Made in Chelsea #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Musings30 sorry I couldn't quote you.as woop woop they have been so dickish we've got a new thread!
But I totally agree with what you were saying. and I didn't want you to think I was minimizing the effect of what they do and what they are doing to themselves. And therefore the impact it has on anyone and everyone watching, seeing or living alongside images like that. And it perpetuates body beliefs,need to be ever smaller,the fear and fatphobia. it perpetuates the "ideal body" toxic mess that we've landed on.
it perpetuates those living with eating disorders and disordered eating. and even if it's anorexia diagnosis, living a life with that level of disordered thinking or beliefs or ideals on weight or what we should look like can be soooo damaging and heartbreaking to live that life. and absolutely f****** miserable.
and again it speaks to their privilege partly, that they can sustain it! because they have a privilege of their lifestyle that allows them to offset the misery of trying to sustain that body, or that level of restriction or harm. by getting the best treatments,or getting the best house, foods. their daily life surrounding them is so much more comfortable than the girls or women suffering that don't have the privilege or the comforts and just Live every day in misery trying to sustain that level of restriction.it continue the diet cyclic, continues people bringing out these weird diets for money.

Seeing the instagrammers being able to make money off people's misery angers me so much. it continues the fitness culture that we've now got as well.
there is so much wrong with the world. and what they're doing does not help and we have lost any sense of Sensibility around food, bodies and health. Because health is not what they look like and health is not a size.
And they do know what they're doing. and they do know they are perpetuating it. and the trouble is they have the platform and the help to not do so. And they often make money with their de toxin drinks and there diet foods and their poses and their clothes products that just punctuate peoples sense of worth.and brings unhealthy focus that we've got on women's bodies filters and health.
😞 sorry TED talk over.
I just didn't want you to think I was minimizing that side or the really horrible way that some people suffer.
---
They are back to reality soon.
Last night freddie went over to try get girls number. They said no and when he got back OF COURSE toss pot Miles said Can I go and get it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wish we could tag people/accounts on here. There is this lady who lives in la la land. I'd say she proper rich. But she comes on and talks as I'd she's talking to all who surely must live like her.dresses 3000. Harrows bargain bag 15,000! And I think are there really more like you that makes your content remotely relevant. And gifted lunch. Clothes. Holidays. I'm gobsmacked everytime I watch her.

I wish we could tag people/accounts on here. There is this lady who lives in la la land. I'd say she proper rich. But she comes on and talks as I'd she's talking to all who surely must live like her.dresses 3000. Harrows bargain bag 15,000! And I think are there really more like you that makes your content remotely relevant. And gifted lunch. Clothes. Holidays. I'm gobsmacked everytime I watch her.
Are you in the right thread?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't know why they are not allowed to be proud of their bodies because they are thin. Yes both Liv and habbs have lost a bit recently, but ones just got married and the other has just been through a break up.

Why are we trying to shame thin women for having body confidence. What do you want them to do wear a burlap sack.

And you absolutely can be that thin and eat a normal diet. Maintenance calories are still around 1600 a day. Couple that with an active lifestyle and clean eating its really not that hard to be slim you don't need an eating disorder.

Reactions: 18
I don't know why they are not allowed to be proud of their bodies because they are thin. Yes both Liv and habbs have lost a bit recently, but ones just got married and the other has just been through a break up.

Why are we trying to shame thin women for having body confidence. What do you want them to do wear a burlap sack.

And you absolutely can be that thin and eat a normal diet. Maintenance calories are still around 1600 a day. Couple that with an active lifestyle and clean eating its really not that hard to be slim you don't need an eating disorder.
Agreed. My sister is really thin and always has been (she’s 33), generally she fits in a size 4/6 depending on the brand/item, but she does eat normally, she was only 3 pounds when she was born because of complications so ..

Reactions: 4
I don’t participate in any weight convos because to be honest, they make me feel uncomfortable. I’m pretty much the same size as the likes of Liv Habbs etc (granted, not as toned lol) but ALL I eat is junk food, Mcdonald’s, pasta, sugary drinks on a daily basis. I don’t eat any fruit/veg/salad. So I’m far from anorexic and starving myself. I’m also very happy with how I look, despite the fact some could argue I’m “too skinny” - I’ve just got lucky with my metabolism and somehow I’m being convinced being a size 4-6 is a negative when really it’s positive lol

You’re not allowed to go on at girls for being overweight but it’s always allowed when they’ve got thin bodies. Despite the first one actually being the worse one (unless it’s medical, don’t come at me on that technicality) It’s just screaming jealousy to be honest

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I don’t participate in any weight convos because to be honest, they make me feel uncomfortable. I’m pretty much the same size as the likes of Liv Habbs etc (granted, not as toned lol) but ALL I eat is junk food, Mcdonald’s, pasta, sugary drinks on a daily basis. I don’t eat any fruit/veg/salad. So I’m far from anorexic and starving myself. I’m also very happy with how I look, despite the fact some could argue I’m “too skinny” - I’ve just got lucky with my metabolism and somehow I’m being convinced being a size 4-6 is a negative when really it’s positive lol

You’re not allowed to go on at girls for being overweight but it’s always allowed when they’ve got thin bodies. Despite the first one actually being the worse one (unless it’s medical, don’t come at me on that technicality) It’s just screaming jealousy to be honest
The problem is when they're portraying a damaging image. And there is a huge difference between the shame that larger people have the those of thin bodies. That is the issue. that thin has become the toxic "body ideal" and we can't argue differently. Fat phobia and the absolute s*** show that people in fat bodies get thrown at them, is not the same as thin people. Because the reference is not when you're naturally a smaller body. It's if you're doing restrictive and harmful behaviors in order to get that body. I know there are naturally slim people. Every single body is gorgeous and that's always what I will fight for. But also anh body is worthy. And your body does not dictate that every body is a good body. And that is definitely not what fat people face. Or made to feel.
that's the problem. that larger bodies are not seen as that,and they are shamed and vilified and seen as some sinful awful thing to be. And by those girls, that often do resort to harmful things try to be smaller.
And it's been seen in the papers and stories over time now. they've often come out with saying how much pressure they felt to be thin, how much pressure they feel in the industry. they are pushed always to be smaller. They've said that themselves. Many many of the women in that industry have come out and said of the toll it took to be the size they were and the behaviors they were having to do.
This isn't about being naturally slim. This is about an industry that perpetuates and causes harm and makes money off shaming women and taking advantage of their insecurities and continuing this cycle of needing to be smaller. Of women needing to be this body ideal.
That's what I and others have the problem with and I will stand by that. Because putting yourself through dangerous behaviors in order to change your body is not "healthy."
and we cannot shame people for being thin but we can't encourage the behaviors that go alongside that far too often. And for so many it's unattainable, often dangerous and causes misery. So this is not about people that have a slimmer body. Naturally.

• Heart
Sorry if I missed chat on previous threads or on their socials but I haven’t seen Sophie and Jamie’s dog in a long time? I know they have been on honeymoon and getting married abroad/ also Jamie had his allergies. Was just wondering if anyone knew if they still had her?

Reactions: 8
They are back.oh joy.
Que miles telling us how bad his mind has been without his gym. You mean your just a self obsessed gym bro.
Temps has gone to see his puppy.
Tristan and Harvey are festivalling it up.
They've all come home to corridors full of free packages.yuk.
They are all wearing Sam ts glasses brand which I actually think is quite sweet.
They are all so glad to be home as its been so bloody tough for them warrr warrr warrrr.
Tiff Watson wants to come back after the baby if her mates are still there. But like a true the no bullshit her sister has said a hard no to ever returning.
---
Keep seeing vogue on the fairy advert. And thinking does she no. Her lovely family focused advert. Eek

Reactions: 6
I’m actually quite excited for the summer series! Guessing it'll be out early August?

Reactions: 5
Sorry if I missed the info but anyone know what happened with liv and Tristan?
I assume we will see more. What they want to tell jn the series.
Liv made a comment on one of her post lettings it slip that he was sleeping with someone else.a cast member.
Liv moved villas very quickly.
Tristan was spotted with a few cast looking cosy.but they all do that.
Tristan seems happy.or settled and carrying on. Lighter.traveling.haveing fun.
Liv is doing her usual 🙄. Be outrageous, sell herself with sexy poses.cosy up to men. Be naked. Be a bit gross and lurid with her words. Drunk etc. Her usual self sabotage when she thinks she is showing "strength" or "woman doing what she wants" .
---
I’m actually quite excited for the summer series! Guessing it'll be out early August?
I'm interested to see the narrative.the one they show with editorial lighting and music.and the way the camera captures shots we've seen from different angle. How the edits shows,compared to the narrative the cast has shown on their own stories. I'm now just a bit,ugh it's all lies now. Both wht they show on the program and what they show us on stories.because when they slip up or let stuff be seen you see them trip up. And it's so over worked and bullshit it's becomes a bit ugh your lying.
It's got a bit to the pissed off stage when for months imogen was with Temps. Clearly. And yet on their public socials, posting about Chelsea, comments they lied to keep it hidden. It was just a swaying of the story it was complete lies. It went too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Tell me to get lost if you only talk about the latest series but I’m rewatching old old episodes and Jamie and Habbs have just got together, and it’s a big thing. Sophie Hermann is a bleeping witch, the way she spoke to Habbs was disgusting!! Does anyone know if they are friends now?

Reactions: 5
Tell me to get lost if you only talk about the latest series but I’m rewatching old old episodes and Jamie and Habbs have just got together, and it’s a big thing. Sophie Hermann is a bleeping witch, the way she spoke to Habbs was disgusting!! Does anyone know if they are friends now?
I disagree - Sophie only reacted like that because she was good friends with Jamie's ex before Habbs (Heloise), who Sophie was friends with as well, and the whole Sophie/Jamie situation at the beginning was v suspicious and out of order on both sides so tbh they both deserved what they got from everyone, especially Jamie from Sam!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hermann has always been a stuck up cow. The way she talks about herself on hers and Fred's podcast especially highlights this. Banging on about how much of a Queen Bee she was at school, and how everyone loved her, and how she automatically blocks anyone on Instagram who makes a comment that annoys her. If it was anyone else, a lot more people would detest her, but for some reason Hermann is protected by a halo of sass which people find loveable, inexplicably.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.