Madeleine McCann #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s rarely going to be myriad of (or indeed any) ‘actual evidence’ of coercive control - it’s the nature of the crime. Especially if there’s no whistleblower.

A lot of the time people around the family/individuals will pick up on small incidences, tiny cues - but maybe that’s the extent of it. Maybe they are ok living that way. You haven’t witnessed anything illegal, it just feels off.

And then there’s often (not always) an overlap with other forms of abuse eg most sexually abusive fathers are keeping the whole family under a regime of coercive control. There needs to be far more recognition of this generally, when you realise how rife CSA is - 1 in 6 girls, 1 in 20 boys.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I do wonder though what will happen if all the evidence shows the parents did it or were involved though (this is an if they did)

Like I mean after all these years of them saying they didn't do it and chasing down people who said they did etc...and the fact that its been so long now since it happened

Would they still get arrested? Or has enough time passed? Would we ever find out why it happened I wonder?

And if we find out someone else completely unrelated did it after all these years, they did a good job of hiding it for as long as they have done, but as ghoulish as it sounds most people will want to know why and how also because of the case being as big as it is.

I guess some good things will come from whatever happens the poor girl can finally be at peace, those who did it can be finally punished and the conspiracy theories can stop. But it's going to be massive if we do find out something.

Reactions: 5
I do wonder though what will happen if all the evidence shows the parents did it or were involved though (this is an if they did)

Like I mean after all these years of them saying they didn't do it and chasing down people who said they did etc...and the fact that its been so long now since it happened

Would they still get arrested? Or has enough time passed? Would we ever find out why it happened I wonder?

And if we find out someone else completely unrelated did it after all these years, they did a good job of hiding it for as long as they have done, but as ghoulish as it sounds most people will want to know why and how also because of the case being as big as it is.

I guess some good things will come from whatever happens the poor girl can finally be at peace, those who did it can be finally punished and the conspiracy theories can stop. But it's going to be massive if we do find out something.
If anyone was found to have had anything to do with her death, they would be prosecuted … there is no statute of limitations on stuff like murder/manslaughter/abduction.

Reactions: 15

I honestly don’t think the conspiracy theories will stop at this point even if they convict someone. There will always be people rabidly in the “her parents did it, they’ve pinned it on a stranger to protect them” corner even if someone else is convicted and likewise in the “it was a stranger, her parents are scapegoats for the shoddy Portuguese investigation” corner if her parents were convicted. I think it’s going to be one of those cases people will question and theorise about for as long as it’s remembered.

Reactions: 13

100% the parents would be arrested and charged. Can you imagine the backlash? Not just the heinous murder itself but the self promotion, the fake media interviews, the millions of pounds spent on a pointless search?
They'd take over from Philip Schofield as the most loathsome people in the UK. 😯

Reactions: 14
100% the parents would be arrested and charged. Can you imagine the backlash? Not just the heinous murder itself but the self promotion, the fake media interviews, the millions of pounds spent on a pointless search?
They'd take over from Philip Schofield as the most loathsome people in the UK. 😯
I'd hope so they have gotten away with so much that other parents would of had their kids taken off of them and jobs fired from for so much less.

Reactions: 8
I wonder do the twins struggle with ‘survivors guilt’? It must be so difficult knowing you were present when your sister was abducted/murdered/met with foul play, and you were unharmed.

Reactions: 11
Survivor guilt but also can you imagine the latent anger? Finding out your parents parked you in a crèche all day long every day except the one day the crèche was closed and left you to cry at night so they could have wine and bleeping tapas with people they barely knew bar one couple. People they seemed to be actively avoiding during the day. Your parents are meant to love you and care for you. How would you know what love is meant to feel like? On a subconscious level they would not be able to trust in the most basic sense. Because they were left to cry and no one came.
And that is all independent of Madeleines disappearance.

A lot of people neglected in that way by their parents - especially the privileged middle class - wouldn’t ever know they had been so badly physically and emotionally neglected but for the twins it’s all laid bare in the case files.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Survivor guilt but also can you imagine the latent anger? Finding out your parents parked you in a crèche all day long every day except the one day the crèche was closed and left you to cry at night so they could have wine and bleeping tapas with people they barely knew bar one couple. People they seemed to be actively avoiding during the day. Your parents are meant to love you and care for you. How would you know what love is meant to feel like? On a subconscious level they would not be able to trust in the most basic sense. Because they were left to cry and no one came.
And that is all independent of Madeleines disappearance.

A lot of people neglected in that way by their parents - especially the privileged middle class - wouldn’t ever know they had been so badly physically and emotionally neglected but for the twins it’s all laid bare in the case files.
I read on a Reddit comment that the son Sean is no longer on speaking terms with his parents and moved out. Dont know where they got that info though.

They only just turned 18. Maybe they have only been able to read the extent of everything that happened recently.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I read on a Reddit comment that the son Sean is no longer on speaking terms with his parents and moved out. Dont know where they got that info though.

They only just turned 18. Maybe they have only been able to read the extent of everything that happened recently.
Or maybe there is one completely different reason we absolutely couldn’t know about and has nothing to do with M‘s disappearance. 🤷🏻‍♀️ (If it is indeed true.)

Reactions: 4
The twins probably feel more guilt than their disgraceful parents.
Possibly they do. I wonder if they feel anger as well. Now they are adult and can read and watch all that was written and shown about their parents behaviour and reactions at the time.

I will never forget that the McCann parents were out playing tennis the next day. :mad:..I find that so absolutely incredibly awfully cold and shameful of them.
I would have been crying my heart out and running round looking for my child.:(

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Maybe special people like the McCanns would rather get they money's worth on the tennis lessons they'd paid for rather than participate in the search for their child?

Reactions: 9
Where is the story about them playing tennis the next day? I see it a lot on here but never seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Reactions: 6
Where is the story about them playing tennis the next day? I see it a lot on here but never seen it mentioned anywhere else.
Apparently a waiter there said he saw Gerry playing days after Madeleine's disappearance. I've seen it mentioned in old news articles.

Edit- here it is

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.