Madeleine McCann #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They should have just left the kids at home. They were in Kid's Club all day and alone in their bedrooms all night.
Maybe then all THREE of them would have returned to the UK alive.
bleeping feckless parents!
Yup pretty pointless. When I was a kid my parents would take me on holidays with them and we would spend time together cause that was the best ocassion - since usually they would be at work most days. Even though I was annoying little tit and they didn’t get to relax that much after all lol it was about spending time as a family after all.

Reactions: 18
The only time I’ve used a kids club was at Crieff Hydro … 3 hours in the morning after breakfast = back to bed mum and dad, activities with the ankle biters in the afternoon then tea for them in the kids restaurant followed by another 3 hour session in the kids club while mum and dad went out for dinner.

The kids practically ran to the club because it was amazing too.

I must say we loved it so much we went back the following year.

If you’re a parent of under tens, I can’t recommend it enough.

But yes, usually holidays are about family time and having fun together.

Reactions: 8
there's a thread on MN which has surprised me - OP's parents have booked a family holiday for them all in Praia da Luz, and she doesnt want to go because she thinks the location will upset her. Fair enough, whatevs. But SO many posters have said things like "you wont leave your kids alone in an unlocked apartment" (paraphrase). I don't give it long, because MN usually shut down anything to do with the McCanns pdq but interesting to see.

Reactions: 8
there's a thread on MN which has surprised me - OP's parents have booked a family holiday for them all in Praia da Luz, and she doesnt want to go because she thinks the location will upset her. Fair enough, whatevs. But SO many posters have said things like "you wont leave your kids alone in an unlocked apartment" (paraphrase). I don't give it long, because MN usually shut down anything to do with the McCanns pdq but interesting to see.
Off topic but what's pdq? Thanks

Reactions: 1
Just had a sky news notification saying a number of items have been seized from a Portuguese reservior regarding Madeleine!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
How far is the reservoir from the villa? Would it have been an obvious place for Kate and/or Gerry to dump evidence in a panic if Maddie died accidentally?

Reactions: 7
How far is the reservoir from the villa? Would it have been an obvious place for Kate and/or Gerry to dump evidence in a panic if Maddie died accidentally?
1685610125986.png

---
Sorry I should have said that there is no evidence yet that any of the items belong to MM

Reactions: 4
They seem to have recovered some items of interest
"It is not yet possible to say whether some of the items are actually related to the Madeleine McCann case."

It’s quite depressing to see the reporting hasn’t got any better. Usual case of headlines not reflecting the content

A lot of parents struggle with their kids. Parents who had to do IVF perhaps even more - IVF is gruelling, and the guilt / unhappiness when things turn out less than perfect can be even worse than if you didn't have to invest so much money, effort, and physical pain to have your children.

People like to paint parents who struggled to have children as somehow superior and more deserving - they had to do SO much, they must have REALLY wanted their children. As if really wanting children and going to great lengths to have them, means you will or would be a better parent than parents who conceived at the first try.

That's a fallacy.

People who struggled to have children can be just as unhappy, disengaged or indeed downright abusive as people who had their children easily.
You're right, sadly a lot of people think they want children, until they have them. I don't know their true feelings of course, but Kate and Gerry remind me of other couples I've seen who wanted children to create an image of "having it all". They needed children to complete their image, just like they needed a four bedroom house, an Audi, holidays to the south of France, for the wife to always be thin and blonde. To such people, it's an affront if there's something they can't have, because they feel entitled to the perfect lives. It's about their image, more than about what happens behind closed doors.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The only consolation we have is the grim fact those two are stuck with each other till the end of their days.

Reactions: 19
You're right, sadly a lot of people think they want children, until they have them. I don't know their true feelings of course, but Kate and Gerry remind me of other couples I've seen who wanted children to create an image of "having it all". They needed children to complete their image, just like they needed a four bedroom house, an Audi, holidays to the south of France, for the wife to always be thin and blonde. To such people, it's an affront if there's something they can't have, because they feel entitled to the perfect lives. It's about their image, more than about what happens behind closed doors.
That was me!
Nice house, nice car, well behaved perfectly dressed kids, me on a permanent diet because I was scared of upsetting my controlling husband.
It took courage to break free and only then I realised that my children were stifled rather than upset Daddy.
I often wonder if Kate went along with the meal that night and leaving the children rather than upset the status quo. A controlling husband can make life very difficult and it’s easier to go along with him than have him punish the children in a subtle way.
As for Madeleine being “difficult.” Maybe he spoiled her just to upset Kate and make her feel like a bad mother.
I am talking from experience.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
That was me!
Nice house, nice car, well behaved perfectly dressed kids, me on a permanent diet because I was scared of upsetting my controlling husband.
It took courage to break free and only then I realised that my children were stifled rather than upset Daddy.
I often wonder if Kate went along with the meal that night and leaving the children rather than upset the status quo. A controlling husband can make life very difficult and it’s easier to go along with him than have him punish the children in a subtle way.
As for Madeleine being “difficult.” Maybe he spoiled her just to upset Kate and make her feel like a bad mother.
I am talking from experience.
Kate's mannerisms and expressions remind me a lot of my mum, who while she was no saint herself, was scared of my very angry controlling father. The way she looks down when he speaks, like she doesn't dare question him and is used to just keeping her head down. I do hope you're doing better these days 💜

• Heart
  • Sad
There's no actual evidence GM is abusive though.
It does take a very cold individual to go for a tennis lesson just after their child has been abducted. Or whatever it was happened. Don't think we'll ever know.

There's no actual evidence GM is abusive though.
It does take a very cold individual to go for a tennis lesson just after their child has been abducted. Or whatever it was happened. Don't think we'll ever know.
You’d think he’d want to support his wife and kids at that moment. Or search for the kid he mislaid.

My husband went to a work thing when our daughter had her first ever sickness bug and he didn’t hear the end of it from me. (It was fine in the end...looking back she didn’t need 2 parents there but I felt I needed him for support).

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.