Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get what you are trying to say here. And I understand this case divides alot of opinion for sure. But I think, any parent who would be put in the position of their child going missing in a foreign country would be beside themselves with worry. Of all the high profile cases eg- Sarah Payne, April Jones, Ben Needham, James bulger (Im just using these examples as we have all read extensive coverage) iv never seen one parent say 'oh we went off and played tennis when we found out they were missing' They all behave with the same patterns- utter despair. Which the Mc Canns seemed lacking.
So what Betty has said, for me, is how a normal parent wold behave.i would be the same too. And that's what makes people suspicious of them. Can I ask? Do you have children? How do you think you would react? That's not to be rude, just a genuine question. As i do understand what you are saying but I also, from a mums perspective, can't rationalise Katrs behaviour as much as I try to.
Yes all other parents who have been through this agonising experience have been in deep despair and I don't recall any of them indulging in a spot of tennis the following day. I don't have kids but I know if my cat went missing I would be worried sick and if I never found him I would be wondering for ever what exactly happenned. But a child going missing must be a million time worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What GP regularly deals with dead bodies!? Some of the things they came out with were absolutely ridiculous.
Apparently her. The excuses were and are ridiculous. But what’s worse is nobody challenged that in the media. They were so quick to sue any of the press that reported logically. Or even dared to say they were neglectful. Because they were. Repeatedly.

Reactions: 22
They lost the last case recently against Conçalvez (the Portugese policeman who wrote that book) They lost the first round and decided to try to persuade the European Courts of Justice to persecute him instead - they failed. What next then?

The Maddie Fund is paying for all this of course

Reactions: 15
They lost the last case recently against Conçalvez (the Portugese policeman who wrote that book) They lost the first round and decided to try to persuade the European Courts of Justice to persecute him instead - they failed. What next then?

The Maddie Fund is paying for all this of course
So much effort by them pursuing that Portuguese cop for so little. They said his allegations were 'harming the search for Madeleine' which I'd take with a pinch of salt. Maybe it changed attitudes in Portugal (I don't know without living there) but not here.

Reactions: 5
I am so pleased they lost that case. The correct decision.
They owe him a LOT of money - surely that will clean them out now once and for all ?

Reactions: 8
Hi all my first post but have followed this case from the start and often lost hours looking at different opinions etc, while looking at you tube videos I came across this lady, apologies if this has already been covered but I found all 3 of her Madeleine videos interesting, thought I'd share for anybody open to all ways of looking at things, not sure how to add a link but she's called Amanda Ellis and the first video she did is is called original and reinstated 2018 (she was threatened and took it down but later reposted, she explains why)

Reactions: 11
This case is so bizarre. The work Sonia Poulton and Richard Hall have done on it is outstanding in my opinion.

It is absolutely astonishing how much funding went into investigating Madeleine’s “disappearance” and how successive governments and the MSM supported the McCanns unquestioningly for years, gaslighting (even to suicide) people who pushed against their version of events. Millions of ££ on absolutely nothing to keep a story alive. Disgraceful. I am hoping that their loss in the case against the Portuguese police detective means that their time in the spotlight is well and truly over.

I think more and more people question their narrative, especially as the MSM grip on information output has lessened in recent years. It really makes me sick the way every 2 years another photo fit shadowy figure is dragged up as a possible suspect for her “abduction”. Fewer and fewer people buy it, and it all distracts from the true heart of the story, little Madeleine and her suffering. I don’t think she will ever get justice. I hope Amelie and Sean are ok in their lives.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
When Christian B was first looked into with connections to this case, I thought I'd read somewhere Police had found evidence in the form of memory cards and the like buried underneath the body of his dead dog in an abandoned building he used to use.
After that it was said the Police had proof Madeleine was dead, and had presented their findings to the McCanns, but they were still searching for total proof as to who had actually killed her.
It then seemed to go quiet on the 'Find Madeleine' constant narrative from Kate & Gerry. It was like they shut up.
I took from this that some proof showing she was dead had been found on Brueckners devices, but they couldn't (and still can't) prove it was him who actually committed the crime. No proof, no charge, sadly.
Does anyone else remember this?

Reactions: 3
Well I’ve just watched James Bogart’s incredible 20-episode investigative report on the case. What a tour de force that is. Every single piece of evidence is gone through with a fine tooth comb in minute detail. It made total sense to me and I have no doubt of what happened to her after seeing that.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Well I’ve just watched James Bogart’s incredible 20-episode investigative report on the case. What a tour de force that is. Every single piece of evidence is gone through with a fine tooth comb in minute detail. It made total sense to me and I have no doubt of what happened to her after seeing that.
Where can I watch that? I’d like to see it

Reactions: 2
Where can I watch that? I’d like to see it
It’s on YouTube, it’s called “Madeleine McCann Case Solved”. Go to his channel where you’ll see the full list of the series. I would be very interested in discussing it if you do get around to watching it. The detail is phenomenal, I’ve never seen anything like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s on YouTube, it’s called “Madeleine McCann Case Solved”. Go to his channel where you’ll see the full list of the series. I would be very interested in discussing it if you do get around to watching it. The detail is phenomenal, I’ve never seen anything like it.
Thank you I’m going to make a start on it tonight x

Reactions: 4
What are your thoughts on what happened?

I’ll also try to watch it.

Reactions: 1
I'm gonna watch this now to get me through the ironing!

I am watching the first one. I have friends who live in luz (or did they’ve since moved but have other friends I know who still live there) I know Chaplins I’ve been there a few times. It’s a long walk from there back to the ocean club. I really hope they weren’t going to chaplins and leaving the kids behind.

• Sad
I'm gonna watch this now to get me through the ironing!
Oh great maybe we can all discuss when you’re done with it!
Warning - he speaks really slowly to begin with and you have to be prepared to be in it for the long haul!

I am watching the first one. I have friends who live in luz (or did they’ve since moved but have other friends I know who still live there) I know Chaplins I’ve been there a few times. It’s a long walk from there back to the ocean club. I really hope they weren’t going to chaplins and leaving the kids behind.
Oh wow, that’s so interesting. I think it’s in this one that he says the journey from the tapas bar to the apartment was about the length of a football pitch. Unthinkable that anyone would leave such young children by themselves at such a distance.

Reactions: 4
Oh great maybe we can all discuss when you’re done with it!
Warning - he speaks really slowly to begin with and you have to be prepared to be in it for the long haul!

Oh wow, that’s so interesting. I think it’s in this one that he says the journey from the tapas bar to the apartment was about the length of a football pitch. Unthinkable that anyone would leave such young children by themselves at such a distance.
Me too, going to put it on shortly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.