Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Limey

VIP Member
Went to get the Basque cheesecake today, didn't expect it to be a massive one for a tenner so left without 😭 Did, however, come out with yellow sticker big mac and cheese, yellow sticker cheesecake spheres and almond biscuits. 😋 Also an Irish soda bread which I've not seen on the bakery before. Spent £14, so maybe I should have just got the cheesecake. 🤦‍♀️
The Irish soda bread is divine, I've gone through a full one in a couple of days 😂

HoGi

VIP Member
Would love for them to open stores in new places. Lakeside already has a huge one, why do you need another? I currently have to travel for half an hour to get to my local M&S. For years there have been rumours of one being built in my town - why can't they concentrate on us folk not living in major cities?
The article I read stated the lakeside M&S are relocating. So instead of a big store halfway down the centre, they will be at the end of the centre. Which does make more sense as there is direcr access to the carpal etc.

However lakeside will just be left with a huge store halfway down instead. So doesn't really make the centre as a whole more appealing.

Clickbait

VIP Member
I picked up some of the white flesh nectarines. Wow. Possibly the nicest juiciest piece of fruit I’ve ever had. My little girl had two at once.
I bought some and was blown away. Next time I bought some they were inedible, the flesh was like cotton wool. I no longer had the receipt or I’d have taken them back.

Jellybean79

VIP Member
I’ve had the chocolate ones and they are nice but not as nice as the blonde ones from last year which they don’t seem to be doing this year. Can recommend Sainsburys ones with chocolate in.
Thank you 😊 Did you toast them? Or are they better untoasted?

kev1974

VIP Member
Just gave the Haggis Scotch Egg a try, and the Haggis/Cheese Bake thing. Enjoyed both. But I should imagine they were both Burns Night specials so will probably disappear now that's been and gone.

Had the cornish cruncher arancini balls as well the other day, they were nice! But could have done with some sort of marinara type sauce with them. I put a bit of ketchup on the side, not quite right but better than nothing.

Burrito88

VIP Member
Am I right in thinking the self checkouts didn’t weigh your items previously? So they just trusted customers not to add things without scanning… maybe they’ve been losing a lot of stock this way

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
i’ve had some sparks vouchers through the post, there are 4 £5 off a £40 shop, does anyone know if i can use them all on the same shop?

rivermonster

VIP Member
Me too! I signed up last week and I think it must be by calendar month as I’ve already had 2 of the £10 vouchers. I’m also in an embarrassing amount so they’ll defo get used easily
I live within an easy walkable distance of M & S and have looked at this a few times as I already have their credit card and do lots of shopping in there and I would only get a freebie drink out of it and they would have my £120 for 12 months. There is no delivery service at my branch so not applicable so will be interested to know if there is anything worthwhile to be gained by having one.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I also have lots of offers but they are 50p off this and that, no percentage discounts. I do have 50p off pasta which is something I buy from them so that's a plus. I also have a free percy pig drink of some kind but it looks foul
Percy pig drink sounds 🤢!!! You'll have to try it and report back!

No offers for me, except for men's clothing

A1992

Probably a stupid question but can’t seem to see the answer on their website: for sparks plus, are you able to spend the £10 voucher on food? Or is it only on home/clothing? Anyone know?

qwikti

Chatty Member
Has anyone tried the Black Daal? Saw it being hyped on social media, so bought one and now I'm curious whether it is really good