Lydia Millen #87 Poor Porter has been disregarded, pheasant wallpaper is to be restarted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe that she’s bought or even has a “cottage” lined up, but I do wonder why she’s buying plates etc for said cottage, only to keep them in storage until they get the “cottage”.

Surely that could take years? is she a hoarder?

I just don’t get it - I’m in the process of buying property and I’m not buying any items for it until I’ve exchanged. Her approach just seems very... premature?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She's made herself into a total parody of what she thinks a posh country lady is - I hate the word posh, its so ignorant! Then every so often she slips back into her true self. As other tattlers have said, you only have to look at vlogs from a couple of years ago to see how she's changed her accent and become completely pretentious, self absorbed and obsessed with the decor of her modern bungalow. I can only see this scenario getting worse until she actually implodes, or Ali leaves her, or she decides her career is dead and tries to do something else.

I am thinking that it will be the last option and that she knows it is heading this way. Her instagram posts are few and far between compared to a couple of years ago, the pandemic hasn't helped as she will have lost loads of work through that, as other influencers have, and no doubt she is doing one off jobs with brands that don't re-book her because of her horrible behaviour. She's not done anything with Boodles since she tried to steal a necklace, nothing since the Christmas job with Tiffany. Haven't seen any of the new Bulgari bags land on her doorstep either. I think that is why she's pushing the gardening and home content, everything beauty and fashion is drying up.

It always makes me laugh when I see other influencers doing things or getting things that I know will piss her labiaship off. Look at Claire - massive extension being completed - furniture from Timothy Oulton - everything taking its time and in her style, then she goes and gets the non surgical nose treatment at Harrods - better than Dr. Ayad in the bunga! Always doing work with Net a Porter and other big brands. She's cultivated relationships with a small number of brands and they are loyal to her.

same with Victoria, Amelia and loads of others isn't it, have we seen any good beauty brands send freebies to Lidl lately, promotions or anything? Maybe she doesn't show them on vlogs, maybe she thinks her viewers want Amazon hauls and unboxing of plates and rose bushes, who knows but we make it all funnier than the real life pitiful existence she has!

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Morning my lovelies, oh what a start to the day its throwing it down with rain but my water butt lawns need it so I wont complain. Anyway I'm catching up on last nights posts with a drink of yorkshire Fortnum's tea in my Le Creuset mug then I'm going to have a shower of DREAMS using my Laura Mercier shower gel, ooh how bloody bougie I'm so EXCITED.:giggle:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She's made herself into a total parody of what she thinks a posh country lady is - I hate the word posh, its so ignorant! Then every so often she slips back into her true self. As other tattlers have said, you only have to look at vlogs from a couple of years ago to see how she's changed her accent and become completely pretentious, self absorbed and obsessed with the decor of her modern bungalow. I can only see this scenario getting worse until she actually implodes, or Ali leaves her, or she decides her career is dead and tries to do something else.

I am thinking that it will be the last option and that she knows it is heading this way. Her instagram posts are few and far between compared to a couple of years ago, the pandemic hasn't helped as she will have lost loads of work through that, as other influencers have, and no doubt she is doing one off jobs with brands that don't re-book her because of her horrible behaviour. She's not done anything with Boodles since she tried to steal a necklace, nothing since the Christmas job with Tiffany. Haven't seen any of the new Bulgari bags land on her doorstep either. I think that is why she's pushing the gardening and home content, everything beauty and fashion is drying up.

It always makes me laugh when I see other influencers doing things or getting things that I know will piss her labiaship off. Look at Claire - massive extension being completed - furniture from Timothy Oulton - everything taking its time and in her style, then she goes and gets the non surgical nose treatment at Harrods - better than Dr. Ayad in the bunga! Always doing work with Net a Porter and other big brands. She's cultivated relationships with a small number of brands and they are loyal to her.

same with Victoria, Amelia and loads of others isn't it, have we seen any good beauty brands send freebies to Lidl lately, promotions or anything? Maybe she doesn't show them on vlogs, maybe she thinks her viewers want Amazon hauls and unboxing of plates and rose bushes, who knows but we make it all funnier than the real life pitiful existence she has!
Try to steal a necklace?? Can you fill me on that story? :O
Also somebody mentioned in a previous thread that she somehow did something wrong to Tiffany but did not end up explaining it...?

Reactions: 17
Try to steal a necklace?? Can you fill me on that story? :O
Also somebody mentioned in a previous thread that she somehow did something wrong to Tiffany but did not end up explaining it...?

She did a shoot with Boodles and accidentally walked out of the property with a diamond necklace on of theirs.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
She did a shoot with Boodles and accidentally walked out of the property with a diamond necklace on of theirs.
Thank you for the explanation. I didn’t know that...:O wow...when I think that she could not get any stupider in my eyes, than Voilà! 🤦‍♀️ *bespoke-made facepalm*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t believe that she’s bought or even has a “cottage” lined up, but I do wonder why she’s buying plates etc for said cottage, only to keep them in storage until they get the “cottage”.

Surely that could take years? is she a hoarder?

I just don’t get it - I’m in the process of buying property and I’m not buying any items for it until I’ve exchanged. Her approach just seems very... premature?
She's "manifesting" the cottage. 🥴 Instead of getting up off her lazy arse and working hard to achieve her goals, she's putting it out to the universe to hand the cottage to her.
Entitled.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Long time lurker here (isn't that how we all start our first post here :p)

I've been watching Lydia for about 2 years now and I want to throw it out there that I'm rooting for her. I'm from Los Angeles but now live in Europe and have worked in corporate fashion for many years and have a lot of friends in tv, film and influencing. As someone who is quite familiar with the back end of celebrity and influencer culture, I really have a lot of admiration for content creators. It's SUPER hard work, no matter what anyone says, and these people are really putting themselves out there and have created collectively a multi-billion dollar industry in a relatively few short years.

When I first started watching her, I thought her content was just nice, mindless content to help chill after a long day. She's a pretty woman with a nice home and spoke to ''us'' like we are all girlfriends just getting a view into her daily shops and home updates. After a while, though, her content just started feeling a bit...manic. I also started to be a bit annoyed that she increasingly scolded us as viewers for being negative.

Her constant calling out of negativity was really annoying and confusing to me because I felt like she became more and more fixated on the ''haters'' and less and less engaging with us innocents who just watch her content for a bit of innocent fun. Then her constant hauls and speaking about sustainability was just so disingenuous. I don't think I need to go to deeply into the whole Nicky and constant home gutting/remodeling since I think that POV is well covered in this thread. Also, I, as a black woman, rolled my eyed *with my whole chest* when her whole BLM and social awareness lasted for the amount of time it took for her to name drop Chanel Ambrose. It started feeling overall like we, as viewers, are a foolish lot not clued in to the game of influencing.

All this leads me back to where I started: I'm really rooting for her.

Lydia, like ALL of us, is a flawed human who I choose to believe is doing the best she can to BE the best she can. Unfortunately I think she feels the need to adopt a whole new persona to acheive this. It's PAINFULLY obvious and makes me feel a lot of compassion for the things she has experienced in life that clearly makes her feel like who she is at her core needs such altering. It's admirable to desire upward mobility, but it's a whole different conversation about what we see in her vlogs.

I don't feel like she needs to film some mea culpa or publically acknowlege anything that she's done to date (although an apology to Nicky would probably be great press for her tbh--people love seeing ''celebrities'' own up to being shady and then honestly seeming to evolve).

I live with the hope that one day I'll watch one of her vlogs and see just a normal, relatable woman wanting a better life for herself and loving to indulge in multiple passions along the way.

I watch other content creators like Patricia Bright who unpretentiously creates style AND valuable and actionable ''girlboss'' content for her followers because she's investing in herself to always learn and grow. Frow films great reels for fashion and beauty and you can tell she has a real joy and passion around what she's doing. Josie and Freddy are controversial girls for their own reasons, but Freddy is doing an AMAZING job showing her home reno and both she and Josie don't seem to be afraid to roll up their sleeves and do the work to create the environments they want. Lydia Dinga just wrapped up an awesome series walking her followers through everything involved in her whole home glow up. Seeing Mollie Mae be transparent about her work that she had done being a mistake and watching the reversal process has been interesting. Fleur is an endless infomercial but even she does a good job of showing the real human/mom/wife behind the products. Jenn Im did a video sometime recently about what she learned in her 20s and it was so amazing to see her reflectively look back at her highs and lows and in the past few years she has put so much work into evolving as a person and you can FEEL that through her content. None of these ladies are perfect, and that's what makes them compelling. They're flawed, their missteps are public, and their GROWTH is public and that's why it's nice to continue watching their journeys.

I want Lydia to have a brutally honest reflection and then do the hard work of evolving. She's a beautiful woman extenally and I 100% want to see her living an honest, fullfilling, beautiful life that isn't driven by keeping up with the Josies/Vics, but rather just being the best she can be irregardless of what anyone else has or is doing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
It was the way she over-explained it in her vlog...non-stop rambling...then making Cawwee email Boodles. It all just seemed so disingenuous. Of course we may have just been cynical, but it appeared like she had taken it in the hope Boodles would just allow her to keep it. We've seen time and time again how she's underwhelmed with gifts from brands and Ali...her facial expressions give her away completely. Like when she forgot about the Dior Christmas PR under the tree...rather then opening on camera when received. The same recently with the Tom Ford beauty PR...'apparently Tom Ford haven't sent me everything'. They kept sending you more in the hope you would showcase the products or yanno at least mention them...maybe once. She genuinely believes they are gifts JUST for her. No wonder brands are dropping her...she'll be generating them no sales. I'm not saying she's an idiot, but...

@Chatty Kattie Thank you for the recommendation. 😘 I love California, not been to San Fran though, so definitely on our bucket list. Road trips are the best.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I just don’t understand why she’s trying to keep up with the Joneses. ITF buys a Hermes bag and suddenly Lydia has to have one. Josie buys a rental cottage and suddenly Lyd is looking at buying one. These are big life decisions and not just because her pal has one, should you rush to get one.
She’s trying so hard to portray that she is really happy with her eat, pray and love attitude. I really think all her posts look contrived, forced laughter, forced hand gestures etc. She is trying to portray her life as perfect and happy, but I think she is damn right miserable.
She is never happy with what she has, can’t maintain relationships, is extremely shallow, has a reputation for being a bully in her industry and to the lovely hair dresser. She tries to act all upper class, when realistically I would call her middle class. Yes she has one million in the bank as per her financial statement (although most is probably gone after her constant decorating over the last year) , but the likes of Poppy delivigne and mrs Alice are upper class socialites. Not the Ibiza stripping Lydia with her mucky tan, chavtastic behaviour, rock hard implants!
Sorry Lydia- but you will never be upper class when you’re stealing jewellery from high profile brands.

• Heart
You know what reading this thread does for me? Makes me so thankful for my hard working, humble life.

I have two babies who I love more than anything, a lovely home, a hard working, devoted husband. I have lovely friends that I can count on when I need them.

I have my beauty people that I go to consistently, and have done for years. My hairdresser is a doll, and her work is amazing. My nail lady is great. I’ve been going to the same eyelash tech for over 10 years.

I may not have the monetary, or the material things Lidl has, but I have so much more than her.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
So the millengordon magic is still working. :(View attachment 564702
I would only trust an actual chef or cook on the quality of a butcher block. They are so finicky to use and maintain that I would never buy a specific brand of someone’s initial impressions and/or mention. I trust the Boos brand and if someone said they loved it after their initial purchase, then fine. But, I feel, butcher blocks can look really beautiful and lay only a few months. What about the glue vs interlocking systems, does the block expand and break, if so, how much?
There’s no real point to this other than the fact that I’d never trust a recommendation from Lydia ever and I feel sad that that seemingly nice company worked with her.

Reactions: 24
I would only trust an actual chef or cook on the quality of a butcher block. They are so finicky to use and maintain that I would never buy a specific brand of someone’s initial impressions and/or mention. I trust the Boos brand and if someone said they loved it after their initial purchase, then fine. But, I feel, butcher blocks can look really beautiful and lay only a few months. What about the glue vs interlocking systems, does the block expand and break, if so, how much?
There’s no real point to this other than the fact that I’d never trust a recommendation from Lydia ever and I feel sad that that seemingly nice company worked with her.

The begging hits a new level - Carrie must be getting really good at this now! It has taken a while for the butchers block to materialise!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
You know what reading this thread does for me? Makes me so thankful for my hard working, humble life.

I have two babies who I love more than anything, a lovely home, a hard working, devoted husband. I have lovely friends that I can count on when I need them.

I have my beauty people that I go to consistently, and have done for years. My hairdresser is a doll, and her work is amazing. My nail lady is great. I’ve been going to the same eyelash tech for over 10 years.

I may not have the monetary, or the material things Lidl has, but I have so much more than her.
I agree 1000% and feel like this thread had made me a better person. It has made me so grateful for all that I have in life that’s non-material — a husband I am so grateful to have and adore, a job I love, a house were redoing and decorating slowly and with each paycheck, my health, and so many other things.

reading on this thread, and contributing, has made me a better person, and I can’t quite pinpoint why. I think reading and seeing Lydia behave has made me hyper-aware not to behave in the same way. It’s made me so aware of how people say things, and inspired me to end a toxic friendship with someone who’s a bit like Lydia — always comparing and competing and one-upping.
Anyway, I love this thread. 🥰

thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
lol! what happened then?. I know one of the owners of Boodles..... they offered to "loan" me a watch to wear so others might buy it... I said no thanks either give it to me completely or keep it.... so they kept it and I happily wear the two watches I owned already

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
To be fair, Lydia has always maintained that she doesn’t mention brands unless they have paid her and whatever we may think she does have influence. She’s made a good living thus far. However, she has boxed herself into a corner by isolating herself from the real world and she doesn’t have the inspirational input to create, hence the copying.

I think she’s reached saturation point with fashion, she’s so out of touch with real women and what they want to wear. She has much potential to be more engaging and successful, she needs younger more ‘in tune‘ advisors to inject colour and liveliness to what currently is dull and depressing content. That would entail relinquishing control and deferring to others’ suggestions, not easy for someone like her. Simply, she should be the face of her brand not the content creator. Oh yeah, and her posts should be edited before being published.

Well, that’s Lydia, I have advice for Ali too but that will do for now. 😃

• Heart
  • Haha
To be fair, Lydia has always maintained that she doesn’t mention brands unless they have paid her and whatever we may think she does have influence. She’s made a good living thus far. However, she has boxed herself into a corner by isolating herself from the real world and she doesn’t have the inspirational input to create, hence the copying.

I think she’s reached saturation point with fashion, she’s so out of touch with real women and what they want to wear. She has much potential to be more engaging and successful, she needs younger more ‘in tune‘ advisors to inject colour and liveliness to what currently is dull and depressing content. That would entail relinquishing control and deferring to others’ suggestions, not easy for someone like her. Simply, she should be the face of her brand not the content creator. Oh yeah, and her posts should be edited before being published.

Well, that’s Lydia, I have advice for Ali too but that will do for now. 😃
I agree, I don't think there is as much money either in "country style" influencers - country people keep their classic clothes longer and probably don't spend as much as people following trends suited to a city. She has made herself all about countryside style and gardening as I see it and her home content has to drop once the place is finally decorated?. Unless she becomes a cooking influencer but again where is the serious money in that unless its done very well.

I wonder what the exit plans are for FROW/Lydia/Josie ... one rental property (especially a short term holiday let) won't bring in enough to keep them and most of these "influencers" boyfriends don't have solid careers either... Surely it has to dry up as younger blood comes in and takes over the trend driven fashion aspect

Ive only recently found these people (out of boredom of covid restrictions!) and tbh I was surprised at how Lydia used to dress/look compared to now. Its like two completely different people .

Reactions: 35
What
I agree, I don't think there is as much money either in "country style" influencers - country people keep their classic clothes longer and probably don't spend as much as people following trends suited to a city. She has made herself all about countryside style and gardening as I see it and her home content has to drop once the place is finally decorated?. Unless she becomes a cooking influencer but again where is the serious money in that unless its done very well.
I know one clothing company (actually were oil I think cotton essentially is what they sort of developed for essentially fishermen on the North Sea least originally) Barbour jackets/coats yeah essentially is what the Monarch Elizabeth II wears, think is one of them with the most Royal Warrants as well lol, run a repair service from their factory in either North or South Shields near Newcastle well off more to Tynemouth really lol, waxed coats is what they're massively known for

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.