M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone please recommend a good birthday cake from M & S for my other half’s birthday? I got the under the rainbow cake for my little girl’s birthday and it was lovely but it’s possibly a bit girly for my husband 🤣 I looked at the brownie cake, cookie dough cake, normal chocolate happy birthday cake and white chocolate strawberry cake but the reviews on Ocado are a very mixed bag. Might have to just go for good old Colin the Caterpillar!
Colin is always a classic but if you’re looking for something new……

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Oh wow this looks delicious! Might get this and a Colin!
Get this and some mini Colins! I think I like the mini ones even more than the real thing.

Finally found the Golden Blonde shake in store today, OH's eyes almost popped out my head when I told him it was the shake version of the 'yummy spread'.

No beer battered fish, fresh tartare sauce or chip shop scraps today. Sad day to be craving a fakeaway chippy tea, had to settle for the regular battered haddock.

Reactions: 4
The potato rings will likely be their dupe of another snack called Hula Hoops - did they look like this?

View attachment 1010704

Similarly, I think the squares may have been a dupe of Squares which look like this:

View attachment 1010710
Those are it !!! - thanks !!!

Yes they do! Fun fact I was part of a team who tried to bring M&S back to Ontario a few years ago but the new CEO wasn’t keen, wanted to focus on British sales and actually withdrew some of their interests internationally, such a shame as it had real potential 😔

Not sure where you’re based but there’s a few companies who import British goodies for supermarkets out there, the M&S potato chips are made by Walkers which will be sold out there, look out for the expat or British aisles!
That's a shame - yes I'm in Ontario.
Thanks for replying, I will look for them!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Get this and some mini Colins! I think I like the mini ones even more than the real thing.

Finally found the Golden Blonde shake in store today, OH's eyes almost popped out my head when I told him it was the shake version of the 'yummy spread'.

No beer battered fish, fresh tartare sauce or chip shop scraps today. Sad day to be craving a fakeaway chippy tea, had to settle for the regular battered haddock.
Controversial but I far prefer the salted caramel oatshake 😍

Reactions: 2
I asked my flatmate to pick me up some of these because you have all talked about them so much I wanted to try.. he was like no way you get like 5 in a packet.. he said he picked up the packet and it felt practically empty

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I asked my flatmate to pick me up some of these because you have all talked about them so much I wanted to try.. he was like no way you get like 5 in a packet.. he said he picked up the packet and it felt practically empty
You do get a decent amount tbh!

Who died and made him the crisp police?? 🤣 I’m obvs joking just cracked me up that he denied you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Again got all my veg on yellow tickets at 9.30 this morning plus a full price brocolli. I love it when I go in and the Cavolo Nero Kale is 60p instead of £1.50 and there are about 5 packs on the shelf, don't think anybody else here likes it. (I hate the chopped up stuff) and it keeps fresh in my Lock and Lock box for about 10 days.
Noticed a Cheeseboard Favourites Box on yellow for £2.24 instead of £6 so it went in the basket along with a couple of other pieces he went in there to buy. Used his Sparks card, first time for ages and when we got home there was an email for him from M & S saying, hey you are a cheese lover, have a look at these cheeses you might like to buy. They know he buys cheese so they are not going to give him a Sparks offer on that but why not a Cheese Biscuit offer which he might use instead of a stamp for each coffee he buys then they will give him a free one after 6 when he never buys coffee -

• Heart
Reactions: 3
As usual I've just got a 20% off clothing (jeans, tops, tights, knitwear) after I've already bought a few items. New trousers today too. :LOL:

We went to a larger store in Brighton and it was nice having more choice! Though we just did the usual. Also tried a new cheese selection box.

Put a pair of kids trainers in my basket yesterday, and today I get the 20% off. Pleased with that! Got my boy some trainers for £18 rather than £23?

Reactions: 1
I have:

20% off skincare
20% off bath and body
20% off women's jeans
20% women's skirts and dresses

I will use the first 2 so that's good.

Also yesterday I had a free bag of treats from the bakery. So I need to pop down there and redeem that

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.