M&S Food #5 The food is a hit but the Gary Barlow tickets were rubbish

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could just be a coincidence... this company is really unknown...admittedly I don' shop in posh shops but this is the first i've heard of them
Just looked on the page and the woman who owns the original shows how a simple Google search brings up her product multiple times

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Could just be a coincidence... this company is really unknown...admittedly I don' shop in posh shops but this is the first i've heard of them
Just looked on the page and the woman who owns the original shows how a simple Google search brings up her product multiple times
I know i am hoping it’s a coincidence but…I feel like if you were developing a new product you would research to see there’s nothing similar already out there?

I bought the £15 Tex Mex deal on a whim yesterday, ooh I’m glad I did! I got the:
Rump Steak Burgers-other half says these are the best burgers they’ve ever tasted
Cheesy Chilli Beef Nachos-these were soooo good
Jalapeño Poppers-loved these also, nice and cheesy with a good kick
Mango and Lime Cheesecakes-other half had these, apparently delicious
Churros-I ate ALL of these 🙈 say no more 🤣
We also got the Buffalo Chicken Wings, will probably try these during the week with some salad
I think this is going to be my payday treat. My son has surgery in a week and we need to isolate… treats ahoy!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had a quick Google and that product is stocked in John Lewis and on Funky Pigeon (and other places) so I am sure someone working in that niche would easily come across them with minimal research.

Reactions: 1
So my £5 voucher that cost me £40 on a dress has now resulted in an £85 spend on a pair of boots to wear with the dress. A bleeping expensive voucher. Note to self, shop at a different M&S where there are no nice shops.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ok this was years ago....like 35 years ago....we had a M&S in our city (long gone now, Canada) and I always bought these potato rings and potato squares crisps/chips. Do those still exist???

I found my fave ever sandwich in there today (salmon and watercress - haven’t seen it since those wild pre-pandemic days) and even though I’m doing veganuary I bought it and ate it in the car so my boyfriend wouldn’t know I broke 😂 worth it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I can't find a picture but the M&S easter chunky chocolate bar with crushed and whole mini eggs embedded in it is *fab*.

Cost around £5/£5.25 depending on which branch you buy it in.

Really needs to cost about £3 and then I'd just go and buy the whole box off the shelf and eat them all year :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Ok this was years ago....like 35 years ago....we had a M&S in our city (long gone now, Canada) and I always bought these potato rings and potato squares crisps/chips. Do those still exist???
The potato rings will likely be their dupe of another snack called Hula Hoops - did they look like this?

51314B60-EA1B-4A40-8104-72B1AAC6423C.jpeg

Similarly, I think the squares may have been a dupe of Squares which look like this:

0774F1C1-C1F3-4737-BD15-1FE342305578.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
i dt the squares do.. they tend to get rid of a lot of things I like.. I used to really love the NY deli pastrami salad.. sob

I found my fave ever sandwich in there today (salmon and watercress - haven’t seen it since those wild pre-pandemic days) and even though I’m doing veganuary I bought it and ate it in the car so my boyfriend wouldn’t know I broke 😂 worth it
After the 2 years we have all had.. you get a pass... surely

Yes they do! Fun fact I was part of a team who tried to bring M&S back to Ontario a few years ago but the new CEO wasn’t keen, wanted to focus on British sales and actually withdrew some of their interests internationally, such a shame as it had real potential 😔

Not sure where you’re based but there’s a few companies who import British goodies for supermarkets out there, the M&S potato chips are made by Walkers which will be sold out there, look out for the expat or British aisles!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes they do! Fun fact I was part of a team who tried to bring M&S back to Ontario a few years ago but the new CEO wasn’t keen, wanted to focus on British sales and actually withdrew some of their interests internationally, such a shame as it had real potential 😔

Not sure where you’re based but there’s a few companies who import British goodies for supermarkets out there, the M&S potato chips are made by Walkers which will be sold out there, look out for the expat or British aisles!
wow really? Because I hate Walkers crisps and LOVE M&S ... funny because for a long time recently Walkers in the UK were having massive problems and stores had no Walkers crisps in.. or indeed any crisps in mostly because sadly Walkers seem to have a virtual monopoly in the UK.. shoppers then turned to savoury snacks which is mostly my thing and ate them instead which then meant I couldn't get hold of them either..M&S only seemed to have a crisp shortage when customers had been in and rinsed the stocks

Reactions: 2
View attachment 1010770
LOVE this response from M&S 👏
This is what all large retailers should be doing if they want to survive. A friend of mine tells me it's nigh on impossible to get into these big stores yet it's such a good way of distingusihing yourself from other shops, particularly with people able to look online to price compare common products. Sell something different and people will visit. Sainsburys now have a small section for new products by smaller suppliers, John Lewis could really do with something similar instore.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.