. It would be better to find out what happened but I don’t think they will after all this time. Even if someone confessed there would be doubts.

I wasn't aware of this... where can I read more? 👀
Theres alot of articles online sources have come forward about the mccans over the years, there's also videos on YouTube and the Netflix documentary is really good

This case really breaks my heart. Poor little girl who was neglected by her parents. If this happened to one of my kids as normal working class parent, I would have been charged with neglect.

I hope they accidentally gave her too many drugs to make her sleep. And she died peacefully in her sleep. Not at the hands of some vile child molesting monster 💔💔
This has been my theory for years. They gave her too much by accident realised what they'd done and fabricated a whole web of lies and deciete trying to cover up what they'd done. I strongly believe shes buried somewhere in Portugal hence why the cadaver dogs picked up the scent in the car.

I fell down a hole a couple of years back with videos, podcasts and written articles on Maddies disappearance and from it her parents just give me the creeps and I have no doubt that they know what happened to her. What parent in their right mind would leave their young children in a room just so they can go out, disgusting then when questioned they refused to answer, why?

Not only that, someone high up is protecting them. They neglected their children several times and have got away with it.
Google what Kate mccan wrote about madeline in her book. About the part of her being potentially touched my a paedophile. Then you'll be really creeped out

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
If it’s true and he’s involved, it wouldn’t surprise me for a single second if her parents had given her to him themselves.

This case really breaks my heart. Poor little girl who was neglected by her parents. If this happened to one of my kids as normal working class parent, I would have been charged with neglect.

I hope they accidentally gave her too many drugs to make her sleep. And she died peacefully in her sleep. Not at the hands of some vile child molesting monster 💔💔
That’s what I do think happened. They’re both doctors so if that got out they’d lose their jobs. And probably get charged with something at least. So they covered it up.

I really hope that’s what happened. I wonder what her siblings make of it all. They’ll be 13(?) at least now...

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Iv just seen someone on Facebook saying ‘her parents must be in shock to be told she’s dead and I feel so sorry for them how awful’

for me personally I don’t feel the slightest bit of sympathy for them! I feel sad for Madeleine
& her siblings.. the parents are just as much murderers as the people who took her! Middle class privilege has helped them dodge prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I always hoped that she was kidnapped by some poor, childless Portuguese couple who were desperate for a family and saw the opportunity and took her, and have loved and cared for her for years.

Alternatively, I also hope she died in that apartment. Not a nice thought for a young girl, but nicer than the thought of her ending up in a paedophille ring.

I don’t care what the outcome is, Kate and Gerry should be charged with neglect.

Reactions: 30
It seems like this current development has come from Germany, with the investigation being done by German police so I don’t think it’s a distraction technique or an appeal for funding. Either way, having a child murderer prosecuted would definitely be in the public interest.

Reactions: 2
I still can’t believe the parents haven’t been charged with neglect. Poor Maddie it’s just so sad

Reactions: 15
Kate did a book and i red a little bit. Kate described that she had difficulty in conceiving and i always thought was it Gods way in protecting the children.

I hope they find closure for the angel ❤madeline mccan❤

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Sorry I didn't finish this!! If this was a girl from a working class background without influencial parents, with money, who had their fingers in a lot of pies this case wouldn't hav gathered even a tenth of the momentum. Never mind the funds. There were hundreds of children going missing in that area around the time Madeline did, and they didn't get any coverage, and that infuriated the locals. There was a HUGE child trafficking problem and it was never highlighted. Whether you his is what happened to Madeline, we don't know, but they could have brought the other missing children to the attention of the media too, but they never x
THIS 100%

This case IS an example of missing white syndrome. If this case, as you said, had been a working/poorer class person from UK it would never have been the focus.

Even more so if she was a child of colour.

Media attention, especially on her parent’s actions and culpability, would be very different.

This bias against minority groups from the media and the authorities (be it their investigation efforts or criminal system) is well documented in many horrific cases.

USA

Gary Ridgeway “Green River Killer” - 48 known victims, mostly black women - was loose far longer than should have due to police inaction and discrediting of his victims.

Atlanta Child Murders - 28 known victims (including adults) but mostly black boys. One convicted but others at large as widely suspected more than one perpetrator

Cleveland Strangler - think around 12 black women killed.

Being America and serial killings we could list these all day.

Canada
Highway of Tears - upwards of 50 girls and women murdered along a section of highway in Canada. No one has been brought to justice. Most victims were indigenous girls in their teens, hitchhiking after running away from reservations. Their families have put up billboards along the road in response to their lack of justice. Very sad, read into this if you haven’t.

UK
Shannon Matthews - how authorities and media treated her disappearance and her family was markedly different due to their socio economic background

Stephen Porter “Grindr Killer” - known 4 murder victims and hundreds of rape victims. Targeted gay men, drugged them and attacked them. He got away with this for so long because of Police failure and homophobia in their “investigations” (2 victims were found... IN THE SAME LOCATION ON SEPARATE DATES) yet police still viewed them isolated. Incredibly sad as these men’s families and friends kept approaching police. This was only recent as well.

Rose and Fred West - infamous yes. But They went unnoticed for so long. Systemic failures of authorities such as schools to notice children just missing. (Their own two daughters whom they murdered)

These are just some examples of the bias against minority groups, be it POC, classism or gay discrimination.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I just watched the McCanns spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, being interviewed on BBC news. He said the UK is still treating Madeleines disappearance as a missing persons enquiry and Germany as a potential murder enquiry. The suspects name came into the frame three years ago and he said the German police had now pieced together his movements in the area at the time of her disappearance.
I wonder what happens next. I guess they will interview him?

Reactions: 2
As people have mentioned why does this case get so much attention and funding? loads of children go missing/ get kidnapped and never get a quarter of the attention Maddie's case has got. Plus the fact it was the parents fault in the first place for leaving the poor kids alone just makes its worse IMO.

Reactions: 14
I think the parents suffer enough in the knowledge that they let that poor little girl down and their other children were so lucky. It must be so awful to live with yourself after that. They made a decision to leave 3 children under 3 alone, unsupervised in an apartment in a foreign country whilst they had a meal and drinks a good distance from the apartment. I remember at the time people saying it was like having a meal in your garden and leaving the kids upstairs. It was NOTHING like that. The parents have to live with their decision and being called out in it in social media and the press. That is their life sentence.

I have to go in to my son before we go to bed at the moment as we are trying to get him to sleep through without wearing pull ups. Waking him up out of his deep sleep to go to the toilet, he is so out of it and would sleep through anything. It upsets me to think of Madeleine being taken from her bed and carried away half asleep. Her siblings waking up and calling out and no one there to hear them. Terribly sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
As people have mentioned why does this case get so much attention and funding? loads of children go missing/ get kidnapped and never get a quarter of the attention Maddie's case has got. Plus the fact it was the parents fault in the first place for leaving the poor kids alone just makes its worse IMO.
I think because there is so much more to this than meets the eye. Rightly or wrongly the public have a massive interest in this story. Imagine being a parent of a missing child that hasn’t had this coverage, as most haven’t, seems very unjust.
Lets hope this finally solves part of the mystery. We will never know the full account of what happened that night.

Reactions: 11
I'm not sure if you remember the Ben Needham case his mum had no help ,she's never given up looking for her son. It's been 30 yrs now but she kept a dignified search going without the need for a PR team ..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I think because there is so much more to this than meets the eye. Rightly or wrongly the public have a massive interest in this story. Imagine being a parent of a missing child that hasn’t had this coverage, as most haven’t, seems very unjust.
Lets hope this finally solves part of the mystery. We will never know the full account of what happened that night.
Yes its not really a straight forward kidnap case is it? For eg the Jamies bulgar case he was with his mum she let go of his hand and he wandered off and got taken by those evil boys.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.