M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also ended up with the chocolate orange one but I was hugely tempted by Raspberry ripple. The yucky lemon didn't put me off yet 🤣

I only went in to get my friend a Percy pig birthday muffin!
I had the raspberry ripple last week - OMG. Today I had the trillionaires cake - also OMG.

Reactions: 2
I had the raspberry ripple last week - OMG. Today I had the trillionaires cake - also OMG.
Oh man have I made the wrong choice here!! The lemon one was so so sickly I couldn't finish it and then felt icky all night lol

Reactions: 1
Oh man have I made the wrong choice here!! The lemon one was so so sickly I couldn't finish it and then felt icky all night lol
They're definitely very sweet, I couldn't eat them all in the one go.... although I did manage to eat them in the one day LOL :censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They have just brought out orange hot chocolate for Xmas, I’m def gonna buy. Also, is the velvetiser worth the £?

They have just brought out orange hot chocolate for Xmas, I’m def gonna buy. Also, is the velvetiser worth the £?
I say I use the Velvetiser but I use the milk frother that came with my Nespresso machine, if you look for milk frother on Amazon there’s loads for way less than Velvetiser and does exactly same job 👀
The Velvetiser is made by Dualit and they have a Dualit version (just less sleek looking) for half the price!

ooo will have to check out orange hot chocolate 😍

• Heart
I got the peach and raspberry flavoured still water and I really liked it. My OH preferred the Lime and Lemon sparkling one.

Halloumi fries you say?? 😍 Halloumi is my downfall. I clocked a wrap in the sandwich section the other day, falafel and halloumi, might have been pesto involved too. But it had to be cooked in the oven for 20 minutes??! Who’s rocking back to the office to shove their wrap in an oven for 20 minutes?? Needs a microwave option. I want a quick wrap not a Nigella session.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Surely the whole point of a cake jar is that you put the lid back on when you've had enough and come back to it later.

If you all want really good hot chocolate this is the one you should be buying https://www.kokoacollection.co.uk/ I used to sell this in my coffee shop. The 70% is amazing, the 82% is for people that don't like sweet hot chocolate, it was surprisingly popular and the white one is literally like drinking a milky bar.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The clementine hot chocolate is AMAZING! Hotel Chocolat did a version of their own a few years ago but it was a festive one off and I haven’t seen it again. I would say the Velvetiser is worth the money. I use mine regularly and the drinks are always delicious with no clumpy powdery bits 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m not a hot chocolate fan but did but a velvetiser last Xmas as the rest of the family really like it. It was used loads over the winter months then has sat in a cupboard but was mentioned last night when we said how it had turned chilly ! It’s easy to use and to clean. I would say it depends how much hot chocolate you actually drink as to whether it’s worth it. If you have one a day then probably yes, if it’s a couple a week then maybe not.

Reactions: 4
Ouch, £40 non-refundable deposit, I didn't see any mention of it being non-refundable until after I'd placed my order :mad:
Wow that’s a new clause!! It was definitely refundable last time I ordered from them (think it was last Christmas) as I ended up cancelling fine

Ouch, £40 non-refundable deposit, I didn't see any mention of it being non-refundable until after I'd placed my order :mad:
When you place your order you’ll need to pay a non-refundable deposit of £40. When you collect your order in store, you will then pay the remaining balance......
I read that as the £40 is part payment of your bill not something you will not get back unless you cancel maybe. Going to have a look at T & C's

Wow that’s a new clause!! It was definitely refundable last time I ordered from them (think it was last Christmas) as I ended up cancelling fine
Looks like they have tightened up the T&Cs this year, they seem pretty brutal, reads to me as though even if I cancel tomorrow, months ahead of Christmas they're still going to keep £40. There is a cut off date of 10th/12th December (it varies depending which part of the website or email you read!) which I can understand, as this stuff is special order from their suppliers, but I'm surprised they plan to keep deposits even for orders cancelled before that date.

Also you can't amend your order on the website, you have to phone them to make changes?

I thought it would just be like every other supermarket collection service in that I could place my approximate / expected order now but would be able to go on again nearer December (before the 10th, fair enough) and adjust quantities etc.

Looks like they have tightened up the T&Cs this year, they seem pretty brutal, reads to me as though even if I cancel tomorrow, months ahead of Christmas they're still going to keep £40. There is a cut off date of 10th/12th December (it varies depending which part of the website or email you read!) which I can understand, as this stuff is special order from their suppliers, but I'm surprised they plan to keep deposits even for orders cancelled before that date.

Also you can't amend your order on the website, you have to phone them to make changes?

I thought it would just be like every other supermarket collection service in that I could place my approximate / expected order now but would be able to go on again nearer December (before the 10th, fair enough) and adjust quantities etc.
It has always been more strict than a normal supermarket delivery/collection. And editing has always been a pain, pretty sure it has always been a phone call. The one year I did edit when I went to collect they had picked my old order and I had to show them the emails and get them to repick it while I held up the queue of people. So that was pretty embarrassing.

It means I generally umm and ahh over it for a week at least and then don't get a good slot 😅

Reactions: 5
The clementine hot chocolate is AMAZING! Hotel Chocolat did a version of their own a few years ago but it was a festive one off and I haven’t seen it again. I would say the Velvetiser is worth the money. I use mine regularly and the drinks are always delicious with no clumpy powdery bits 🤢
The salted caramel and clementine? As they have that for sale now. Not seen just a clementine one as I think I’d prefer it. I can’t taste clementine just the salted caramel. My favourite has to be the almond and cinnamon flavour 🤤

It has always been more strict than a normal supermarket delivery/collection. And editing has always been a pain, pretty sure it has always been a phone call. The one year I did edit when I went to collect they had picked my old order and I had to show them the emails and get them to repick it while I held up the queue of people. So that was pretty embarrassing.

It means I generally umm and ahh over it for a week at least and then don't get a good slot 😅
It's a shame, they have some amazing products, but their ordering process is so clunky and mean.

The equivalent from a High Street store is Waitrose Entertaining, who aren't quite as innovative on the products as M&S, but at least the ordering process for Waitrose Entertaining goes hand in hand with their normal home shopping arrangements, the only real difference for the Entertaining products is an earlier cut off date for making changes to the order, but that's to be expected when they're special products.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.