M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shall be my next purchase. 😆
I bought two cheese and onion sandwiches on yellow sticker from M&S on Wednesday. I had one cold on Wednesday night and then last night I did a toastie version of the second one. Just melted some butter in a pan and cooked both sides. Highly recommended.
Oh yes, let’s do M&S food hacks!

Mine was given to me by a sales assistant a few years ago: warm up the raspberry jam and coconut sponge loaf cake and serve with custard! Tastes just like one of my favourite school puddings!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I picked up a pack of the all butter salted caramel cookies. They smelt overwhelmingly sweet and synthetic, were so hard/chewy they were difficult to bite into, and the flavour was quite unpleasant actually. Very much "salted caramel flavour".
Would not recommend.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
At last I've got a decent offer! A FREE bar of chocolate. I'm going to pop in and get it tomorrow morning as I need to buy a new pair of school shoes for my son.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Shall be my next purchase. 😆
I bought two cheese and onion sandwiches on yellow sticker from M&S on Wednesday. I had one cold on Wednesday night and then last night I did a toastie version of the second one. Just melted some butter in a pan and cooked both sides. Highly recommended.
My dad did similar with a reduced ham and mustard Mayo sandwich the other day, only he dipped the sandwich in beaten egg before frying. He didn’t shut up about it for a few hours 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My dad did similar with a reduced ham and mustard Mayo sandwich the other day, only he dipped the sandwich in beaten egg before frying. He didn’t shut up about it for a few hours 😂
I’ve done it with most of the cheese containing sandwiches at some point. Not the egg part though.

Reactions: 1
I picked up a pack of the all butter salted caramel cookies. They smelt overwhelmingly sweet and synthetic, were so hard/chewy they were difficult to bite into, and the flavour was quite unpleasant actually. Very much "salted caramel flavour".
Would not recommend.
So many things taste synthetic and artificial these days. Bring back sugar !!!!

Reactions: 4
Oh yes, let’s do M&S food hacks!

Mine was given to me by a sales assistant a few years ago: warm up the raspberry jam and coconut sponge loaf cake and serve with custard! Tastes just like one of my favourite school puddings!
I’ve done that with ginger cake, usually the McVities one.

M&S HACK: This may astonish you all, but if your local store has sold out of Colin the Caterpillar cakes you can make a substitute by walking to your nearest Aldi

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I still only have the womenswear offers 😒

Meanwhile Lidl this week gave me money off their bakery and ice cream so I went there.

I got a fiver off a £40 shop. Not that interested. it doesn’t count yellow sticker items. 😑

I went to my local M&S Food this evening for some film snacks. There were no onion rings, but I managed to get the last bag of four cheese and onion combo mix!

I also picked up some honeycomb bites and a blueberry muffin that had a blueberry centre (from the bakery counter). Wasn't massively impressed; it was basically a normal blueberry muffin with a very sickly blob of jam in the middle.

Finally I got some of the freshly squeezed still lemonade. I haven't bought any from M&S in a good while and it didn't taste as sweet as I remember. Probably not a bad thing. :D

Reactions: 2
I went to my local M&S Food this evening for some film snacks. There were no onion rings, but I managed to get the last bag of four cheese and onion combo mix!

I also picked up some honeycomb bites and a blueberry muffin that had a blueberry centre (from the bakery counter). Wasn't massively impressed; it was basically a normal blueberry muffin with a very sickly blob of jam in the middle.
Not had their blueberry muffins but the Lidl ones are/were good value and tasty too.

Not had their blueberry muffins but the Lidl ones are/were good value and tasty too.
Yeah I'd be surprised if the M&S one was any better than Lidl's, as it just tasted like a standard blueberry muffin you'd get off any bakery counter.

I sincerely miss the blueberry cheesecake muffin that sainsburys used to make 😔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.