Made in Chelsea #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’ll pull any face on instagram which makes her look the most emaciated. If she wasn’t so vile I would feel sorry for her.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Still catching up on the latest season but omg! Imogen is not into temps at all and it’s so clear! She’s so desperate for camera time

Reactions: 1
You can't call it anorexia just because they are image obsessed twats.disordered eating definitely. The instagramers version of eating disorders perhaps. anorexia no. I think that until they state that fact I think that's offensive to those suffering with anorexia. it's a deeply horrific mental illness and you can be anorexic at any weight and the stigma attached to people saying its "needing to starve or look emaciated" doesn't help those that really suffer with the fatal disease. And it's one of the things we really need to stop doing because it's impacting the life expectancy of those sick with it by continuing the stigma that it's a starving,vanity, emaciated related disease.which isn't. it's a mental illness, which can have symptoms of weight or food.but anyway let's not go down that rabbit hole. I just think it's important that we don't gloss over when we talk about these horrific illnesses,sometimes with such blasé affect.when actually we shouldn't attribute it to some of the things that these influences do to keep a vapid egocentric lifestyle.
and illness like anorexia is horrific,life depleting and just horrible. Can be Fatal.
I don't want to be all deep here. I thought to mydelf just go over it don't don't bring it up but I think we have to because when you don't bring these really important thjngs up people die. Sorry.
As you were.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You can't call it anorexia just because they are image obsessed twats.disordered eating definitely. The instagramers version of eating disorders perhaps. anorexia no. I think that until they state that fact I think that's offensive to those suffering with anorexia. it's a deeply horrific mental illness and you can be anorexic at any weight and the stigma attached to people saying its "needing to starve or look emaciated" doesn't help those that really suffer with the fatal disease. And it's one of the things we really need to stop doing because it's impacting the life expectancy of those sick with it by continuing the stigma that it's a starving,vanity, emaciated related disease.which isn't. it's a mental illness, which can have symptoms of weight or food.but anyway let's not go down that rabbit hole. I just think it's important that we don't gloss over when we talk about these horrific illnesses,sometimes with such blasé affect.when actually we shouldn't attribute it to some of the things that these influences do to keep a vapid egocentric lifestyle.
and illness like anorexia is horrific,life depleting and just horrible. Can be Fatal.
I don't want to be all deep here. I thought to mydelf just go over it don't don't bring it up but I think we have to because when you don't bring these really important thjngs up people die. Sorry.
As you were.
Thank you for writing this, Kate.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What a horrific game to be playing?! I would never hang out again with people who played that sort of game. It's not the limbo with flexibility on the line, it's literally who has the smallest frame and eats the fewest calories wins- glamourising being skeletal. What a bizarre way to make every other woman there feel like tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
As you were.
I agree it's important not to minimise illnesses like anorexia by labelling certain cast members as having it, but I do think we do need to acknowledge a big elephant in the room. Some of the cast do look worryingly underweight and seem to wear it as a badge of honour in their Instagram photos. The jutting out ribcages and skeletal limbs are a common theme. This is certainly not something to be glorified and sends out a horrendous and toxic message to their impressionable followers.

I would say that certain cast members look like they follow a restrictive eating routine, which is likely compounded by intense workouts. It's not something I would say lightly either, having previously struggled with an ED myself for several years. When you've experienced the mindset of body dysmorphia and restrictive eating, it's a lot easier to spot certain "signs" and behaviours in others.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.