Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Savewaterdrinkgin

Chatty Member
Is it true the two youngest didn't wake up once it was discovered Maddie was missing ? And did they ever get drug tested ?
Yes it’s true and no they refused

Random q - Maddie was ivf, are the McCanns biological parents or did they use any donors?
they say biological so I have no reason to doubt that, I think she looks just like Kate. there were rumours of a surrogacy/egg donor but there’s no proof to claim so.

it’s funny you mention about the known P as that’s what I was getting at with my social worker comment, she recognised him from a case she was on. Gerry also has a CATS file which only exist if you have a criminal record for child abuse, however the information in it was removed suddenly for unknown reasons.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30

Vee6

VIP Member
Ugh that theory about Madeline never existing just broke my heart. The poor little girl, whatever happened she was real and needs to be mourned and remembered as the real person she was.

• Sad
  • Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
My theory for what it's worth (so nothing)

Parents gave the children something to help them sleep through the night, so parents could have a meal out with friends.
Something went wrong with the dose, I would guess not enough for Maddie, she wakes and is drowsy, falls and injures herself. She doesn't survive.
When she is found the parents panic, if it's discovered they are dosing up the kids it's goodbye to their medical careers, goodbye twins, goodbye nice, respectable lifestyle where people admire and look up to them.
It was reported in the first few days of Maddie going missing that a sports holdall was in the apartment belonging to Gerry, that bag is seen on holiday footage in the wardrobe but after "abduction" never seen again.
After discovery Maddie's remains are placed in the bag, bag stored somewhere outside of apartment. Police are alerted to her disappearance. Chaos breaks out, search begins.
The parents continue with their tennis lessons, rather than search for their daughter.
At some point the bag with remains are retrieved, put into boot of new hire car and disposed of (into the sea?, If a friend on the holiday did this we now have a motive for all remaining silent)
Fundraising begins in earnest, Pope and various celebs are dragged into meeting the McCann's.
A series of sightings, predators are alleged over the years, all conveniently dead, terminally ill or already in prison. No progress is made.

The questions I think need answering:

When was the last independent, verified sighting of Maddie? Not as reported by parents, friends or any signing in or out of kids club but an actual unrelated party that can say the time and day they last saw her? (Establish timeline)
Are there facilities at the tennis lessons for those attending to store personal items in a locker area? (Store bag and remains)
The cadaver dogs alerted to an area behind the couch in the apartment (the fatal fall?)
Also the bottom of the wardrobe (where the sports bag was spotted in the holiday video, where the remains were initially placed?) then the boot of the new hire car (remains moved and disposed of?)
The dogs used have worked extensively with law enforcement worldwide, the FBI have used them successfully, so why was Gerry so dismissive and smug when asked about them with the comment, "ask the dogs" and then laughing it off when questioned over why they alerted to blood and human remains. What about any of this is funny to him?
Very good post.
I couldn't get my head around Gerry dismissing the dog evidence. If it was my child and I was innocent, I'd be interested in it and want to know more about it. Instead he just laughs it off and dismisses it and gets defensive. Very weird personality that man has.

And_that's_okay!

VIP Member
If they didn't kill her themselves, they still left them kids alone so they are still guilty of her murder in my eyes. I don't even go in my garden when my child is in bed incase they need me let alone a restaurant in an apartment complex where I am completely out of earshot and there are pools around.

These are meant to be educated people. Fuck sake.

The mother did a press conference days after with a full face of make-up. I'm sorry, I'd not be applying my make-up or earrings if my child was missing.

Winnie Bennett went to the Moors with a spade to look for her beloved son Keith whilst this child's mother did her make-up and put on her jewellery.

They're guilty regardless.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Imo they were guilty as soon as they left 3 toddlers alone in a room. It ends there for me. Even if it was a stranger abduction, they still shoulder responsibility for their part to play.

I was listening to a podcast about a young boy (9) who died of an asthma attack in the early hours of a cold november morning. They found him outside a neighbours house after trying to get help because his mum was a drug addict and out of it. She only recently went to jail for it years later cause the initial inquest acquitted her from any wrong doing. It's the same thing imo - I appreciate that the asthma attack lead to his death but his mother who was off her face on drugs is partly responsible.
Completely agree. Completely. As has already been said, this would have played out very differently had the McCanns been unemployed, living in a council
Flat and from a “rough” town. It’s actually disgusting that they are in some corners hailed as the poor parents - like, no I’m sorry but they LEFT 3 TODDLERS ALONE IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY AT NIGHT IN AN UNLOCKED GROUND FLOOR APARTMENT so that they could go for dinner……….. (if we are to believe their version of events) like what the fuck!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
Either way they ARE rubbish parents due to their own negligence. What stands out for me is that whilst most of Praia del Luz were scouring the town and surrounding area for Their Daughter, these two went off to have their previously booked tennis lesson! I mean WTF????????

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
There wouldn't have been a crime if the parents hadn't been so crap and selfish. They literally left the door open for any criminals. Had they taken the children with them, then there would have been no crime. So, yes, one thing lead to another.

• Haha

HEC1993

Chatty Member
I’m sorry but still to this day my mind always goes back to HOW AND WHY would you go on holiday and leave your kids alone. I still don’t know if I think they did it or not but they are responsible either way for leaving them on their own. Especially two highly educated people, who would be well aware of safeguarding etc. Just baffles me.

• Heart

Somerset girl

VIP Member
I read something that said that people on the scene were struck by how casual Kate was about the twins never waking. She just reached down and checked their pulse and breathing or whatever. It was as though she knew that they were drugged, not frantically checking her children after their sister had supposedly been kidnapped.
I've never understood after finding Maddie missing she left the twins to go back to the bar. Surely if you've just lost one kids you make damn sure to keep the other two near you?!

Magwitch

I‘ve read, they had the keys to the church, where there was a corpse in a coffin already, which got burnt soon after. There are theories, they hid her corpse in there. Ofc I don’t know what about all of that is true. But since she was never found, that might have happened. A very macabre story though.
And for me it is also unlikely for a dad, who accidentally killed his daughter, to be THIS cheerful few days after.
I'm sorry but this is just so ridiculous. So they are on holiday, somehow find out there is a coffin in a local church, somehow manage to get the keys to the church, then smuggle a body in there, break into the coffin and leave again, without anyone seeing anything or noticing anything?

• Haha
  • Heart

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
If those two and their Me Time had not been so important they would still have three children.

They chose to leave the children ostensibly asleep in the apartment to pursue their Adults Only dinner engagement with their mates - nobody else - if they'd not left their three little ones alone then this would not have happenned. OK it might perhaps have been any of the other children from the group who were left supposedly asleep when abducted (with the McCanns being the unlucky ones that night whom the abductor selected), but it does not alter the FACT that you simply DO NOT go out and leave the kids alone in a strange place in an unlocked apartment!

I'm wondering how different it would have been if it had been Tracy & Gary from some sink estate who went out on the razzle leaving their children alone in their apartment - how different would the reaction have been to them?

I remain resolute that I don't think these two paragons of parenthood killed the child but they sure as hell made it nice and easy for the abductor to walk in and snatch their daughter away leaving too many unanswered questions :( That they most certainly ARE guilty of;
I said from the start that if it had been Tracy and Gary from a council estate holidaying in Magaluf, they would have been absolutely crucified by the press and their lives would have been ruined. Social Services would also probably have taken the remaining kids into care.

Reactions: 28

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
A co-worker worked as a travel agent before she came into insurance with me. Her travel agency would send two or three staff once a year to "audit" a resort, they would check out accommodation, activities, how supportive and informed staff were on local activities, the bars and restaurants, basically a bit of a free knees up for the staff sent. She audited the resort the McCanns were at, this was about two years before Maddie disappeared. She remembered the resort very well and her first comment was to call BS on Maddie and her siblings being left when the parents went out for the meal, my co-worker said on her audit the restaurant was like a creche at any time of day or night, every evening they dined buggies were lined up with kids asleep in them, it was very family friendly and this was expected and accepted in the resort. If working class people did what the McCanns did, they would be skewered in the press and the twins removed from their care, why are they being protected?

I don't have kids so can I ask parents here, would it not make more sense to have all the kids have a sleep over in one apartment with one adult and the families take turns doing this, so everyone gets a kid free night and the children are all safe and have fun too? It seems like the children were an inconvenience to these people, all day in kids camp then left to sleep in an apartment in a strange country at night, who does this, why even bring them if you as a parent are not spending time with them?
Yes Mark Warner offered a baby sitting service, there was no reason at all that those children should have been left alone. None. They were deliberately left alone because (I believe) that the Mccans had arranged for the children to be visited by pedophiles. The kids were all drugged to keep them asleep to allow them to be abused. Now, either Maddy was killed intentionally or accidentally but they then covered the whole thing up and had the connections to help them do so.

• Sad
  • Wow

Pennypennypenny

VIP Member
No, there was no good evidence about him from what I recall. A few people said he was getting 'too close' to the search and seemed odd, please someone correct me if there's more to it, its ages since I read Kate's book.

I always thought the abductor was most likely someone who worked in the Ocean Club, or a friend of someone who did and was tipped off.

Re the CATS file, where did you hear this?
Robert Murat and Gerry McCann both turned their phones off within six minutes of each other for 32 hours and then back on again within six minutes of each other. Bizzare or what!
when asked if he knew Robert Murat before hand Gerry arrogantly replied that he wouldn’t answer the question . Dodgy as fuck

• Wow

Lady_H

VIP Member
By their own admittance Madeleine, a 3 year old, asked why they didn’t come when she woke up and cried the previous night. Who then leaves that child alone again the following night?

• Sad

Savewaterdrinkgin

Chatty Member
As much as I wish they hadn’t done it, nothing adds up. Some people question why they’d hurt their daughter and keep it public, others look between the lines. I for one don’t understand why Kate on holiday decided to drive to a supermarket and buy bleach, despite having a cleaner. The pj found blood splatters on the walls of the hotel which had been scrubbed with bleach. They denied all knowledge then Kate said Madeleine had a noise bleed and cut her knee. A doctor came forward with their view on the blood splatters that they would have only come from trauma to the brain after a fall. If they were innocent why deny then admit it was madeleines blood, then try to explain it away with something that wouldn’t cause splashes of blood up the wall? I’ve added a lot of factual info on the previous threads which were ripped apart by McCann defenders, but anyone who really looks into those facts will realise nothing seems genuine or innocent.

Toffeebythesea

VIP Member
It was the washing her Teddy that most stood out to me. 🤯 my daughter had a special Teddy and if something ever happened to her I would want it to smell like her for forever.

Reactions: 27

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
Ok…here goes.
My ex was a controlling man. At the time we were a very happy family, Enid Blyton type. But only because I did everything to make life easy, kids well behaved, smart, clean, no arguments. I was on a permanent diet, hair always just right, dressed smartly. Great cook but we only ate what he liked.
Life was bliss…as long as we did what he wanted.
I won’t bore you details but at that time, if he had insisted we went for a meal and left the children alone then I would have done it.
Anything to maintain the happy family. I really believed I was doing the best for my children.
When I look at Kate, I see me and him.

When I did stand up to him…I got promoted at work, was earning the same so queried why I could not make family decisions then he punished me by having an affair. It wasn’t the first, he did it to show I was not indispensable. But it gave me the courage to break free. My big mistake was not being open with my children and telling them how I had been bullied.

Kate is carrying guilt and still has two children to support and protect. She is hiding something.
When I look at her, I think….that could have been me, doing something I did not want to do just to keep everyone happy.
I’m so glad you escaped, because that is what you did!

I agree to a point about Kate, I think Gerry is very controlling BUT Kate has a temper, in her book she mentions kicking the leg off of a bed in the days after Maddie disappeared, plus the vengeance she had for Snr Amaral is concerning.

i'll tell you tattlers another thing. It’s a small world but I worked with alongside our doctors surgery for a while. The doctor I liked the best actually went to med school with Gerry. 'Wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw him' he said. 😆

• Wow

Parsnipface

It's all conspiracy and part of me wonders if the spin doctor they hired engineered it to be this way.
There's so many things they did that make any sane human wince, so it's not easy to navigate a clear and accurate picture of what truly happened.
I couldn't rule out anything from child sexual exploitation or accidental overdose.
Those things are highly possible but my personal feelings are madeline was seriously injured or died in that apartment.
The cadavers smelt blood or death, (sorry rusty on details) in that apartment.
No innocent family can justify paying for a media spin doctor or mortgage payments from a fund that was for finding madeline and only that.
It's as scummy as mick phillpot using his kids funeral go fund me for a PlayStation and because they're middle class they've avoided the backlash he got, not saying I don't think he's a major cunt, but I'm sure you get my point.
I have read as much as I can from credible sources, from theorists, from mainstream media and YouTubers. There's no clear story and I think they've blocked there from being one since day one refusing to work with the Portuguese police.
They've done nothing but piss against the wind, refusing to help, not actively searching, BLEACHING CUDDLE CAT, liaising with known n0nce5, I'm not surprised that the the Web was crawling with conspiracy.
Does anyone remember the woman who killed herself after they cried troll? She didn't harass them, she didn't troll them, she was just trying to piece together what happened to madeline and because like most of us, most of the true crime community if you look around, she felt they were likely complicit in madelines death.
She was another tragedy of this case imo.
I think it's easy to say that people are "tin hat lunatics" but that may be apart of the plan, to make people look crazy when actually, most of the theories aren't ludicrous, they're all possible.
I think that's why nobody will ever know, but children don't usually vanish into thin air, with no signs of their remains.
The media attention madeline got was so huge and so quick if she was kidnapped, which I find unlikely due to no forced entry, then she'd have been left somewhere, probably harmed sexually and killed.
Nobody takes a child for reasons that aren't nefarious do they?
I also think Kate was trying to paint a very vivid picture describing madelines vagina being injured, why would you do that? So that image stays in your subconscious, it's simple gaslighting.
Maybe she was able to say that because either, she knows she died accidentally and that never happened, or she was allowing it and got a weird kick out of it.
Sad thing is, most of us could happily believe either of those situations being accurate and that's enough of this essay soz lads, as you were 🤣🤣

Also if a thread comes up for Lucy letby can someone let me know please? I've some serious suspicions about her.

• Sad

Roma890

Your posts are sensible and informative cee-bee. However, I'm sure you've noticed but there is a sizeable proportion of people in this thread that prefer to concoct a conspiracy theory. I often wonder why people do this and I think generally it is because people don't like the unknown so they fill in the gaps with a conspiracy theory. Or perhaps sometimes the real explanation isn't particularly exciting so they formulate a more interesting version of events. It's a consequence of the internet age unfortunately. Truth decay is a real thing.
This calls to mind the quote -
"Conspiracy theories only exist because true journalism doesn't exist anymore".

In todays climate, conspiracy theories are thrown about by the Establishment when those persuing the truth get too close. No doubt today, Nixons government would survive and Bernstein and Woodward thrown to the wolves.

I'm old and ugly enough to remember May 2007 - my then Father in Law, ex CID, said the case stunk to high heaven.

The then Prime Minister Gordon Brown -a friend of Gerry McCann - took it upon himself to speakout publicly ; a PR guru, Clarence Mitchell, was hired by the British Govt to navigate the media storm for the McCanns ; in the early weeks whilst most parents would be tearing up the Portuguese earth with their bare hands to find their missing daughter, the McCanns travelled from Portugal to the Vatican for an audience with the Pope. The memory of Ben Needham and the lack of support his Mother received from the British Consulate was very much in the public consciousness and the Public were asking uncomfortable questions.

This was 2007 - there was no social media. But it was the early days of forums and the Daily Mirror Forum was prolific in the pursuit of extra information from Portugal considering that the British Media was 100% in support of two parents who neglected three under fours at night in a foreign country and how bloody dare thicko Johnny Foreigner accuse two upstanding British Doctors of wrongdoing.

That extra information posted on the Forum from Portuguese Journalists and local British expats was a thorn in the side of the British Establishment who, with the advent of the InterWeb, struggled to keep a lid on the narrative and the Police investigation in Portugal.

I read her book - one of the most strangest reads ever. TRIGGER ALERT - this woman wrote about her daughters genitals being mutilated. She also described in great detail a three course meal she enjoyed at the pweirdo Clement Freuds house. In Praia de Luz..... Just 2 weeks after her daughters disappearance.....

Sixteen years on - I still support my ex Father In Laws position.

This case stinks to high heaven

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

MidnightAura

VIP Member
No it’s shit. I read Kate’s book, also shit. Doesnt doesn’t portray hers in a good light at all and says some very weird things 🤔
I’ve not read the book, I’ve saw snippets of it. Am I right in thinking it discusses her and Gerry’s sex life and describes Maddie’s perfect little genitals?

• Sick
  • Wow