Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jogging perhaps it was Kate’s way of letting off steam/clearing her head, etc but to wash your daughters scent off her toy?
That’s the opposite of what any normal person would do.
I’ve posted on here previously that I have my Dad’s jacket rolled up in the bottom of my wardrobe and sometimes I take it out and unroll it just to smell “him” again. My Dad lead a full and long life and I still couldn’t wash it and get rid of it so I truly will never understand how a mother could wash her daughter’s cuddly toy just days after her disappearance.
It is not normal behaviour, it goes against every maternal instinct. Then again, when you prioritise filling your belly above the welfare of your children then perhaps it shouldn’t surprise me after all!
Yep. I could just about deal with the jogging (I know pounding the streets can help with stress relief). But tennis lessons? And washing the toy? Seemed heartless. And that blog Gerry ran was weird.

Reactions: 20
Your BABY goes missing - trust me, the first thought that comes into a mothers head is not “right, get the bleach out and bleach wash her beloved teddy” you don’t just carry on having a jolly old time playing tennis and going out for a lovely little jog….. Jesus Christ! My boy was in hospital once with a broken arm and I’ve never been so upset/worried in my life and I couldn’t even imagine just cracking on with a frigging tennis lesson.
Your ability to jump to the conclusion that these incidents show a major conspiracy at work is mind boggling. Not everyone reacts like you would react. You need to accept that people deal with situations differently. It sounds like you would react hysterically which is fine, that's who you are but some people might interpret you acting hysterically as you trying to hide something. Can you see that?

Reactions: 8
It's the unlocked door that gets me!!!

As a child, I vaguely remember being left in a Butlins Chalet (The Red Coats had a listening service.) This was in the 1960s.

But the door was locked - I couldn't have wandered out and somebody trying to get in would have needed to kick the door in. No such safety for Maddie - free to wander out or for anybody to wander in.

But as I've said before, when this all kicked off, it was obvious from talking to my boss that leaving kids alone in the hotel room was the done thing. She more or less told me they'd left their grandchildren alone in the room while they and the parents went to the bar.

I reckon they didn't do it after Maddie went missing.

Shame a wee girl had to pay for price.

Reactions: 13

As a child, I vaguely remember being left in a Butlins Chalet (The Red Coats had a listening service.) This was in the 1960s.

But the door was locked - I couldn't have wandered out and somebody trying to get in would have needed to kick the door in. No such safety for Maddie - free to wander out or for anybody to wander in.

But as I've said before, when this all kicked off, it was obvious from talking to my boss that leaving kids alone in the hotel room was the done thing. She more or less told me they'd left their grandchildren alone in the room while they and the parents went to the bar.

I cannot understand this. It obviously did happen though. My parents left my brother and I alone in the apartment one of the nights on holiday, although he was 12 and I was 9 so obviously slightly different. I could never. How could you even sit and relax without worrying?

Reactions: 15
What about them leaving the door fully unlocked but Kate reporting the window was open, apparently broken into (or out of) by the would be 'they' who had taken her, yet the only DNA found on the window was kates. They also reported to the media before reporting to local police?

I personally believe Maddie was killed before that night they reported her missing which gave them time to get rid of the body and destroy evidence, think Gerry especially seems like he would be capable of abusing his kids, being blackmailed into faking the abduction or covering up her murder. Do not think the parents are innocent at all and I don't think she was murdered or abducted by strangers, only her family and their associates.

Reactions: 14
A detective went on record saying he turned down the chance to head the Scotland Yard case when he was told that the parents were not to be treated as suspects. That is why There’s nothing in the British investigation linking the parents to the disappearance.

• Heart

I bet they didn’t leave their cash and passports and valuables lying on the bed of their unlocked apartment in case someone went in and took them…

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Let’s not forget that Gerry had a blog around that time and he himself described taking a “broken” fridge from their rented apartment and taking it to a dump 🙃

Also to the poster who is so into mccanns being innocent - it’s ok to have different opinions but imo making stupid jokes about elvis and moon landing is super distasteful taking into account the topic. We can have differing opinions but the way we present them speaks a lot about ourselves.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Let’s not forget that Gerry had a blog around that time and he himself described taking a “broken” fridge from their rented apartment and taking it to a dump 🙃

Also to the poster who is so into mccanns being innocent - it’s ok to have different opinions but imo making stupid jokes about elvis and moon landing is super distasteful taking into account the topic. We can have differing opinions but the way we present them speaks a lot about ourselves.
As someone who is classed as a CT this is something others who cannot see what you see will do, they will try to make out you are an idiot and ridicule you with all the over-the-top CT they know.

Someone here said how can people not see the truth of this, it's not even hidden it's all just under the surface .. That is the same with 80% of CT .. people won't look further if it's not in the mainstream media then it's not true.

Im not here to debate CT just this one post and point.

Reactions: 8
Someone said about them offering Kate a deal to give information? Did they offer their friends a deal? As surely they’d know information as they were apparently taking it in turns checking on the children? Or if as some think she went missing/was killed before that night they’d know when she was last seen

Reactions: 5
Your ability to jump to the conclusion that these incidents show a major conspiracy at work is mind boggling. Not everyone reacts like you would react. You need to accept that people deal with situations differently. It sounds like you would react hysterically which is fine, that's who you are but some people might interpret you acting hysterically as you trying to hide something. Can you see that?
I get what you are trying to say here. And I understand this case divides alot of opinion for sure. But I think, any parent who would be put in the position of their child going missing in a foreign country would be beside themselves with worry. Of all the high profile cases eg- Sarah Payne, April Jones, Ben Needham, James bulger (Im just using these examples as we have all read extensive coverage) iv never seen one parent say 'oh we went off and played tennis when we found out they were missing' They all behave with the same patterns- utter despair. Which the Mc Canns seemed lacking.
So what Betty has said, for me, is how a normal parent wold behave.i would be the same too. And that's what makes people suspicious of them. Can I ask? Do you have children? How do you think you would react? That's not to be rude, just a genuine question. As i do understand what you are saying but I also, from a mums perspective, can't rationalise Katrs behaviour as much as I try to.

Reactions: 25
I don’t know what field of medicine they both had worked in and done training in but isn’t there a school of thought that when you get bad news on a health matter you should try and stick to your routine as much as possible. To distract yourself as much as anything to stop yourself just overthinking and going into a downward spiral. I don’t think I necessarily would (and the next day does seem very soon) but if they spent time advising patients to do that maybe they would as well?

I don’t know what field of medicine they both had worked in and done training in but isn’t there a school of thought that when you get bad news on a health matter you should try and stick to your routine as much as possible. To distract yourself as much as anything to stop yourself just overthinking and going into a downward spiral. I don’t think I necessarily would (and the next day does seem very soon) but if they spent time advising patients to do that maybe they would as well?
But they should’ve helped with the search especially when it was still quite early and there were higher chances to find her (if she was taken, which I don’t believe - but they supposedly do) instead of wasting time playing and having other random people look for her (and I dont mean police here but locals and other holidaymakers).

Reactions: 10
But they should’ve helped with the search especially when it was still quite early and there were higher chances to find her (if she was taken, which I don’t believe - but they supposedly do) instead of wasting time playing and having other random people look for her (and I dont mean police here but locals and other holidaymakers).
Oh yes absolutely you would think they would help search. My point was just that people have different coping mechanisms. Like if a close family member dies some people can barely leave their house but others throw themselves into organising or continue to go to work to give themselves something to do.

I'm in my 60s and don't have children but at the time it happened I remember all my friends with children (who were much older by then) being horrified that the children were left alone in an unlocked apartment. They said that they would simply get a bottle of wine and sit out on their balcony or whatever while their children were in bed and that they never went out leaving them alone. Their children would have been born in the 1980s.

Reactions: 14
Unfortunately, they were hampered by not knowing what timeline they were working from. The Spanish border was only an hour or so away and from the time she was last seen to the time she was reported missing there was ample time for that to have been breeched.
This a million percent. I've said it before and I'll say it again those children were not being checked and maddie could've wondered off any time between 7pm and 9pm when they were finally checked.

I don't believe the children were being visited but I do think they were not being checked and either maddie wondered off and someone took her or someone came in and took her.

I think it's in the netflix documentary, a woman in Portugal came down the stairs to find a man that had previously stated he was working for a charity was in her house with her daughter. There was clearly something untoward happening in Portugal at that time and that poor baby was completely defenseless.

I was listening to a podcast about a young boy (9) who died of an asthma attack in the early hours of a cold november morning. They found him outside a neighbours house after trying to get help because his mum was a drug addict and out of it. She only recently went to jail for it years later cause the initial inquest acquitted her from any wrong doing. It's the same thing imo - I appreciate that the asthma attack lead to his death but his mother who was off her face on drugs is partly responsible.
Hakeem's mother was fully responsible for his death imo. She was using his inhaler as a crack pipe. Such a tragic case. Sorry for the derail.

Reactions: 9
Yes it showed gross insensitivity

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wasn’t the doctor that allegedly sucked him finger and mimed rubbing his chest talking to Gerry at the time? Didn’t the statements say the witness heard him say to Gerry something along the lines of Madeleine would be good at that with the finger sucking Obviously implying it was something else. It’s been a while since I’ve fell down the rabbit hole but what kind of father allows another man to say that about his toddler daughter? Thats sick.

I don’t buy the abduction theory. There’s no evidence she was abducted. Kate claimed the shutters were jemmied, they were not. The apartment was left unlocked. Only finger prints on the sill were hers.
Im sorry but no decent parent if they thought their child was abducted or even missing would carry on going jogging and tennis lessons. They never bothered their asses even looking for her. Says it all really.

Didn‘t the dogs also alert on Kate and she explained it as the scent of death came from her clothes that she has been wearing to work? But she was a part time GP, what GP would wear jeans and holiday type clothes to work?

Didn‘t the dogs also alert on Kate and she explained it as the scent of death came from her clothes that she has been wearing to work? But she was a part time GP, what GP would wear jeans and holiday type clothes to work?
What GP regularly deals with dead bodies!? Some of the things they came out with were absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.