Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A co-worker worked as a travel agent before she came into insurance with me. Her travel agency would send two or three staff once a year to "audit" a resort, they would check out accommodation, activities, how supportive and informed staff were on local activities, the bars and restaurants, basically a bit of a free knees up for the staff sent. She audited the resort the McCanns were at, this was about two years before Maddie disappeared. She remembered the resort very well and her first comment was to call BS on Maddie and her siblings being left when the parents went out for the meal, my co-worker said on her audit the restaurant was like a creche at any time of day or night, every evening they dined buggies were lined up with kids asleep in them, it was very family friendly and this was expected and accepted in the resort. If working class people did what the McCanns did, they would be skewered in the press and the twins removed from their care, why are they being protected?

I don't have kids so can I ask parents here, would it not make more sense to have all the kids have a sleep over in one apartment with one adult and the families take turns doing this, so everyone gets a kid free night and the children are all safe and have fun too? It seems like the children were an inconvenience to these people, all day in kids camp then left to sleep in an apartment in a strange country at night, who does this, why even bring them if you as a parent are not spending time with them?

Reactions: 40
A co-worker worked as a travel agent before she came into insurance with me. Her travel agency would send two or three staff once a year to "audit" a resort, they would check out accommodation, activities, how supportive and informed staff were on local activities, the bars and restaurants, basically a bit of a free knees up for the staff sent. She audited the resort the McCanns were at, this was about two years before Maddie disappeared. She remembered the resort very well and her first comment was to call BS on Maddie and her siblings being left when the parents went out for the meal, my co-worker said on her audit the restaurant was like a creche at any time of day or night, every evening they dined buggies were lined up with kids asleep in them, it was very family friendly and this was expected and accepted in the resort. If working class people did what the McCanns did, they would be skewered in the press and the twins removed from their care, why are they being protected?

I don't have kids so can I ask parents here, would it not make more sense to have all the kids have a sleep over in one apartment with one adult and the families take turns doing this, so everyone gets a kid free night and the children are all safe and have fun too? It seems like the children were an inconvenience to these people, all day in kids camp then left to sleep in an apartment in a strange country at night, who does this, why even bring them if you as a parent are not spending time with them?
Yes Mark Warner offered a baby sitting service, there was no reason at all that those children should have been left alone. None. They were deliberately left alone because (I believe) that the Mccans had arranged for the children to be visited by pedophiles. The kids were all drugged to keep them asleep to allow them to be abused. Now, either Maddy was killed intentionally or accidentally but they then covered the whole thing up and had the connections to help them do so.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

I actually couldn't get through the book for that reason. The beginning of book is just talk of their routine and they would drop them off at the creche first thing and go off to play tennis. Not a direct quote cause I can't remember but she talks about how they would pick them up at like 5pm and Maddie would be begging for dinner and to go to bed cause she was exhausted. This is no hate to kids clubs/creches or parents who use them cause I remember loving them as child but christ that's hardly a family holiday is it? Especially given how young they were. I was never put into the kids club. I was old enough to ask to go or made friends who were going and went along.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I've used kids clubs, not every day but if there was an activity they were interested in and they wanted to book in, we did. But the McCanns probably should have taken an adult only holiday, it didn't look like they did any family things. We always took ours out in the evening, lots of people did. Honestly when mine were little I would have debated going to the clothes line never mind leaving them alone whilst I went out for dinner. Whatever happened to that child ultimately they're responsible and totally irresponsible. The arrogance of them to blame anyone else is staggering, their child and other children are the victims. It wasn't a different time back then, I have a couple of kids older than Madeline and I'm considerably younger that G and K, it wasn't the done thing and it wasn't typical.
It was in the front of parents minds what happened in Soham and with Sarah Payne, most of us were helicoptering.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It still pisses me off that had these two assholes been from a grotty sink estate who had left their kids alone to go out on the razz in some club then they would have been obliterated by the media.

As it is these two paragons of society, doctors no less, can do it and the media leaps to defend them, moreover they back a massive campaign to raise money for these shysters to fund God knows what, pay off their sizeable mortgage etc. Its a lucrative business innit?

• Heart
The group tried the buffet restaurant on the first two evenings where you could bring children and line up the buggies but it was found wanting for some reason so they insisted on reserving the large table at the tapas bar (where there was a no children policy - understandably). Presumably they preferred the cooler vibe of the bar over the family friendly buffet restaurant but they were on a family holiday after all, so why were the children treated as an inconvenience?

I find it revealing that the bar had a no reservation policy (but bowed to pressure) and only one large table. So the group felt so arrogant as to commandeer all that space every evening for their own whims and at the risk of those poor children. These are people very used to getting what they want and not being challenged or told no.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It still pisses me off that had these two assholes been from a grotty sink estate who had left their kids alone to go out on the razz in some club then they would have been obliterated by the media.

As it is these two paragons of society, doctors no less, can do it and the media leaps to defend them, moreover they back a massive campaign to raise money for these shysters to fund God knows what, pay off their sizeable mortgage etc. Its a lucrative business innit?
I hate to say it, but I also think the fact that she was a little girl with blonde hair and very pretty helped

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I've used kids clubs, not every day but if there was an activity they were interested in and they wanted to book in, we did. But the McCanns probably should have taken an adult only holiday, it didn't look like they did any family things. We always took ours out in the evening, lots of people did. Honestly when mine were little I would have debated going to the clothes line never mind leaving them alone whilst I went out for dinner. Whatever happened to that child ultimately they're responsible and totally irresponsible. The arrogance of them to blame anyone else is staggering, their child and other children are the victims. It wasn't a different time back then, I have a couple of kids older than Madeline and I'm considerably younger that G and K, it wasn't the done thing and it wasn't typical.
It was in the front of parents minds what happened in Soham and with Sarah Payne, most of us were helicoptering.
Yes Mavis! They are absolutely to blame for whatever happenned to that little girl, whether they "know" about it or not.
Billions of other parents don't leave their children ALONE in an apartment to protect their Me Time, they also don't continue with their tennis lessons when their child is missing.......................................... too much of this entire charade does not add up, yet onwards it goes.

Reactions: 22
Yes Mavis! They are absolutely to blame for whatever happenned to that little girl, whether they "know" about it or not.
Billions of other parents don't leave their children ALONE in an apartment to protect their Me Time, they also don't continue with their tennis lessons when their child is missing.......................................... too much of this entire charade does not add up, yet onwards it goes.
Exactly! Christ, I wouldn’t have been able to stand never mind play bloody tennis. You’d be searching high and low for your missing baby or staying glued to the twins to make sure nothing happened to them.

Reactions: 17
Would you not, oh I don't know just musing here, NOT go to your tennis lessons and stay with your twins who must have been confused and wondering where their big sister was? As a parent would you not want to watch the twins like a hawk and just hold them? Again, not a parent but that is how I would feel if anything happened to my nieces or nephews.

• Heart
I did not know about the tennis lesson. Umm?
Tbh I don't think I've ever bought into the theory the parents harmed her, I listen and I read about it but I don't really have an opinion on that. There is something about Gerry though, its just my instinct I think.
They were making leads with that German? guy I thought?

Reactions: 6
It was the washing her Teddy that most stood out to me. 🤯 my daughter had a special Teddy and if something ever happened to her I would want it to smell like her for forever.

Reactions: 27
It was the washing her Teddy that most stood out to me. 🤯 my daughter had a special Teddy and if something ever happened to her I would want it to smell like her for forever.
Bleaching the teddy, answering “no comment” to every single question asked by the police, mobile phones being switched off at the same times, calling former prime ministers in the hours after she disappeared…..they are guilty as sin.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
They were deliberately left alone because (I believe) that the Mccans had arranged for the children to be visited by pedophiles.
This is mad to me - where has the theory come from that they were knowingly involved in the abuse of their children by a third party? And why would they agree to that?!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is mad to me - where has the theory come from that they were knowingly involved in the abuse of their children by a third party? And why would they agree to that?!
The men in the group were bathing each other’s kids. That’s in an official witness statement from a former friend. Creepy as duck.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
The men in the group were bathing each other’s kids. That’s in an official witness statement from a former friend. Creepy as duck.
Would you have an issue with the parent's female friend bathing the kids or just a male friend? Yes there is a lot dodgy about this whole case but this proves absolutely nothing.

Reactions: 1
Wasn't there a statement from a lady in the group that involved finger sucking.

Reactions: 6

I have been to Portugal twice when my kids were little. A different resort though. Anyway we chose Portugal for how family friendly we had heard from friends etc. we took our toddlers out every night to restaurants in their buggies so they could fall asleep on walk back to apartment. The staff in the restaurants always made time and entertained all the little kids eating out with their parents. That’s why I found it strange that the McCain’s didn’t do this but were quite happy to have them alone in apartment while they were out eating. Very strange

Reactions: 10
Would you have an issue with the parent's female friend bathing the kids or just a male friend? Yes there is a lot dodgy about this whole case but this proves absolutely nothing.
Well of course there’s no proof, otherwise there would have been consequences.
The former friend witness statement is a bunch of red flags. As is one of the men’s description of Madeleine to the police. It was like he was describing a hot 20 year old woman.

And I’d have an issue with nearly anyone bathing my children. But statistically speaking child sex offenders are overwhelmingly male 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Have you done any research into this case at all?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.