Lydia Millen #86 Lydia Elise Millen is gone. Lydia Millen is here to con.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bespoke means custom-made—made based on the specifications of the person ordering it, as in a bespoke suit. ... In its strictest sense, bespoke means made-to-order, but it's often applied to things that aren't actually made specifically for someone but that are simply made individually, as opposed to being mass-produced.

Well lidl, you don’t have any bespoke jewelry for someone so lux and so high up in the air or up their arse!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Oh Josie and Amelia are meeting up without Lydia. She must be on the floor!

And every single person is dressed in a normal jeans, jacket, shoes and there Josie sits in all white and a fluffy dress and sandals. Josie and Lydia must look so strange prancing around England dressed like this in regular places. (aka not a wedding or the ascot)

View attachment 563698View attachment 563699View attachment 563700
Vision of a berk more like heck that made me laugh!

Actually, I was glancing at her comments section earlier and one American was suggesting she use ‘custom made’ instead of bespoke as it’s a word not widely used in the States - I’m like it’s not widely used anywhere outside the Bunga! Enough with bespoke - trigger word for me too.
Just wait until they ever have to have it (the bunga) repointed, she'll be calling the whole monstrosity of thing they call a home bespoke then 🤦‍♀️

Bespoke means custom-made—made based on the specifications of the person ordering it, as in a bespoke suit. ... In its strictest sense, bespoke means made-to-order, but it's often applied to things that aren't actually made specifically for someone but that are simply made individually, as opposed to being mass-produced.

Well lidl, you don’t have any bespoke jewelry for someone so lux and so high up in the air or up their arse!
My uncle had a bespoke pure glass table (could see what people were doing under it haha, plus a coffee table with like 4 stands at each corner which were, was all fine when until working on an advertising project and someone with a watch took a rather large chunk out of the the dining room table lol (said he'd slap a $3,000AUD bill on his invoice I dont think he actually did was more of a joke)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I stayed there for a week and loved it - there was a Chanel boutique on street level and I would walk by every day to get to the lobby and point out the pair I loved but Mr M-K didn’t fold! I am very lucky because my brother lives in Manhattan so I get great U.S. holidays because he has a holiday home in West Hampton beach as well - so best of both worlds. I absolutely love the States. I dream of returning to Chicago, though, I really loved it. 🇺🇸

Vaccines speeding up here too - freedom is beckoning!!🇮🇪
I love the States too. 😍 We're currently planning our honeymoon for next year and, are hoping to travel across both North and South America for eight weeks. Chicago is on my bucket list, as I've never been before. I'll definitely be asking for recommendations nearer the time. 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 32
View attachment 563803Hi, long time lurker here! Not sure if anyone else noticed but in her latest vlog she’s got holes in her jumper!
Maybe she’s trying to match Ali’s socks 🤷‍♀️🤣
Those are bespoke holes in her Amazon turtle neck. Not everyone can be so special to have bespoke holes from Amazon. Only Lydia can be that one person in the universe lol

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Those are bespoke holes in her Amazon turtle neck. Not everyone can be so special to have bespoke holes from Amazon. Only Lydia can be that one person in the universe lol
Maybe she’s trying to emulate Tamara’s Prada cut-out sweater 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So I went ahead and watched the first video she's ever done and wow. This is what I mean about putting on various personas.

Here's the summary.
Facts about me, her first video: November 5th 2014. 7 minutes and 14 seconds.
  1. Haven’t cut he hair since 8 years. Had far too many bad haircuts and since shaving the sides of her head, she couldn’t be trusted at the hair dresser and her hair became a security blanket.
  2. Can deadlift her own bodyweight
  3. Obsessed with posh teas (can spend hours in the isle at the super market buy the poshest teas, leave them in the cupboard and never drink them)
  4. Parents and grandparents are Italian, Sicilian, Maltese, Austrian and North African decent.
  5. Unhealthy obsession with peanut butter
  6. Went to University of Northampton (almost didn’t) and studying marketing
  7. Doesn’t squat (knee injury that stops her dropping below 90 degrees)
  8. Hates tomatoes and mushrooms
  9. Loves pizza
  10. Beauty school drop out (managed 1 year)
  11. Can ski and ski board
  12. Loves the smell of Lavender
  13. Doesn’t wear extensions
  14. Not adventurous with makeup
  15. Descended from royalty
  16. Favorite body part to train in the gym is abs
  17. Petrified of spiders, moths, flies, bees, wasps
  18. Middle child (has older brother who’s not social media savvy, younger sister who’s 10 and is amazing at Youtube)
  19. Has a boyfriend who does all the meal prep
  20. Blog is 3 years old
  21. Can’t handle seeing other people cry (also starts crying and hates it because she used to never cry)
  22. Strange when it comes to perfumes. Gets headaches.
  23. Dad had great taste in music and she does too now (grown up listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, now loves pop, R&B )
  24. She has wide feet. Loves wearing heels but it’s painful
  25. 6 months ago moved to Milton Keys to live with her boyfriend. He moved from Northampton and she moved from Aislburry (?? I’m not familiar with English areas correct me if I’m wrong)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Uh oh... Charlie got a new shed... and it’s a booogie one from BUH-FUHD garden center. Guess we can bet Ali will get one now but that it will be better and of course planned way before today.

6A229112-6D78-47EC-9CAF-DA2E13B1386F.jpeg

"To be perfectly honest with you", I have never even heard of a water butt until I saw the very shiny water butt of DREAM. I was always under the assumption water butt was part of her language. I've seen rain barrel but never in aluminum. Environmentally friendly and lydia do not go together given the amount of things she has accumulated in the attic. Apologies if I offended any of you ladies :)
Same gurl... never heard of them and honestly not surprised as I’m not pretending to be a gardener lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
So I went ahead and watched the first video she's ever done and wow. This is what I mean about putting on various personas.

Here's the summary.
Facts about me, her first video: November 5th 2014. 7 minutes and 14 seconds.
  1. Haven’t cut he hair since 8 years. Had far too many bad haircuts and since shaving the sides of her head, she couldn’t be trusted at the hair dresser and her hair became a security blanket.
  2. Can deadlift her own bodyweight
  3. Obsessed with posh teas (can spend hours in the isle at the super market buy the poshest teas, leave them in the cupboard and never drink them)
  4. Parents and grandparents are Italian, Sicilian, Maltese, Austrian and North African decent.
  5. Unhealthy obsession with peanut butter
  6. Went to University of Northampton (almost didn’t) and studying marketing
  7. Doesn’t squat (knee injury that stops her dropping below 90 degrees)
  8. Hates tomatoes and mushrooms
  9. Loves pizza
  10. Beauty school drop out (managed 1 year)
  11. Can ski and ski board
  12. Loves the smell of Lavender
  13. Doesn’t wear extensions
  14. Not adventurous with makeup
  15. Descended from royalty
  16. Favorite body part to train in the gym is abs
  17. Petrified of spiders, moths, flies, bees, wasps
  18. Middle child (has older brother who’s not social media savvy, younger sister who’s 10 and is amazing at Youtube)
  19. Has a boyfriend who does all the meal prep
  20. Blog is 3 years old
  21. Can’t handle seeing other people cry (also starts crying and hates it because she used to never cry)
  22. Strange when it comes to perfumes. Gets headaches.
  23. Dad had great taste in music and she does too now (grown up listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, now loves pop, R&B )
  24. She has wide feet. Loves wearing heels but it’s painful
  25. 6 months ago moved to Milton Keys to live with her boyfriend. He moved from Northampton and she moved from Aislburry (?? I’m not familiar with English areas correct me if I’m wrong)
I actually think she comes across as quite sweet in this. What happened to her? The accent change is hilarious!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

It actually KILLS me when she says "bespoke made" ... so it's custom-made made.
Like when someone says "reverse backwards" :rolleyes: Ugh.

Uh oh... Charlie got a new shed... and it’s a booogie one from BUH-FUHD garden center. Guess we can bet Ali will get one now but that it will be better and of course planned way before today.

View attachment 563922

Same gurl... never heard of them and honestly not surprised as I’m not pretending to be a gardener lol
So the sob story of Ali not getting a shed was basically setting up the scenario of being gifted a shed.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

View attachment 563922

1,2,3 aldi gets a shed. Oups a sponsor/freebie, not paid for but not an advertisement !

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

View attachment 563922

Oh my... be still my heart. It’s part of the National Trust Collection. Come on really?! A tool shed? 🖕🏻 Charlie and your snooty name dropping tool shed. You are the tool! Lol

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
This is gonna be dead random but lol this has to be one of the funniest near the end of any song sung live ever Waken in Germany haha

Heck Dee's funny!

He once had a bit of an argument with this lady once at another show, who essentially never said anything or did anything just stood there lol 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Had a bit of a quiet afternoon today so decided to watch some old Housewives of Beverly Hills. Cant help but compare lovely Lids to Brandy. So much in COMMON & LITERALLY COMMON 🤣 but Lisa Rinna's love of juverderm !!!!!

Think Lids thinks she is Heather Dubrow though .
Maybe thats what her , Lady J & Amelia think they are Real housewives of Milton Keynes 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Had a bit of a quiet afternoon today so decided to watch some old Housewives of Beverly Hills. Cant help but compare lovely Lids to Brandy. So much in COMMON & LITERALLY COMMON 🤣 but Lisa Rinna's love of juverderm !!!!!

Think Lids thinks she is Heather Dubrow though .
Maybe thats what her , Lady J & Amelia think they are Real housewives of Milton Keynes 🤣
Oh such a good comparison! I was so happy that RONY was back! Love the new girl!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I would just like to reiterate, you don't have to subscribe (youtube) or follow (instagram, twitter) to see her toxic crap, everything she puts out is public, and if you do ever want to put yourself through it, you can watch you flogs on 'invidio' which means she gets no adsense money.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I love the States too. 😍 We're currently planning our honeymoon for next year and, are hoping to travel across both North and South America for eight weeks. Chicago is on my bucket list, as I've never been before. I'll definitely be asking for recommendations nearer the time. 😎
You must come to Cali. It’s got lots of stunning, off-the-beaten-path places to explore, like Joshua Tree National Park, bits of the old artful San Francisco, Carmel-by-the-sea and Big Sur forest, and the dreamy drive along the coast. My husband and I drove cross country right before the pandemic, and I’ve gotta say, there are hidden gems scattered everywhere. One of the sights that stole my heart was the Antelope Canyon X, with its cathedral ceilings of pink rock and awe-inspiring views. Love Chicago, too, it has great city energy, nice art/fashion scene and excellent eateries (if you are into food).

I know! So funny. I’m in the US and I definitely always try to consider how other countries may have different word usage.

However... I will say as an interior designer in the luxury sector.... Bespoke is rarely used as it just makes you sound like a tool. We say custom for the most part and I prob wouldn’t mind if she didn’t throw it around so much to try to make everything sound so fancy. I think it’s more her “way” of constantly using it to make herself feel superior that bugs me.
I’m in the US as well, and have been involved with the fashion industry (runway, catalog, campaigns) since I was 14. Curiously, in all these years, I’ve never heard any of the designers I worked with say “bespoke” anything. It just sounds so pretentious and bizarre, unless we are talking about Savile Row or really exceptional made-to-order pieces. I agree with everything you’ve said. Never mind that Lydia is sloppy and borderline illiterate, and rarely uses the word as it’s intended to be used, what really bugs me is her almost palpable desperation to come off better than she is, to convey her “high-end” status, to build this legend of wealth and luxury and exclusivity. She has failed to grasp that the world is changing, and so are its core values and ideals. What she considers lux and bespoke, in reality, feels try-hard, stifled and dated.

For my graduate class in business development, I might do a case study of Lydia’s brand. Of how, and why, it continues to stay afloat, despite the many missteps. There’s so much material to mine in her vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.