Madeleine McCann #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don’t understand about the accident theory is how they could still be so cold and emotionless about it. People say they didn’t react correctly if she had been kidnapped but if they knew she had died in an unexpected accident wouldn’t they still be devastated? But they still had the clarity of thought to cover it up so well nothing couldn’t be proven to link them to it

Reactions: 10
What questions though, and by whom?

I agree that fewer people are buying the bullshit, but this case is now so deeply woven into the fabric of British memory, culture and politics that it would be career-ending for anyone in the mainstream who tried to go back to that original evidence, sift through it as painstakingly as James Bogart has done and package it in a way the public would understand. I really can’t ever see it happening.
For example, with the huge focus on unsolved crime as a genre I could see a true crime podcast taking a fresh look at everything. Particularly if it was an American podcast so free of the cultural and political burden we have here in Britain. I don’t think it would solve anything (like for Adnan Syed) but it could bring a lot of information (like what is discussed in these threads) into the mainstream. Might need a hook though, someone like Katherina Gaspar agreeing to be interviewed for it (unlikely).

Reactions: 7
I agree @Lady_H
They the Mccanns creative the narrative from day 1 and I think unless one of the gruesome twosome actually made some form of confession at some point we will never find out.
They're both supposedly devout Catholics. Do you think that they've ever told the truth in the confessional, because the story they told in public has numerous huge holes.

Reactions: 3
They're both supposedly devout Catholics. Do you think that they've ever told the truth in the confessional, because the story they told in public has numerous huge holes.
Didn't the priest at the church in Praia de Luz say he’d been deceived by the McCann’s?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Didn't the priest at the church in Praia de Luz say he’d been deceived by the McCann’s?
It's confusing as two priests were involved with the church it seems, the Portuguese RC parish priest and the Canadian Anglican priest who seemed to be more involved and regularly interviewed. Apparently it's the RC one who said that he was deceived.

Reactions: 4
They were not devout catholics, another statement from Kate’s own parents (like her dad telling the press she drugged the kids to make them sleep prior to the holiday). It was used to make them look like good, honest people who wouldn’t hurt a fly. It also gave them the opportunity to use the church free of press and eaves droppers. They had keys to come and go as they pleased. The comment about the mccanns deceiving the church has always come across as if one of them confessed or was overheard/caught doing something. They refused to help the mcanns from that moment onwards and even removed posters and traces of Madeleine from the church. Imo they are actions of someone who knows the child isn’t missing and won’t be found, which speaks a thousand words.

i do think Kate showed grief, but in the form of guilt. Not a typical mothers heartbreak at losing a child, but a fear and realisation. She aged terribly in a short time. It looked like she’d break many times which was when Gerry began holding her hand in interviews and not letting her speak. The cause implicates them both, so even if Kate did harm Madeleine there is a reason that prevents Gerry from telling the police and vice Versa. The group of friends made a ‘pact’ again proof they have something big to hide and would take each other down if they told anyone what happened that night.

Reactions: 21
What I don’t understand about the accident theory is how they could still be so cold and emotionless about it. People say they didn’t react correctly if she had been kidnapped but if they knew she had died in an unexpected accident wouldn’t they still be devastated? But they still had the clarity of thought to cover it up so well nothing couldn’t be proven to link them to it
Maybe they were both devastated, or at the very least in shock, but the clarity of thought isn’t surprising. They were both experienced doctors, capable of detaching emotionally and making difficult decisions quickly in very stressful situations. That is a skill that can be learned.

I can imagine the thought process was: our child is dead - police will be involved - this is going to turn into a criminal case (negligence) - we could lose reputation, livelihoods, even custody of remaining children - could go to prison - so we either take our chances with the Portuguese police - or, as we can’t bring Madeleine back, try to preserve our remaining family and life as best we can. Gerry then hatches the bare bones of a plan to take Madeleine somewhere he can hide her before deciding what to do next.

The accident theory is just a theory (it’s the one Alaverez was working with) and there are others. But all we can say for certain is that after 15 years there is not a single shred of actual evidence found by the Portuguese or the British police or Scotland Yard that points to someone entering that apartment from outside and taking Madeleine. And there is an awful lot of behavioural, witness, DNA and dog evidence that supports the accident cover up theory. I have not yet seen case evidence that supports the theory that either parent killed Madeleine intentionally.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Maybe they were both devastated, or at the very least in shock, but the clarity of thought isn’t surprising. They were both experienced doctors, capable of detaching emotionally and making difficult decisions quickly in very stressful situations. That is a skill that can be learned.

I can imagine the thought process was: our child is dead - police will be involved - this is going to turn into a criminal case (negligence) - we could lose reputation, livelihoods, even custody of remaining children - could go to prison - so we either take our chances with the Portuguese police - or, as we can’t bring Madeleine back, try to preserve our remaining family and life as best we can. Gerry then hatches the bare bones of a plan to take Madeleine somewhere he can hide her before deciding what to do next.

The accident theory is just a theory (it’s the one Alaverez was working with) and there are others. But all we can say for certain is that after 15 years there is not a single shred of actual evidence found by the Portuguese or the British police or Scotland Yard that points to someone entering that apartment from outside and taking Madeleine. And there is an awful lot of behavioural, witness, DNA and dog evidence that supports the accident cover up theory. I have not yet seen case evidence that supports the theory that either parent killed Madeleine intentionally.
I don’t think THEY killed her. I don’t think it was intentional. I think they allowed outside parties to have access to that apartment and to
Those children for the purpose of child abuse and while she was being abused she was killed or died from whatever sedative they had given her. They then covered the entire thing up to hide the fact that they were active members of a peadophile ring.

Reactions: 7
i haven’t to hand but I’ll try and find it. I read many things in the early days that all traces were later wiped of, because anyone who dared question them would be sued so everything was removed. Including Gerry posting to his blog he replaced the hotel fridge with his own money. Conveniently at the same time defrosting blood was found in theirhire car. But of course all traces of that are now gone because he incriminated himself! A good place to look for old information is the jillhavern forum if it’s still around.
The CATs file was opened years beforehand so it was something prior to the holiday, as much as I wish it was innocent it was a ‘full file’ but someone wiped it for unknown reasons.
Yes I was on there years ago, I probably knew you and 'purrr' by your names on there! I remember talk of Gerry¡s blog and the fridge but I think I appeared on the forums after that happened.

were you on the mirror forums first, that was good before Clarence got us all whooshed, and the 3 arguidos

I’m just watched the dog one - I can’t get past the dog evidence at all and GM comments about “tell the dogs Sandra” … dogs can’t lie?
It's impossible to ignore the fact that the dogs smelt death around the hired car, parts of the apartment, and some of Kate's clothes. But Operation Grange is clearly under orders to try to pin thd crime on ANYONE but the parents.

If they close operation grange the FOI will kick in.
I don’t think they want that and I suspect that’s why they keep it going.
They make me nauseous and so bloody angry.
Operation Grange is in essence Operation Find A Scapegoat. For very dark reasons the police are forbidden to even question the parents, let alone investigate what happened that week.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Interesting that about the only thing that they've been able to do is supposedly identify the man carrying a child as someone taking their own child from the crèche to their apartment. Funny how they were there when all the fuss was going on at the time and all over the media for months afterwards and never came forward to be ruled out for many years. One would think that anyone who was around at the supposedly vital time would put themselves forward for interview to be ruled out and redirect the investigation as the drawing and sighting was very well publicised.

Though it was still unlikely to be Gerry if he hid the body in the sports bag in the wardrobe as the dogs seem to indicate. But if it were, where would they have hidden her outside the apartment? Did anyone have a hire car then?

Reactions: 2
The suspected story on that is Gerry put her in the sports bag to transport her without suspicion. They were interrupted by the lady upstairs who asked them about the child crying, she was promptly told to duck off. The dog’s alerted to the flowerbed where they’d have been standing. Perhaps put the bag there out of sight of the lady upstairs. There were talks of ‘friends in high place’ who lived in the area who may have helped. Kate would always talk about the rocks on the beach and would sit there to remember madeleine, possibly taken away by boat? I think she was in a fridge or freezer for some time and they moved her with the hire car when they thought it was safe.
Either way this was all pre planned and something caused it to change, hence the panic and writing a timeline the night she went ‘missing’. A theory I always remembered was that the mccanns stayed in the public eye for their own safety, whoever was part of this situation could have been a famous or powerful man/woman and it would have put the mcanns in danger to confess. They lapped it up though, they used the fund to find Madeleine to pay off their mortgage and to get an extension built. Prior to the holiday they were poor and in debt, family had to buy them food. It was all money focused. It was always the plan for Madeleine to ‘go’ because if she got too old and told anyone what happens to her then they’d be in prison either way. It’s a disgusting thought but there are vile people out there who have children to abuse or to sell for abuse so they can profit from them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What was the story with Gerry supposedly replacing the freezer in the apartment, is this verified anywhere?

Reactions: 3
The suspected story on that is Gerry put her in the sports bag to transport her without suspicion. They were interrupted by the lady upstairs who asked them about the child crying, she was promptly told to duck off. The dog’s alerted to the flowerbed where they’d have been standing. Perhaps put the bag there out of sight of the lady upstairs. There were talks of ‘friends in high place’ who lived in the area who may have helped. Kate would always talk about the rocks on the beach and would sit there to remember madeleine, possibly taken away by boat? I think she was in a fridge or freezer for some time and they moved her with the hire car when they thought it was safe.
Either way this was all pre planned and something caused it to change, hence the panic and writing a timeline the night she went ‘missing’. A theory I always remembered was that the mccanns stayed in the public eye for their own safety, whoever was part of this situation could have been a famous or powerful man/woman and it would have put the mcanns in danger to confess. They lapped it up though, they used the fund to find Madeleine to pay off their mortgage and to get an extension built. Prior to the holiday they were poor and in debt, family had to buy them food. It was all money focused. It was always the plan for Madeleine to ‘go’ because if she got too old and told anyone what happens to her then they’d be in prison either way. It’s a disgusting thought but there are vile people out there who have children to abuse or to sell for abuse so they can profit from them.
How would two doctors be so poor, that they can’t afford their own food? (But can afford a family holiday for 5 with eating and drinking out every night?)

Reactions: 16
Not about Madeleine but about child abuse and cover-ups

Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse "not worth the paper it's written on"

This was a real missed opportunity and it's a tragedy' Former Police Detective and Sexual Abuse Whistle Blower Maggie Oliver explains why she believes the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse due to be released later today 'won't be worth the paper it's written on'.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.