M&S Food #11 Moley please we're a simple bunch, we just want free Merry Munch!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got the magic coffee the other day and it was the lady’s first time making one. It was quite nice. Can’t believe the price of the food in the cafe! £5 for a sandwich cut into triangles. £2 for an iced bun.
I find the cafe too expensive and the choice of sandwiches, at least in my local M&S, to be poor. I do like the coffee.

Reactions: 3
I got the magic coffee the other day and it was the lady’s first time making one. It was quite nice. Can’t believe the price of the food in the cafe! £5 for a sandwich cut into triangles. £2 for an iced bun.
I watched the promo but still couldn't quite work out what it was- is it just a different milk/coffee ratio to lattes and cappuccinos? I agree about the prices, me and my little one used to go to the cafe before doing the shop but for me the extra money doesn't match up with the quality of the experience. We usually go to a local coffee shop first now and can get a really nice coffee, a hot chocolate and a sarnie or cake to share for cheaper and it's a much nicer atmosphere and quality.

I popped in earlier and the shelves looked very empty, I've been trying to get the frozen cookies for ages and they've removed the label on the shelf now so have no chance of getting any 😭 still impressed with the veg though all I got was carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and some chicken which feels wrong.

Reactions: 2
I watched the promo but still couldn't quite work out what it was- is it just a different milk/coffee ratio to lattes and cappuccinos? I agree about the prices, me and my little one used to go to the cafe before doing the shop but for me the extra money doesn't match up with the quality of the experience. We usually go to a local coffee shop first now and can get a really nice coffee, a hot chocolate and a sarnie or cake to share for cheaper and it's a much nicer atmosphere and quality.
There are 2 M&S's near me, in one of them the cafe is usually fairly quick to get served in and tables are clean. In the other (bigger and busier) one, the queue for food and coffee can be quite long and tables not always cleared quickly - place is understaffed. I don't want to pay extra money for M&S cafe over local cafes especially when M&S is too slow and dirty tables, its not a premium experience

I would say it’s like a cortado/flat white type kind of drink. I quite liked it but I like strong coffee that’s not too milky. I just pop in there for convenience as I pass it en route to work. There are much nicer local coffee shops where you can get coffee and a homemade cake for much less than M&S cafe prices.

I tried the magic coffee in their cafe today, it came in a tiny glass and didn't taste much different to a normal latte. I was expecting it to be similar to the whipped coffee that went viral in lockdown.

Reactions: 1
Is it just me that thinks their re branded cereal looks cheap. It certainly isnt cheap. They look like cereal you find at aldi...

The cereals came back in different packaging so really hoping the pitta chips are the same 🤞🤞
no they didn't . The ones they discontinued are a lot different. I got a bag of the Four Berry Mueslii n when i went back for another because it was amazing they have replaced the plastic bags with boxes with plastic on (so MORE packaging for what appears to be a smaller amount) There is now NO Granola or Muesli that has any fruit in of any kind (they also stopped the pineapple coconut one) Only seed and nut ones that not even likes or can have

The shelves and fridges in my local M&S were empty today! There was so much missing I had to go to asda after 🙄

The shelves and fridges in my local M&S were empty today! There was so much missing I had to go to asda after 🙄
Mine is like this a lot of the time, it either looks like it’s been looted or it’s awash with random stuff I don’t like 😝 I’m in Ireland though and their supply chain issues are the reason I only go in a couple of times a year now.

no they didn't . The ones they discontinued are a lot different. I got a bag of the Four Berry Mueslii n when i went back for another because it was amazing they have replaced the plastic bags with boxes with plastic on (so MORE packaging for what appears to be a smaller amount) There is now NO Granola or Muesli that has any fruit in of any kind (they also stopped the pineapple coconut one) Only seed and nut ones that not even likes or can have
Waitrose do a lovely berry granola £2.75

Mine is like this a lot of the time, it either looks like it’s been looted or it’s awash with random stuff I don’t like 😝 I’m in Ireland though and their supply chain issues are the reason I only go in a couple of times a year now.
The Galway store seems to go through periods where its shelves are just teeming with pork pies and little else! Pork pies being one of the things I just would never eat 🥴

Is it just me that thinks their re branded cereal looks cheap. It certainly isnt cheap. They look like cereal you find at aldi...
I agree about what the boxes look like, although the cornflakes and Rice Krispies are nicer than Kelloggs (I think so anyway, and they’re cheaper)

I was in today and im almost certain they had a berry granola, they’d one with raisins too and I can’t remember the other but I’m sure there were 3 that were a bit fruity

Just been in, still no pitta chips. I'm worried that maybe they've been discontinued.
I bought the pack of small bags a couple of weeks ago, but they were really hard! And so of the packs seemed stale. Don't think I'll risk it for a while, they were well in date.

They're opening 20 new stores apparently! Probably funded by all of the fangs we bought.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.