Madeleine McCann

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely if their child died their life is ruined anyway? If my child died, not having a career wouldn’t matter one iota. Also, if a child dies accidentally you don’t automatically lose your other children.

^^^No you don’t automatically lose your other kids because one child died accidentally BUT that child wouldn’t have died if the ever so respectable parents didn’t leave her alone, them alone, this is why their parenting of the remaining twins should have been scrutinised when they got back, and I know it’s meant to remain confidential but I have a feeling with this case that we would know if SW had been involved.

I cannot believe that K+G actually have the audacity to sit there and say “I know I did everything right that I could have as a parent” when they did everything BUT be a responsible parent, and yes G may be able to not show emotion because of his job, but like someone else said then this isn’t a patient, it’s his own ducking daughter! He didn’t endear himself to the public one iota, and he wonders why we speculate?! I just think he comes across like a lying sociopath in all honesty, it’s as if their missing child was an inconvenience to their holiday 😡😡

Reactions: 5
Just picking up on this Wiki excerpt which says that Gerry 'carried out the first check on 5A at around 21:05. The children were asleep and all was well, except that he recalled having left the children's bedroom door slightly ajar, and now it stood almost wide open'. I wonder how reliable these 'checks' were. It is possible (e.g. if he didn't turn lights on/enter the room fully) that he might not have noticed that MM was already missing at this point. Then, at 9.30pm, one of the other adults offers to check on the McCann children but, according to reports, 'merely observes all is quiet and makes a cursory glance inside the room seeing the twins in their cot, but not directly seeing Madeleine's bed from the angle at which he stood. Afterwards, he could not say for sure if she had been there or not'. So, in theory, if Gerry's check was not as thorough as he is saying, a potential abductor could have had a whole hour to get away with MM.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned - it probably has at some point!
I really don’t get how they could just leave their kids like this and then do such crap checks! Why bother checking if you aren’t even checking the kids are there and ok? I check my kids every night and I want to see them, feel them breathing, check they aren’t too hot/too cold etc! Usually I end up waking them up by accident 😂 how they thought these cursory checks were ok just baffles me. If you take your kids on holiday then you need to fit that holiday around their needs, not yours! If you want adults only go adults only!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Surely if their child died their life is ruined anyway? If my child died, not having a career wouldn’t matter one iota. Also, if a child dies accidentally you don’t automatically lose your other children.
But charges of neglect would ruin a career like their's ,and with that the trappings of a privileged lifestyle . There was a lot to lose by admitting they messed up ,they went back to work very soon after I think. it would have taken me a lot longer to let my remaining children out of my sight ,let alone be able to perform such a delicate procedure as heart surgery .My brain would have been messed up for a long time ,after such a horrific event,you just wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Reactions: 1
How do you know this? There is so much on here about how they felt about their daughter, how she was treated etc etc. But where is this info coming from? Loads of people work full time and have childcare does that mean they don’t know their children? Or is there a factual source out there that says this is true?
I just meant generally it’s not unrealistic. It’s not uncommon for parents of any kind to not have much interaction with their kids.

If they’re prepared to leave their child in kids clubs while on holiday (not that there’s anything wrong with that, don’t get me wrong) AND leave them alone at night instead of taking them with them, then I wouldn’t say it’s completely left field to consider that they could’ve been one of those parents who do favour the nanny 🤷🏼‍♀️

It’s all just debate and opinion.

Reactions: 3
Totally, @Tigger1. Worse still - offering to check on someone else's child and then doing a shoddy job and it turning into one of the biggest missing person cases in history.

^^^No you don’t automatically lose your other kids because one child died accidentally BUT that child wouldn’t have died if the ever so respectable parents didn’t leave her alone, them alone, this is why their parenting of the remaining twins should have been scrutinised when they got back, and I know it’s meant to remain confidential but I have a feeling with this case that we would know if SW had been involved.

I cannot believe that K+G actually have the audacity to sit there and say “I know I did everything right that I could have as a parent” when they did everything BUT be a responsible parent, and yes G may be able to not show emotion because of his job, but like someone else said then this isn’t a patient, it’s his own ducking daughter! He didn’t endear himself to the public one iota, and he wonders why we speculate?! I just think he comes across like a lying sociopath in all honesty, it’s as if their missing child was an inconvenience to their holiday 😡😡
Of course it should have been scrutinised! They should have been investigated and had whatever the punishment is for that. I still don’t understand how nothing ever came of leaving them all alone.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t necessarily say that losing a child completely ruins your life. Careers still matter whether your child died or not

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
How do you know this? There is so much on here about how they felt about their daughter, how she was treated etc etc. But where is this info coming from? Loads of people work full time and have childcare does that mean they don’t know their children? Or is there a factual source out there that says this is true?
It’s speculation, like everything else that’s being bandied about. Nobody is saying it’s gospel truth.

Reactions: 3
Just watching the documentary and Kate refers to herself as a 'responsible parent' 😳 wow, I laughed.
Also I always see that they should be charged with neglect children taken etc. But no one ever says that about the rest of them the friends children they were with too. They all left their children alone too just because nothing happened to them doesn't make it ok

Reactions: 6
It’s speculation, like everything else that’s being bandied about. Nobody is saying it’s gospel truth.
I think speculation over what happened to her/who is to blame etc is 100% normal and what this thread is for! But saying she always had a nanny or someone else looking after her (not picking on this particular comment by the way, just the most recent one I can’t think of!) is stating that as a fact. That’s where I was wondering where did that info come from? I don’t think it’s very fair to say things like that which isn’t an opinion, without it being true (if it is - great - but where is it coming from?) was my point.

I think speculation over what happened to her/who is to blame etc is 100% normal and what this thread is for! But saying she always had a nanny or someone else looking after her (not picking on this particular comment by the way, just the most recent one I can’t think of!) is stating that as a fact. That’s where I was wondering where did that info come from? I don’t think it’s very fair to say things like that which isn’t an opinion, without it being true (if it is - great - but where is it coming from?) was my point.
I said it was possible. Nobody said it was fact and nobody said she DID have a nanny. It was speculation 🙄

Just watching the documentary and Kate refers to herself as a 'responsible parent' 😳 wow, I laughed.
Also I always see that they should be charged with neglect children taken etc. But no one ever says that about the rest of them the friends children they were with too. They all left their children alone too just because nothing happened to them doesn't make it ok
No they were all as guilty it just so happens the McCanns were the unfortunate ones..

Where is half the information being posted on here really coming from though? I never said she had a nanny, I said “if” she did, because I read someone here had posted about it.

Reactions: 2
Well good for you but you wouldn’t know would you. Hope you never do

Cba with that kind of generalisation

• Heart
I said it was possible. Nobody said it was fact and nobody said she DID have a nanny. It was speculation 🙄
The message I am talking about said “given she always had a nanny or someone looking after her” - I read that as that was a fact?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.