Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

katiesmith81

VIP Member
Can any of the amazing tattle techsperts tell us in ‘tech for dummies language’ what’s going on with the launch of the new LEM Ode to a Narcissist site? It’s still down for me?
Apologies my yeah sleeping pattern sometimes goes out of whack lol, yeah could be due to either the web service on the host server going down or still either the database login stuff not working essentially (was at one point an extension which was missing as well), though now seems to be up and working now

Reactions: 5

Margo Polo

VIP Member
Definitely NOT lydia. I would assume either Charlie (in spirit) or the naked PR man or his Indian BFF. 😁 😅 I wish Instagram will show us who looked at the reel. I want to know if Charlie peeped or gawked 🤪
I tried to see in the reflection, but could not make it out.

• Haha

katiesmith81

VIP Member
She's uploaded a post on IG rambling about her launch but doesnt say what it is and her minions are confused. One said 'Is it a collab with LV and thats why you are holding the bag against your face?' oooh she wishes she could get a collab with LV.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Is probably the one of those high end ones I actually have a huge amount of respect for started off essentially making luggage for the French Aristocracy, rather they still do this where if you're willing to throw as much money for something can get one off things they're a f'ing fortune but still.... lol

Cut out all the insane things I've heard like I think well certainly was a 5 figure sum of some sort they got a bit of luggage or least that possibly a set for their pet lol, bonkers if you ask me but.... if someones worked for it then that's fair enough I think

katiesmith81

VIP Member
Oh thats a point when she's wiping that make up off her face with a towel, what did she apply with it a trowel?

Then decided (as I said earlier to dump her hands in mud and smear it across her cheeks), always looks horrible if you dont know what you're doing

Least I've got an excuse!

Or I could end up looking like (nothing against this person as they're a legend I think)
Conchita-Wurst-Austria-Eurovision-2015.jpg
😂😂😂

• Haha

katiesmith81

VIP Member
According to chloe digital they don't have their own hosting and just utilise whatever the current host is for the clients site. Hmmm. /nerd
Yeah on 2nd thought would think that'd be far more likely, dont think either she'd have the attention span for anything remotely like what I said earlier lol

katiesmith81

VIP Member
She spent all her pennies on renovating the entire house. Cant afford Ali's shed or a proper company.
I think this is all too complex for Lydia. you might need to dumb it down for her. It's time for #languagewithLydia. She can barely pronounce words, let alone process all these acronyms and digital speak. Maybe Lydia should enroll in @AmaliaLana 's mathematics course 🤓
Depends on what servers Operating System (really likely distribution of Linux but shhh haha) CentOS would be something like for install command being
yum install *php*mysql*

Sometimes are apt-get though depends on the yeah system thats been installed on the server though
Something like that anyway
Sorry, that role has been taken by my dad.

I can’t say TCP without saying it in a Victor Meldrew voice.
Getting awfully worried I'm starting turning into him haha

• Haha

katiesmith81

VIP Member
No, I'll do it as a certified course. The job agency would pay it.
I tried to get some certification when I still was in Uni, but I was in the Masters programme for Environmental Tox/Immunology and had to do it on my own. I came relatively far with the data bases course (basically sql), but in the end I had to focus on my actual courses for my degree and had to leave it, next semester I tried Python, but I didn't work out with the times of the exercise courses, they cancelled the only one, where I was free. So it made no sense for me to start it, if I couldn't go into the exercises, because I needed the solutions for the exercise sheets (they didn't load them up, you had to attend there physically). So I was sadly never able to do an exam.

I'm just so in awe, how they were able to fuck up this website launch. There was done so much wrong as it seems. Lauren Costly and now Costly digital. Lydia found really people that share her core values. 🤣
Ah yeah with the having other things which clash, had something similar rather erroneously the personal tutor (was an amazing man lol he was hilarious had a great sense of humour) said could go direct from the HND to BSc but actually though could do that would mean that couldn't put that back to the HND in the 2nd year, wanted to do Animation and Simulation, essentially was wanting to do BSc (hons) Computing - Multimedia Systems, has I'd originally applied pretty much from what was on my UCAS form essentially both at Teeside I think it might have been essentially there and Leeds for Computing and Multimedia Technology, so thought why not just put them both together (was though at the time Leeds Met lol)

Was really good though got a lot from it in the greater scheme of it all, I mean pretty much for the group project in the 2nd year spent most of the time doing Multimedia Tech stuff, had always dabbled with 3d Modelling and the like for years before then but always in Lightwave3D (converted to 3DS Max then after University) what I later found out (who's a massive hero to me in many ways though not a huge fan of his own music) when I think Newtek who still I think develop Lightwave3D (was used for the first Gillette Mach3 advert) created a load of software with them did Todd Rundrgen who produced Bat Out of Hell for Jim Steinman and Meatloaf. Yeah was essentially making multimedia stuff with adding in interactivity more than just say videos though lol what was in the two modules for both years

The things they had there though at University was simply impressive about £30,000 worth of permanently as such (as they do allow for temporary setups the company who makes the equipment that is for places like gyms and the like) of Vicon motion capture and doubled as a blue room and about 6 in total music studios that comprised of 2 live rooms with online (lined to) 2 control rooms and one post production room and another post production but also doubled as a foley room as well

Yeah with the bodge up of the site yeah really hugely amateurish it really wouldnt be that hard to sort out a database connection error even with an extension is just a case of installing it and (well I always do that) restart the web server but I'm not entirely convinced thats always needed lol, even without needing it testing to be quite honest like I think you said 10 minutes, I'd say though if that

• Heart

ella1979

VIP Member
So, here is Irene. Lidl loves to stalk Irene. Lidl loves the idea of what Irene has but definitely not prepared to put in the work. This is Irene’s ‘glasshouse’. Beautiful right? There are lots of things growing and there is shit everywhere! A proper ‘greenhouse’! No shop bought wilting plants in this one.
this is magnificent !

Reactions: 4

katiesmith81

VIP Member
Hey I wonder if Donald Sinclair of Gleneagles hotel maybe more like her, is who Basil Fawlty is categorically supposed to be based on, though less eccentric, I mean he once thought one of the Pythons cast Eric Idol's suitcase had a bomb in it, died due to a heart attack when he'd insulted apparently some maintenance crew who proceeded at night time in retaliation to paint all the pool furniture gun metal, died from a heart attack as a result (obviously not wishing that on Lydia though)

Things got so bad the cast and crew had to move out of the hotel due to his incompetence and find another but Cleese stayed there as he thought he
was hilarious, didnt think to open the bar during eating as the idea of people drinking when eating wasn't on his mind lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sinclair_(hotel_owner)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

katiesmith81

VIP Member
This room looks like a dungeon.....I bet there's implements of torture in that chest. 🗡🔪🗜🔩
Or the odd dead corpse

Yeah chris my mums partner (after a few former partners who didnt work out) is really happy from circa '97, he takes being a sci-fi buff to a whole new level, just finished watching again 12 Monkeys the original in '95 (just going to start watching the series on Amazon), has a whole ton of books of William Gibson's who essentially wrote about, well coined the term cyber-space among other things

Last edited:
Reactions: 3