Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because of the couple that seen her with the man in a petrol station, the woman was positive it was Maddie and she's a sensible looking person not someone that's just wanting 5 mins of fame ...look at all the kids that have been taken in the past and been found years later
But what makes you think she's still alive?

at the time the couple didn't know a child was missing if there knew they could have got her 😢

Reactions: 1
your interpretation is they offer nothing, although they were deemed important enough to be sent to Portugal after the McCanns were back in Rothley, Maybe it had something to do with a British child protection social worker's statement Yvonne Warren Martin, I would suggest other poster's google the Gasper statements and the case files for themselves, and allow them to form their own opinion
they don’t offer much by way of evidence. That doesn’t mean that a police force would just bin them. They are part of the case files, regardless of whether they are evidential or not.

Failing to see what value-add the Yvonne Martin statements have either. She may or may not have recognised David Payne. The couple didn’t like her questions. I’m sure this is the truth as Yvonne remembers it, but what evidential value does it have exactly? What facts does it prove? Does it support or corroborate other evidence? Again, it’s opinion, more than factual.

Reactions: 2
But what makes you think she's still alive?
Because he would have done what he was going to do 😢then kill her straight away ...it seems like he was building a relationship with Maddie taking her into the petrol station so hopefully she could still be alive somewhere with him ( and her a couple?)

Yvonne Martin was a rubber necking busybody. Didn't she admit writing anon notes to the police?

Reactions: 1
If she was kidnapped there would have been a lead by now. All the supposed leads were red flags. Like Robert Murat who was set up, The pweirdo in prison. They blamed everyone they could. The police didn’t investigate a kidnapping because there was no proof she was taken. If they had done such a poor job then the U.K. police would have take action. I’m not sure what files some people are reading but they’re clearly not the same ones as I and others have read. If the mccanns and friends hadn’t contaminated the crime scene the police may have got different results.
there have been leads, just.. no credible ones so far. A lack of any further leads, means it’s logical to look to the parents, naturally. But there isn’t much credible evidence against the McCanns either.

the police did investigate it as an abduction, they were just slow about it.

if the police had properly secured the crime scene then maybe they would’ve found results. It was never the job of the McCanns to secure a crime scene or evidence. That responsibility, on a legal and ethical front - lies solely with the police body whose jurisdiction the crime came under.

maybe the McCanns did try and mess up the crime scene - but where’s the evidence that this was done on purpose? The hotel cleaning service was responsible for cleaning the room (destroying forensics), the police allowed the McCanns to remove personal belongings from the apartment etc.

The reality is, the McCanns could only have messed up the crime scene… if the GNR hadn’t secured it. Had they secured it properly upon arrival at 11pm, the McCanns or any possible co-conspirators, wouldn’t have been able to mess it up. The same police who failed to conduct door to door searches and interviews in the following hours of the disappearance. The same police who have a catalogue of failures.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
yes! Of course! Why wouldn’t they? It isn’t about believing the parents without question. It’s about the most likely scenario - if the destrought parents are claiming that their child is gone and has been taken, and there’s a scene with a missing child and suggestion of an intruder (Open windo) then DUH of course you follow that as a line of enquiry.

it doesn’t have to be the only line of enquiry, but it definitely should be followed up as one.

honestly, it’s accepted generally that the Portuguese police didn’t do a great job. I don’t know why people are bending over backwards to try and reach ridiculous logics to exonerate them, or the what-about-ism.
Why would an “abductor” open a window and go through that when the actual door was unlocked? 🤔

Why would an “abductor” open a window and go through that when the actual door was unlocked? 🤔
I don’t know? Just because a window was open, doesn’t meant they left that way. Did they pass maddie to an associate through the window? Did they check the coast was clear via the window? Is the window a red herring completely? Maybe Kate misremembered amidst the chaos?

Let’s check the forensic evidence reports collected from the scene that day, because that would contain the most clues, and let’s reference the witness statements the police took from neighbours that evening.

oh wait, there aren’t any.

Reactions: 2
The window could not open wide enough for a person to get in or out, it was too small. The only finger prints on the window were Kate’s where she tried to open it to prove her point, and then found it didn’t open wide enough. That’s when they said the door was ajar. People in stressful situations can act out of character, but to consistently lie until a story sounds plausible doesn’t sound like the best route in order to find their child.

can you tell me how if the mccanns didn’t call the police for an hour that the police are responsible for the crime scene in that hour, seeing as you know everything?
Anyone with brain cells knows if a crime has taken place to not touch or move anything until the police arrive. The mccanns called sky news and wrote a timeline to get their story straight. I don’t know about you but where I’m from parents would run around screaming their child’s name if they couldn’t find them, and many would assume they were hiding or had got scared and gone to look for them. Kate admitted she never looked for Madeleine, not even once.
it’s a really sad world we’re in that people still try to defend child neglecters and abusers. I truly hope your ‘professionalism’ doesn’t put you in a public facing role. Disregarding the evidence is essentially victim blaming, and the victim is Madeleine.

Also please add your opinion about why there wasn’t any dna of madeleines to be used for the forensics? Gerry had to fly home for her pillow. Where was her dirty washing to be used? Where were the light up trainers the cleaner admired in her statement? You’re telling me two doctors let their toddlers share toothbrushes and clothes, not a chance.

Reactions: 9
The reality is, the McCanns could only have messed up the crime scene… if the GNR hadn’t secured it. Had they secured it properly upon arrival at 11pm, the McCanns or any possible co-conspirators, wouldn’t have been able to mess it up. The same police who failed to conduct door to door searches and interviews in the following hours of the disappearance. The same police who have a catalogue of failures.
Not quite sure how you arrive there. The crime scene was messed up before the police were even aware there was a crime scene. After she was found to be missing and in that period before the police arrived, the apartment had been searched by various holiday makers and members of staff (understandably) and the infamous shutters had been raised, lowered and tampered with by at least one person, possibly more (less understandably).

Not sure how you get the police didn’t do door to door or interviews in the hours following the disappearance when there are actually statements in the files from people in the complex from that night.

Not quite sure how you arrive there. The crime scene was messed up before the police were even aware there was a crime scene. After she was found to be missing and in that period before the police arrived, the apartment had been searched by various holiday makers and members of staff (understandably) and the infamous shutters had been raised, lowered and tampered with by at least one person, possibly more (less understandably).

Not sure how you get the police didn’t do door to door or interviews in the hours following the disappearance when there are actually statements in the files from people in the complex from that night.
yip totally! I've been to Praia Da Luz seen the apartment and the thing that struck me was how narrow the streets actually were, The Tapas Bar was deffo not like dining in your back garden,

Reactions: 4
Your posts are sensible and informative cee-bee. However, I'm sure you've noticed but there is a sizeable proportion of people in this thread that prefer to concoct a conspiracy theory. I often wonder why people do this and I think generally it is because people don't like the unknown so they fill in the gaps with a conspiracy theory. Or perhaps sometimes the real explanation isn't particularly exciting so they formulate a more interesting version of events. It's a consequence of the internet age unfortunately. Truth decay is a real thing.
This calls to mind the quote -
"Conspiracy theories only exist because true journalism doesn't exist anymore".

In todays climate, conspiracy theories are thrown about by the Establishment when those persuing the truth get too close. No doubt today, Nixons government would survive and Bernstein and Woodward thrown to the wolves.

I'm old and ugly enough to remember May 2007 - my then Father in Law, ex CID, said the case stunk to high heaven.

The then Prime Minister Gordon Brown -a friend of Gerry McCann - took it upon himself to speakout publicly ; a PR guru, Clarence Mitchell, was hired by the British Govt to navigate the media storm for the McCanns ; in the early weeks whilst most parents would be tearing up the Portuguese earth with their bare hands to find their missing daughter, the McCanns travelled from Portugal to the Vatican for an audience with the Pope. The memory of Ben Needham and the lack of support his Mother received from the British Consulate was very much in the public consciousness and the Public were asking uncomfortable questions.

This was 2007 - there was no social media. But it was the early days of forums and the Daily Mirror Forum was prolific in the pursuit of extra information from Portugal considering that the British Media was 100% in support of two parents who neglected three under fours at night in a foreign country and how bloody dare thicko Johnny Foreigner accuse two upstanding British Doctors of wrongdoing.

That extra information posted on the Forum from Portuguese Journalists and local British expats was a thorn in the side of the British Establishment who, with the advent of the InterWeb, struggled to keep a lid on the narrative and the Police investigation in Portugal.

I read her book - one of the most strangest reads ever. TRIGGER ALERT - this woman wrote about her daughters genitals being mutilated. She also described in great detail a three course meal she enjoyed at the pweirdo Clement Freuds house. In Praia de Luz..... Just 2 weeks after her daughters disappearance.....

Sixteen years on - I still support my ex Father In Laws position.

This case stinks to high heaven

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
This calls to mind the quote -
"Conspiracy theories only exist because true journalism doesn't exist anymore".

In todays climate, conspiracy theories are thrown about by the Establishment when those persuing the truth get too close. No doubt today, Nixons government would survive and Bernstein and Woodward thrown to the wolves.

I'm old and ugly enough to remember May 2007 - my then Father in Law, ex CID, said the case stunk to high heaven.

The then Prime Minister Gordon Brown -a friend of Gerry McCann - took it upon himself to speakout publicly ; a PR guru, Clarence Mitchell, was hired by the British Govt to navigate the media storm for the McCanns ; in the early weeks whilst most parents would be tearing up the Portuguese earth with their bare hands to find their missing daughter, the McCanns travelled from Portugal to the Vatican for an audience with the Pope. The memory of Ben Needham and the lack of support his Mother received from the British Consulate was very much in the public consciousness and the Public were asking uncomfortable questions.

This was 2007 - there was no social media. But it was the early days of forums and the Daily Mirror Forum was prolific in the pursuit of extra information from Portugal considering that the British Media was 100% in support of two parents who neglected three under fours at night in a foreign country and how bloody dare thicko Johnny Foreigner accuse two upstanding British Doctors of wrongdoing.

That extra information posted on the Forum from Portuguese Journalists and local British expats was a thorn in the side of the British Establishment who, with the advent of the InterWeb, struggled to keep a lid on the narrative and the Police investigation in Portugal.

I read her book - one of the most strangest reads ever. TRIGGER ALERT - this woman wrote about her daughters genitals being mutilated. She also described in great detail a three course meal she enjoyed at the pweirdo Clement Freuds house. In Praia de Luz..... Just 2 weeks after her daughters disappearance.....

Sixteen years on - I still support my ex Father In Laws position.

This case stinks to high heaven

yes I read her book and the Clement Freud part really stood out to me, I found it strange up until her book release we had never heard about their meeting extremely strange when the McCanns were quick enough to tell us about other famous people that had offered their support, of course Clements Son happened to be married to Elizabeth Murdoch at the time Rupert Murdoch's daughter Matthew his son also ran a PR company called Freud Communications which sure had links to Gordon Browns wife it was sometime later that Clement died and his disgusting past came out

My thoughts entirely - I was a member of 3 Arguidos at the start of this sorry saga and followed the case for years. Glad to have found there is a forum here where discussion of the case still goes on.
yes I ventured onto the 3Arguidos after reading GM blog

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Gerry’s blog … WTF was all that about ?
It must be still knocking around somewhere. I need to re read his utter self deflecting bull tit again.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.