Madeleine McCann #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again this makes no sense. When Madeline said her and Sean were crying, Kate jumps to someone waking them up. So if she thinks someone was lurking close enough to wake them up then why did neither twin wake up at all when she's screaming when they found Madeline gone the night after? Neither twin also woke up when there was an apartment with what you assume all the lights on, all the adults in a blind panic and police walking in and out
Also if she thinks someone woke them up why then did she leave them the next night in the unlocked apartment?

Reactions: 16
The police noted the twins were still asleep in the cots when they arrived, even with all the noise they didn’t move. I think that’s what triggered the drugging theory. They immediately said no to a drug test where an innocent parent would say yes incase a kidnapper had drugged the twins with something that could kill them. Kate ran outside leaving the twins when the kidnapper could have been hiding under a bed ready to take them too.

Reactions: 13
Also if she thinks someone woke them up why then did she leave them the next night in the unlocked apartment?
I think the main problem with their story of that night, is that much of it is retrofitting to bat away any cries of neglect. Which is never going to cover everything and even now, what, 16 years later it’s still the elephant trumpeting away in the middle of the room.

Reactions: 11
Didn't the staff at the tapas bar say that they weren't checking on the kids as much as claimed.

I don't believe for one minute they were checking on those kids as much as claimed and I think they probably used control crying so didn't care if the kids were crying. They probably thought so what just let them cry themselves back to sleep.

Reactions: 4
Of course they weren’t checking the kids as often as they said they were, they cooked all that up after madeleine went missing to make it seem less bad that they were all leaving their kids every night on holiday. They either did no checks at all until the one where Madeline was gone, or they checked a lot less frequently than they made out. I can imagine they started off with the ‘best’ of intentions of doing frequent checks, but once the drinks start flowing you inevitably lose track of time. Should have just sucked it up and let the kids sit with them of an evening.

I’ll never be able to understand why, after Madeleine had woke the night before, was crying to the point where she could be heard from upstairs neighbours, and had asked her parents why they didn’t come, they continued to leave those children again the next night. Surely hearing that your child was scared and worried would be enough for you to realise that leaving them alone in an unlocked apartment probably isn’t the best idea. It’s not like it was a one off either, they left those kids every night of that holiday, lots of people seem to think it was a one off but no, they spent next to no time with them during the day and then left them alone at night. What was the point in even bringing the children? They could have all clubbed together to hire a nanny who looked after the kids in one apartment at night or used the night crèche, or took them to the restaurant with them. So many possibilities especially as they seemed to all be fairly well off.

I don’t have the faintest idea what happened to madeleine, I don’t trust the parents never have and I’ve always got the impression they are hiding something. I don’t think she was taken from the apartment as there doesn’t seem to be any evidence to suggest that, the shutters that were ‘forced’ open were not touched by anyone other than k&g. But she could have woke up, wandered off and been snatched on the street, or fallen into a well/hole. I do know that it wouldn’t have happened if her parents had shown more care and attention. If they had had a patient come up to them at work who told them that they have been leaving their kids alone at night to go for a meal at the restaurant down the road but it’s ok because they pop back regularly to check on them, they would have been reported to social services by them. They would have been trained in safeguarding, they know what is appropriate and what isn’t. I bet they had arrogant that “it will never happen to me” attitude because they’re middle class and wealthy, well look who paid the ultimate price for their shoddy parenting and blasé attitude to raising their children. I hope they carry that guilt around with them for the rest of their lives it’s the least they deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.