M&S Food #9 Christmas is coming and the prices are getting fat, plz put some good offers in the sparks app!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i hope so ! they replaced lots of the lovely veggie stuff with plant based alternatives
Yes!!
I’m not vegan or vege but I do like vege stuff, sometimes meat knocks me sick. But I don’t fancy eating all these plant based things like fake burgers, it’s all a bit weird and too processed for me that. Rather just eat a vege burger than fake meat 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes!!
I’m not vegan or vege but I do like vege stuff, sometimes meat knocks me sick. But I don’t fancy eating all these plant based things like fake burgers, it’s all a bit weird and too processed for me that. Rather just eat a vege burger than fake meat 🤢
Completely agree. I am not vegan or veggie but do eat a lot of meat-free meals. M&S used to do a lot of stuff that was based around vegetables and pulses that was really good but now so much of the ’plant-based’ stuff is weird fake meat alternatives, which I really don’t like. I know there‘s a huge market for it but people who what to eat meat-free but aren’t keen on soya/quorn and so on do get forgotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Completely agree. I am not vegan or veggie but do eat a lot of meat-free meals. M&S used to do a lot of stuff that was based around vegetables and pulses that was really good but now so much of the ’plant-based’ stuff is weird fake meat alternatives, which I really don’t like. I know there‘s a huge market for it but people who what to eat meat-free but aren’t keen on soya/quorn and so on do get forgotten.
I don't think the market is really that large, if it was, they wouldn't be reducing the line

Reactions: 6
Dear mole I just really want the chocolate bar advent calendar and chocolate topple tower and they’re nowhere to be found in my local 😭

I may actually go to the food store the next town over and see if I have any luck there.

Bought the Christmas club and gingerbread milkshake for lunch and yum! Didn’t fancy anything from my offers though so probably going to be punished and not get any new ones now 😅

Reactions: 4
Agreed, this is absolutely maddening. Restaurants are doing it too.
Ive heard lots of people complaining about this..that the vegetarian option has been replaced with plant based onesso they dont need 2 separate options.
i think its quite unfair as many vegetarians enjoy real cheese and eggs not a chemical alternative

Yes!!
have you seen the plant based mince ? 🤮🤮🤮🤮 is what i think everytime i go past it ..it looks revolting!

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Ive heard lots of people complaining about this..that the vegetarian option has been replaced with plant based onesso they dont need 2 separate options.
i think its quite unfair as many vegetarians enjoy real cheese and eggs not a chemical alternative

have you seen the plant based mince ? 🤮🤮🤮🤮 is what i think everytime i go past it ..it looks revolting!
yes looks like cat food!
Someone just got their shopping free at my local foodhall!
I picked up some of that cheese recommended on here. No garlic bread though 😭

Same with us poor gluten free sods, we end up having to put up with the vegan option because they can't be bothered to make separate things so they make it vegan AND gf. Maddening.

• Sad
Reactions: 12

Abolsutely this and not just M&S, everywhere! Restaurants, the lot!!
Also I wish M&S would make an effort to make more nut free stuff ☹

I have to have Radioiodine treatment in the new year for thyroid cancer, and I’m hoping and praying my low iodine diet won’t interfere with Christmas 😅 I’ve ordered a nice cranberry topped pork pie 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Any M&S spies reading can you make the yellow sticker prices at least half price of original price, we are in an economy crisis!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Any M&S spies reading can you make the yellow sticker prices at least half price of original price, we are in an economy crisis!
Waitrose used to be the bees for yellow stickers particularly on their bakery, used to be 10% of the original price if not cheaper, now it's 10% off

Mole - Manchester tart and sundried tomato tagliatelle from the 90s please!
I second that. I've even asked a chef to demonstrate it on TV and they were a bit puzzled till they checked it out.
Still developing varicose veins waiting for them to do it as they are "looking into it".

• Haha
Reactions: 3
RE the veggie/vegan stuff, yes I do think the plant kitchen stuff is shrinking but there seems to be a reintroduction of the classic veggie range in my local stores

Reactions: 5
Waitrose used to be the bees for yellow stickers particularly on their bakery, used to be 10% of the original price if not cheaper, now it's 10% off
agree! My local Waitrose used to be good but the last year or so it’s been awful. I usually pop in 3-4 times a week because it’s on my way home and half the time they don’t even bother to do the final reductions. It’s still only about 20% off the normal price at 8pm at night. The other day I went in at 8.15pm and the lady was only just starting final reductions. They close at 9pm 😭 what an absolute waste of her time. It’s almost like they don’t want to sell it cheap.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Dear mole, please put in a garlic bread freezer of dreams in NE Scotland stores , I’ve not found one yet 😢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Same with us poor gluten free sods, we end up having to put up with the vegan option because they can't be bothered to make separate things so they make it vegan AND gf. Maddening.
Waitrose have a surprising number of gluten free meals, they aren’t indicated as such but for example the mozzarella stuffed meatballs with a tomato sauce and herb crumb use gluten free breadcrumbs! Always worth checking their ingredients

Thinking about it this is such an easy switch that M&S could do, things like the kyivs and shepherd pie could have a gluten free breadcrumb relatively easily and boom huge increase in accessible consumers

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.