M&S Food #9 Christmas is coming and the prices are getting fat, plz put some good offers in the sparks app!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found 10% off of beauty, clothes and homeware in my app. That will be used for kids Xmas pj's etc so I can get the advent calendar.

Reactions: 7
Thanks also from me for the pigs offer, sadly no fangs left on shelf. I picked up the 400g bag of sweets, then the till woman questioned it when it went through as free on my Sparks, told me "These bags aren't usually in the offer, it's the 175g that's free". Then she shouted over to the operator at the next check out..."Hey, why are these big bags going through?" Yeh, thanks for making an issue out of it in front of other customers. Told her it was my Sparks offer, she still wasn't happy, as if it was coming out of her own pocket! On my next shop I'll bloody make sure I avoid her checkout!
Anyway, I saved £7 on my shop today. Happy weekend :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Thanks also from me for the pigs offer, sadly no fangs left on shelf. I picked up the 400g bag of sweets, then the till woman questioned it when it went through as free on my Sparks, told me "These bags aren't usually in the offer, it's the 175g that's free". Then she shouted over to the operator at the next check out..."Hey, why are these big bags going through?" Yeh, thanks for making an issue out of it in front of other customers. Told her it was my Sparks offer, she still wasn't happy, as if it was coming out of her own pocket! On my next shop I'll bloody make sure I avoid her checkout!
🥴 jobs worth or what. If it goes through it goes through it’s not like you hacked the sparks app and changed the offer 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I got another free loaf!

The chocolate rounds have also gone up 10p.

Only two more bags of the fangs left in my local store. Hurry lol.

Reactions: 5
I despise this! What a jobsworth 😭 there’s a lady like this at my local store who always is poking her nose in. Guarantee she will pull me up and check my total if I’ve done well on the discounts. Cheeky witch!

Reactions: 11
I had a right snooty girl help me the other day in the self checkout area, I needed permission for buying alcohol and was waiting with the red light flashing and eventually when she came over she was super annoyed I wasn't on my feet trying to flag staff down. I expect better from M&S

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Ive had loads of M&S workers like this!! Once I got fish on yellow sticker and she was making a huge deal out of it when the queue was large because it was down to £2 when it was originally £7 like yeah that’s how yellow stickers work? And she called her manager over about it as if I personally stuck it on myself so I told her to not bother and just paid for rest of my shopping. M&S always makes me feel like a criminal especially my local is in a rough shopping centre so always getting followed about by security especially in the clothes section

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I’m seriously worried my local store is getting the chop, they had plans for expansion and building work had commenced, now all of a sudden it’s stopped, they’re selling off the display sofas and they’ve closed one of the cafes to use as storage for sale stock. They’ve also not stocked full ranges all year, things like the advent calendar and feta dip have been nowhere to be seen! It’s the only store left within a 45 minute radius, all our others have been closed already, considering the head office is based in my county you’d think we’d have more exposure not less 😕

Please don’t shut my local store M&S elves 🥺

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Ive had loads of M&S workers like this!! Once I got fish on yellow sticker and she was making a huge deal out of it when the queue was large because it was down to £2 when it was originally £7 like yeah that’s how yellow stickers work? And she called her manager over about it as if I personally stuck it on myself so I told her to not bother and just paid for rest of my shopping. M&S always makes me feel like a criminal especially my local is in a rough shopping centre so always getting followed about by security especially in the clothes section
I have heard of some shopworkers being a bit Robin Hood (marking down food when they see that for example a pensioner is struggling over what to buy). They'll bang a reduction on it and make an excuse that it's been marked down.

• Heart
I have heard of some shopworkers being a bit Robin Hood (marking down food when they see that for example a pensioner is struggling over what to buy). They'll bang a reduction on it and make an excuse that it's been marked down.
It's been some years since I worked in a supermarket doing reductions but this pretty much wasn't really possible without getting caught!

Reactions: 5
No big bags of Percy’s in my local today, hopefully they don’t pull the offer before I visit the city centre next week 🤞🏼

Reactions: 2
I bought the Mr a sweater for his birthday today so I got the advent calendar. Just got to resist opening it now!

Jobs worth ! Go through the self service next time for your next pack !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t know about you guys but I’m looking forward to Tuesday when all the Halloween snacks should be going on yellow sticker 🤣

• Haha
All those stories of staff are horrible!!! Please consider feeding back to M&S!! You might get a free big bag of Percy’s 😛

I can honestly say M&S staff are the best in supermarkets around me. I go in a few times a week and always find them so helpful. There’s an elderly lady that goes in to my local M&S every Monday and a member of staff helps her around the whole shop getting all her shopping and they push her trolley for her and read out the dates etc. They really go the extra mile in my store I just love it.
Whenever the M&S little shop was on they always give me a handful of extra “little shops” if I had the kids with me and it made their day! So yeah I think they would hate to know their staff where being so dicky about a sparks offer for a bag of percy pigs!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I usually go to a couple of M&S stores and staff in both are lovely. Very helpful indeed. Once I had a voucher for bread and picked up the wrong bread. The man on the till ran to get me the correct one. 😊

• Heart
All those stories of staff are horrible!!! Please consider feeding back to M&S!! You might get a free big bag of Percy’s 😛

I can honestly say M&S staff are the best in supermarkets around me. I go in a few times a week and always find them so helpful. There’s an elderly lady that goes in to my local M&S every Monday and a member of staff helps her around the whole shop getting all her shopping and they push her trolley for her and read out the dates etc. They really go the extra mile in my store I just love it.
Whenever the M&S little shop was on they always give me a handful of extra “little shops” if I had the kids with me and it made their day! So yeah I think they would hate to know their staff where being so dicky about a sparks offer for a bag of percy pigs!!
I have been in the Harrogate store today and I was really impressed with the staff going the extra mile showing care and concern for an elderly lady who hadn't been feeling so good.

• Heart
So the beauty advent calendar offer is on. Get it for £40 if you spend £30 and over. Now, say you did buy an item of clothing and bought the calendar, can you return the clothing but keep the calendar?
Yes, I did it earlier in the year with the summer one… x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.