M&S Food #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you taste the gerkin in them?
Yes you can apparently, I scored an extra one because of the gherkin flavour but that might be because they read it had gherkin in it if you know what I mean? It wasn’t a massive gherkin IMO

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I posted in he Food and D ink section instead of here about my visits to two M&S stores in search of the spice loaf to no avail. I managed to score a pumpkin yum nut though and some burger slaw. I also bought some russet apples and tried one yesterday. It was fantastic. Hadn’t had a russet in quite a few years. Will be going back to get some more.

This is also my question lol Gherkins are devil food 🤣
I don't like gherkins but like burger sauce and I thought they were delish.

I didn't try it on it's own though. If you don't like burger sauce (which does contain gherkins) then i don't think you will like them. But if you like burger sauce give them a bash!

I couldn’t detect any gherkin flavour in the spring roll itself. The sauce has gherkins in it and the vinegary tang of them. I love gherkins and the burger sauce - I bought a bottle of it after trying the burger slaw a few weeks ago. Controversially I think you could get the spring rolls and dip them in anything you do like - ketchup, mustard, sweet chilli sauce etc. and they’d still be delicious!

Reactions: 3
Just got back from M&S got a pumpkin spiced loaf they had quite a few at my store some of the dates were the 7th of Nov. They had loads of the Xmasparty food including the burger spring rolls but I didn't buy any as my freezer is full at the mo. I'm taking my mum next week so I might stock up then.

I too just got back from M&S (last min Halloween food haul) they had loads of those pumpkin cakes and yumnuts- I bought those burger spring rolls and tried some for lunch- 10/10 recommend!

I wonder if anyone will be lucky enough to get a yellow sticker pumpkin cake. We’ve got a dozen Halloween Krispy Kremes for today 🎃, this cake consumption needs to calm down when they r back to school tomorrow !

I wonder if anyone will be lucky enough to get a yellow sticker pumpkin cake. We’ve got a dozen Halloween Krispy Kremes for today 🎃, this cake consumption needs to calm down when they r back to school tomorrow !
I’m popping by later this afternoon in the hope of some Halloween yellow stickers 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Is the Halloween stuff likely to be reduced today? I figure it's more likely to be reduced once it's near the use by dates?

Reactions: 1
Is the Halloween stuff likely to be reduced today? I figure it's more likely to be reduced once it's near the use by dates?
I think the chocolates and stuff will be reduced quickly, maybe not the cakes. Will have a look tomorrow.

Popped in today to get a few treats and ended up with a load of snacks, bakery bits and then OH wanted the American dine in deal. So we went for pulled pork, burgers, coleslaw, onion rings, mozerella dippers & the churros. Also got the dirty fries on yellow sticker.

was also told I had an addiction:rolleyes:. I so almost picked up the Cornish cruncher baked cheese…next time.
28F1005D-17BB-46A0-B7CD-16B06F035DC4.jpeg
no reduced Halloween bits here

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wondering this too or thinking I should just go early in the morning tomorrow.

Popped in today to get a few treats and ended up with a load of snacks, bakery bits and then OH wanted the American dine in deal. So we went for pulled pork, burgers, coleslaw, onion rings, mozerella dippers & the churros. Also got the dirty fries on yellow sticker.

was also told I had an addiction:rolleyes:. I so almost picked up the Cornish cruncher baked cheese…next time.
View attachment 839377no reduced Halloween bits here
That looks fab, all of it !

I think they will reduce the confectionery and light up tins etc tomorrow. They’ll want to take advantage of any last minute trade today. Then it will be BAM!! Full Christmas mode!!! Christmas music must be due to start in the next 2 weeks I reckon!

Reactions: 5
Have an Ocado order coming later this evening, I finalised it last night and there was loads of the M&S Halloween stuff on for half or a third off, especially the sweets. So I ordered a few bits, will see later how much of it I actually get, when they turn up. Ocado are not the best at actually managing to deliver what their website claims is in stock.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.