Lydia Millen #85 House transformation's 50 shades of puke, latest collabs are just a fluke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WAIT A SECOND.

Ok, I’m in North America so I know butcher’s blocks as this:

View attachment 555807

She got a cutting board and is now saying it doesn’t fit?!? IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO. It’s for functional, not to fit your counter. Is she going to re-do the countertops now and make them wood?
I understand what she wants is to remove the end part of the new marble surface she had made and installed when she first redid the kitchen and have a timber bitchers (typo for butchers but just going to leave it here, think its appropriate) block inserted. What I dont understand is why she bought this big witches block if it's the wrong size, it would have cost a fortune. She will probably return it. She wont want a block that is too thick or it will be too high for Ali to reach to do any cutting on when he is cooking her food.

Well said! It was me who said about bringing experts.
I don't like Lidl, never have, and try not to watch her. As for reading any of her poorly constructed, error strewn writing, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. I suppose I find her an interesting case study and, of course, I love the discussions here.
What constantly baffles me is how she operates. I could understand if she put a lot of effort into 'paid for' work and not so much into other areas but she doesn't put effort into anything. She is presented with content opportunities by brands and engineers opportunities herself but fails to run with them.
Examples can be seen everywhere....
GHD event at the Shard. Did we see anything of interest about London, the location, the building (apart from the view), the room, the product? No.
Puppy. Did we hear about the process of buying a pup, how to choose a breed, a breeder, what to watch out for? Did we hear how to care for them, vet check ups, food, sleeping arrangements, grooming, safety? No.
Interior decoration. Did we understand how to choose a designer, the design process, honing your own style, choosing colours for different aspects, adding texture, materials? No.
Fashion. Has she ever discussed body shapes, styles for differential shapes, fabrics, capsule wardrobes, developing your style? No.
Gardening. Do we know the basic requirements, soil type, aspect, equipment, tools, seed and plant choice? No.
Brands. Do we know how to pronounce names, brand heritage, leather types, fabrics? No.
If I felt she put in some effort and really took us with her on these ventures I would have more respect. If she worked hard and educated herself I would warm to her. I've been on this thread long enough to know that feelings have changed towards her. She's not honest, hard working or likeable. In fact she's positively unpleasant and lazy a lot of the time.
I'm not sure where she is going but something has to change and I'm not sure she is capable of making that change.
FABULOUS post, I feel there have been soo many missed opportunities for her to produce some quite interesting content. Its like she goes out of her way to produce boring same old same old. I suppose if her audience are happy with the pap she serves up why bother changing it. Personally I would go bonkers if I wasn't challenging myself and trying to produce things that were new and different to other vloggers. I remember when ditzy old Josie even gave us a sewing lesson for facemasks, at least she was trying.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
🌳OUR BONNETS AND FROCKS GARDEN PARTY🌳

Chapter 3.

Everyone stares aghast as the distant donkey and trap is overtaken at top speed by Lady Dalrymple’s coach. Clearly it must be being drawn by racehorses judging by the speed at which it is going! The carriage screeches past the little donkey and trap on two wheels and the driver and the donkey are almost forced into a ditch as the horses tear down the drive at a breakneck gallop. The coach driver eventually brings the coach to a screeching standstill at the end of the driveway. Yes, gentle reader, the Gentleman driving the coach himself really was driving that fast!. The Gentleman reaches for his top hat and makes haste to tidy himself before handing the horses and carriage over to the waiting groom. He tries to compose himself before he enters the garden to meet all the guests who have now been gathered for a long time. Sir Stefano has arrived and he is nursing a great indisposition. Last night he was out carousing in London with The Prince Regent and Beau Brummell and he is unable to remember quite how many flagons of wine were drunk. Earlier this week he had received an personal invitation from Jane Austen to attend today which he was not sure he could reply to. However, his feelings of obligation have today outweighed his ardent need for the recovery of his liver. He was at school with Miss Austen’s brother and is well known to the family. He is to stay over night at Chawton House. Jane’s sister Cassandra has embroidered him a fine waistcoat and he is anxious to have sight of it. Presently though, he is disappointed to find himself still at the stage where he is talking out loud - to himself...

Sir Stefano - There is to be a tiny party here tonight. I hate tiny parties - they force one into constant exertion...

He looks longingly over to the lake where he notices that already some of the Gentlemen who will be Gentlemen are already fishing. He longs to join them but knows he must first pay his respects and try to engage his brain in the art of small talk. He sighs. Deeply.

Meanwhile, the eagle-eyed amongst us will notice that the little donkey and trap has almost made it to the end of the long driveway. It definitely is a poor relation if the appearance of the trap driver is anything to go by. Ah, yes it is Miss Oops who has made the three day journey from Bath with many a stop along the way to ensure the comfort of her rescue donkey Jenny. Jenny wears a jaunty old straw beach hat and a sanguine expression. Miss Oops on the other hand wear a frock covered in axle grease since the trap has offered her little in the way of good service on the journey here. She lost her bonnet somewhere along the Bath Road and her little bun looks enormously messy. Nevertheless she is a bundle of high expectation since she has heard that her one true love, Sir Gary Barlow has agreed to attend this garden party. He is a singer; a purveyor of love songs. She has loved him for many years from afar. This distance is known only to her since Sir Gary Barlow knows nothing of her existence. She cannot hope to gain anything more than the opportunity be be in his presence today. For he is the best of men. Once she has settled Jenny in the stable she notices that in the distance she can see a carriage fit for a star. Can it be..? Could it be..? Miss Oops stands clutching her reticule to her bosom beneath a beautiful Catalpa tree which casts dappled shade over her. She prays that somehow she may today look un-plain. Her heart beats. Her cheeks flush. She begins to feel overcome as the carriage draws ever nearer. She can see a finely dressed Gentleman seated on the back seat of the carriage. The Gentleman wears a silk top hat and a fine silk waistcoat and a beautifully tied lawn cotton cravat. He slowly turns his face to look straight at her and...she sees...she sees...Mr Ken Barlow! Gentle reader, allow me to repeat that - Mr Ken Barlow. Miss Oops stares straight ahead. She is catatonic. She is glued to the spot bearing a look of crestfallen disappointment. She is rescued by her two friends Miss Canthus and Mrs Milking-Bennet. Gently they guide her to the dog kennels behind the stables where they know she will hastily recover in the company of some beloved dogs.

Mrs Milking-Bennet -
Far be it for a woman of my breeding and status to complain but heads will roll for this! Mark my words - heads will roll! When I find out which imbecile in Production has made this heinous, hapless, humongous error I will show him my hinged Parisien parasol. He will not like it. Oh no - he will not. I will make it my business to make him rue his stupidity for the rest of his misbegotten life. This could kill her! Never in all of my life have I come across such a woeful Production team. Never! I will put in my formal complaint. If one does not complain how is one be pitied?

Miss Canthus - Production do not know their Eleagnus from their elbow Of that we may all be sure. Here Miss Oops - a pomander of freshly picked lavender. Breathe...breathe - let the wonderful fragrance revive you.

Miss Oops - He has not come dear ladies. He has not come. Must I forever suffer the desertion of favour from Fate?

Mrs Milking-Bennet - Come my dear - friendship is certainly the kindest balm for the pangs of disappointed love. Mr Archer Darcy - do not even think of going fishing. I will need you to wait on my every whim when we have sorted Miss Oops out with these dogs!

Mr Archer Darcy waits for Mrs Milking-Bennet to glance back at her friend before running like the wind to join the Gentlemen who have now all been very pleased to go fishing.

All the ladies who remain in the garden have naturally picked their delicate way towards the Maypole - for it is May Day. To be fond of dancing was a certain step to falling in love and yet our resourceful ladies have decided it is incumbent on them to make the best of it and take up a ribbon. Since the Gentlemen have deserted them - naturally, they decide to pay homage to the beautiful day - for in Spring all lady’s fancies turn to horticulture. They dance around the maypole as they sing;

We’re here in the country - oh isn’t it grand
Breathing fresh air and admiring the land
Isn’t it marvellous - isn’t it bliss?
Having a party in grounds such as this

We’re each of us grateful and couldn’t want more
Than roses around every window and door
Columbine, heart’s-ease plus foxgloves and phlox
With formalised plants of ligustrum and box

Every row serried in fullest of order
With lavender edgings to perfume each border
The garden transforms to a great work of art
And June will see much of the flowering start

Isn’t it fun dears and isnt it jolly?
Creating a lime walk and maybe a folly
Arches and arbours with burgeoning blooms
Fountains cascading, parterres, water flumes

Violets and chamomile, parsley and thyme
Rosemary, honesty, sage and woodbine
Iris, forget-me-nots, dewed alchemilla
All underplanted with snowdrops and scilla

This garden is lovely - no hint of decay
What a glorious choice to be out here all day
So find us a spade and our gardening boots
The weeds will be vanquished pulled out by the roots

We’re here in the country - oh isn‘t it grand?
Isn’t it marvellous isn’t it bliss?

The maypole ribbons have intertwined right down to the bottom and the ladies all fall to he floor. The church clock strikes four and Mrs Milking-Bennet has decided it is time for the Gentlemen to return. They have neglected their duties for long enough...

Mrs Milking-Bennet -
Ladies, I beg you - follow me. We will go together and bring back the Gentlemen. It has pleased them to neglect their duties to us for too long. We are like delicate hot-house flowers and we need to be administered unto constantly and consistently. I dropped my handkerchief earlier and had to pick it up myself! I have never heard of such a thing!

The ladies look at each other and decide to follow Mrs Milking-Bennet. They come to the edge of the lake and notice all the gentlemen are in their shirtsleeves and all have removed their cravats. They appear absorbed completely in their fishing whist listening to Sir Stefano reading them a comical Poem.

Sir Stefano - Gentlemen; I would like to recite for you my poem about a dream I had about Mr Darcy. It’s called Coarse Fishing. A-hem...

Today I walked with Darcy and I read to him a sonnet
We were down besides the river which had dragonflies upon it
And there my dear friend bade me stay - to sit a while and nod
I did - and I was mesmerised as he showed me his new rod
It was sixteen feet and rising and it’s really not surprising
That my eyes were out on stalks just like a pike
When he showed me how to use it - I said ‘Sir - do not abuse it
For that’s just the size of rod I really like
He lay there in his languor tying knots onto his flies
I watched him use his sculpted hands to shade his piercing eyes
He ran his skilful fingers through his glossy strands of hair
As I stood to attention trying not to gasp for air
He slept awhile beneath my gaze upon the mossy bank
Eventually as he awoke my soaring spirits sank

I could have watched forever - drinking every detail in
I offered him some ale then drowned my spawning thoughts with gin
He spoke to me quite openly - I grimaced and tut-tutted
When he told me of his lovely wife - I like the fish was gutted
Oh Mr Darcy can’t you see? I love you yes I do
And if you’d give me half a chance I think you’d love me too
The day too soon was ended - it was all a dream - a stunt
Imagine if we could have floated downstream in a punt
Yet I keep my dream here safe within - my heart still all a quiver
When I recall my perfect dream with Darcy - by the river

When the raucous laughter of the Gentlemen dies down Sir Stefano goes again...

And now Gentlemen a Poem about Mr Wickham...

I want to dip my wick in Wickham
Oh Mister Wickham turn those burning eyes on me
I want to dip my wick - Oh Mr Wickham be a brick...
Mrs Milking Bennet - (shrieking to drown out Sir Stefano) MR ARCHER DARCY! MR ARCHER DARCY!! MR ARCHER DARCY!!!

Her beseeching and most urgent call is SO loud that ALL the Gentlemen jump out of their skins and fall into the lake in a state of surprised shock at the same time. After a matter of moments each Gentleman resurfaces from underwater. Imagine now gentle reader the sight of ALL the Mr Darcys, Mr Knightly, Colonel Brandon, Captain Wentworth et al coming up for air at the same time. Their wet, white shirts are stuck to their rippling bodies and and they are now striding purposefully towards you. Yes. You! Just imagine it...Their steadfast gaze fixed upon YOU as they draw closer and closer and closer...

I will leave you with that thought gentle reader, until our May Day Garden Party next year...
I was waiting until I had optimum peace and quiet and a cup of coffee to read this masterpiece - I was aghast - poor Miss Oops - what a catastrophic mistake - Ken ... not our beloved Gary. Oh, no! Please tell me Miss Oops will get her man! I can’t cope with her heartache... 😪😪😪😪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Thread suggestion: (thanks to whoever coined the word 'webshite')

Lydia Millen #86 Webshite's a Fail, faux tupperware for sale - face it Lyds - just like your biscotti, you're stale!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I actually think all she did want was a new floor, I think it was the designer pushed her into redoing the whole place.
Imo Lydia is so stubborn, noone can force her to do anything. I mean who the hell pushes her to dress like THAT?
I refuse to call the creator of The Jurassic Loo a designer!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Kitchen Door

I’ve said this many times before
The power of a kitchen door
Preventing ‘chi’ from whooshing through
And spoiling everything you do
Should always be considered well
Removing it may cause you hell
We’ve seen the evidence of this
In Hair-gate, Sludge-Gate - who could miss
Poor Porter-Gate now Blog-Gate too
The energy keeps whooshing through
And causing havoc in it’s wake
I tell you - it’s a BIG mistake...
To see from front right through to back
Will cause a massive house-attack
Consider well the energy
Feng-Shui will always set you free...

I was waiting until I had optimum peace and quiet and a cup of coffee to read this masterpiece - I was aghast - poor Miss Oops - what a catastrophic mistake - Ken ... not our beloved Gary. Oh, no! Please tell me Miss Oops will get her man! I can’t cope with her heartache... 😪😪😪😪
😍😍😍

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Also.... how is it that she gets sooooooo far ahead of porter that he is barely visible? That seems strange to me. Is this normal? My doggie is always on leash due to where we live so I’m just not used to seeing people walking so so so far ahead of their dog.

View attachment 555447
I was actually going to ask this exact same thing a few doggie reels back. Do they run from him then video him catching up, do they tie him down then release him once they get far enough away. How do they make him stay put and not follow them, I dont think either of them are that fast on their feet.

Imo Lydia is so stubborn, noone can force her to do anything. I mean who the hell pushes her to dress like THAT?
I refuse to call the creator of The Jurassic Loo a designer!
I agree on her stubbornness BUT I also know she is a bit thick and has an incredible ego, so if someone told her she needed this done or she deserved it all being redone or that it would look much better and would be an easy job, she would believe them. Remember she is not the full quid.

🌳OUR BONNETS AND FROCKS GARDEN PARTY🌳

Chapter 3.

Everyone stares aghast as the distant donkey and trap is overtaken at top speed by Lady Dalrymple’s coach. Clearly it must be being drawn by racehorses judging by the speed at which it is going! The carriage screeches past the little donkey and trap on two wheels and the driver and the donkey are almost forced into a ditch as the horses tear down the drive at a breakneck gallop. The coach driver eventually brings the coach to a screeching standstill at the end of the driveway. Yes, gentle reader, the Gentleman driving the coach himself really was driving that fast!. The Gentleman reaches for his top hat and makes haste to tidy himself before handing the horses and carriage over to the waiting groom. He tries to compose himself before he enters the garden to meet all the guests who have now been gathered for a long time. Sir Stefano has arrived and he is nursing a great indisposition. Last night he was out carousing in London with The Prince Regent and Beau Brummell and he is unable to remember quite how many flagons of wine were drunk. Earlier this week he had received an personal invitation from Jane Austen to attend today which he was not sure he could reply to. However, his feelings of obligation have today outweighed his ardent need for the recovery of his liver. He was at school with Miss Austen’s brother and is well known to the family. He is to stay over night at Chawton House. Jane’s sister Cassandra has embroidered him a fine waistcoat and he is anxious to have sight of it. Presently though, he is disappointed to find himself still at the stage where he is talking out loud - to himself...

Sir Stefano - There is to be a tiny party here tonight. I hate tiny parties - they force one into constant exertion...

He looks longingly over to the lake where he notices that already some of the Gentlemen who will be Gentlemen are already fishing. He longs to join them but knows he must first pay his respects and try to engage his brain in the art of small talk. He sighs. Deeply.

Meanwhile, the eagle-eyed amongst us will notice that the little donkey and trap has almost made it to the end of the long driveway. It definitely is a poor relation if the appearance of the trap driver is anything to go by. Ah, yes it is Miss Oops who has made the three day journey from Bath with many a stop along the way to ensure the comfort of her rescue donkey Jenny. Jenny wears a jaunty old straw beach hat and a sanguine expression. Miss Oops on the other hand wear a frock covered in axle grease since the trap has offered her little in the way of good service on the journey here. She lost her bonnet somewhere along the Bath Road and her little bun looks enormously messy. Nevertheless she is a bundle of high expectation since she has heard that her one true love, Sir Gary Barlow has agreed to attend this garden party. He is a singer; a purveyor of love songs. She has loved him for many years from afar. This distance is known only to her since Sir Gary Barlow knows nothing of her existence. She cannot hope to gain anything more than the opportunity be be in his presence today. For he is the best of men. Once she has settled Jenny in the stable she notices that in the distance she can see a carriage fit for a star. Can it be..? Could it be..? Miss Oops stands clutching her reticule to her bosom beneath a beautiful Catalpa tree which casts dappled shade over her. She prays that somehow she may today look un-plain. Her heart beats. Her cheeks flush. She begins to feel overcome as the carriage draws ever nearer. She can see a finely dressed Gentleman seated on the back seat of the carriage. The Gentleman wears a silk top hat and a fine silk waistcoat and a beautifully tied lawn cotton cravat. He slowly turns his face to look straight at her and...she sees...she sees...Mr Ken Barlow! Gentle reader, allow me to repeat that - Mr Ken Barlow. Miss Oops stares straight ahead. She is catatonic. She is glued to the spot bearing a look of crestfallen disappointment. She is rescued by her two friends Miss Canthus and Mrs Milking-Bennet. Gently they guide her to the dog kennels behind the stables where they know she will hastily recover in the company of some beloved dogs.

Mrs Milking-Bennet -
Far be it for a woman of my breeding and status to complain but heads will roll for this! Mark my words - heads will roll! When I find out which imbecile in Production has made this heinous, hapless, humongous error I will show him my hinged Parisien parasol. He will not like it. Oh no - he will not. I will make it my business to make him rue his stupidity for the rest of his misbegotten life. This could kill her! Never in all of my life have I come across such a woeful Production team. Never! I will put in my formal complaint. If one does not complain how is one be pitied?

Miss Canthus - Production do not know their Eleagnus from their elbow Of that we may all be sure. Here Miss Oops - a pomander of freshly picked lavender. Breathe...breathe - let the wonderful fragrance revive you.

Miss Oops - He has not come dear ladies. He has not come. Must I forever suffer the desertion of favour from Fate?

Mrs Milking-Bennet - Come my dear - friendship is certainly the kindest balm for the pangs of disappointed love. Mr Archer Darcy - do not even think of going fishing. I will need you to wait on my every whim when we have sorted Miss Oops out with these dogs!

Mr Archer Darcy waits for Mrs Milking-Bennet to glance back at her friend before running like the wind to join the Gentlemen who have now all been very pleased to go fishing.

All the ladies who remain in the garden have naturally picked their delicate way towards the Maypole - for it is May Day. To be fond of dancing was a certain step to falling in love and yet our resourceful ladies have decided it is incumbent on them to make the best of it and take up a ribbon. Since the Gentlemen have deserted them - naturally, they decide to pay homage to the beautiful day - for in Spring all lady’s fancies turn to horticulture. They dance around the maypole as they sing;

We’re here in the country - oh isn’t it grand
Isn’t it marvellous - isn’t it bliss?

We’re each of us grateful and couldn’t want more
Than roses around every window and door
Columbine, heart’s-ease plus foxgloves and phlox
With formalised plants of ligustrum and box

Every row serried in fullest of order
With lavender edgings to perfume each border
The garden transforms to a great work of art
And June will see much of the flowering start

Isn’t it fun dears and isnt it jolly?
Creating a lime walk and maybe a folly
Arches and arbours with burgeoning blooms
Fountains cascading, parterres, water flumes

Violets and chamomile, parsley and thyme
Rosemary, honesty, sage and woodbine
Iris, forget-me-nots, dewed alchemilla
All underplanted with snowdrops and scilla

This garden is lovely - no hint of decay
What a glorious choice to be out here all day
So find us a spade and our gardening boots
The weeds will be vanquished pulled out by the roots

We’re here in the country - oh isn‘t it grand?
Isn’t it marvellous isn’t it bliss?

The maypole ribbons have intertwined right down to the bottom and the ladies all fall to he floor. The church clock strikes four and Mrs Milking-Bennet has decided it is time for the Gentlemen to return. They have neglected their duties for long enough...

Mrs Milking-Bennet -
Ladies, I beg you - follow me. We will go together and bring back the Gentlemen. It has pleased them to neglect their duties to us for too long. We are like delicate hot-house flowers and we need to be administered unto constantly and consistently. I dropped my handkerchief earlier and had to pick it up myself! I have never heard of such a thing!

The ladies look at each other and decide to follow Mrs Milking-Bennet. They come to the edge of the lake and notice all the gentlemen are in their shirtsleeves and all have removed their cravats. They appear absorbed completely in their fishing whist listening to Sir Stefano reading them a comical Poem.

Sir Stefano - Gentlemen; I would like to recite for you my poem about a dream I had about Mr Darcy. It’s called Coarse Fishing. A-hem...

Today I walked with Darcy and I read to him a sonnet
We were down besides the river which had dragonflies upon it
And there my dear friend bade me stay - to sit a while and nod
I did - and I was mesmerised as he showed me his new rod
It was sixteen feet and rising and it’s really not surprising
That my eyes were out on stalks just like a pike
When he showed me how to use it - I said ‘Sir - do not abuse it
For that’s just the size of rod I really like
He lay there in his languor tying knots onto his flies
I watched him use his sculpted hands to shade his piercing eyes
He ran his skilful fingers through his glossy strands of hair
As I stood to attention trying not to gasp for air
He slept awhile beneath my gaze upon the mossy bank
Eventually as he awoke my soaring spirits sank

I could have watched forever - drinking every detail in
I offered him some ale then drowned my spawning thoughts with gin
He spoke to me quite openly - I grimaced and tut-tutted
When he told me of his lovely wife - I like the fish was gutted
Oh Mr Darcy can’t you see? I love you yes I do
And if you’d give me half a chance I think you’d love me too
The day too soon was ended - it was all a dream - a stunt
Imagine if we could have floated downstream in a punt
Yet I keep my dream here safe within - my heart still all a quiver
When I recall my perfect dream with Darcy - by the river

When the raucous laughter of the Gentlemen dies down Sir Stefano goes again...

And now Gentlemen a Poem about Mr Wickham...

I want to dip my wick in Wickham
Oh Mister Wickham turn those burning eyes on me
I want to dip my wick - Oh Mr Wickham be a brick...
Mrs Milking Bennet - (shrieking to drown out Sir Stefano) MR ARCHER DARCY! MR ARCHER DARCY!! MR ARCHER DARCY!!!

Her beseeching and most urgent call is SO loud that ALL the Gentlemen jump out of their skins and fall into the lake in a state of surprised shock at the same time. After a matter of moments each Gentleman resurfaces from underwater. Imagine now gentle reader the sight of ALL the Mr Darcys, Mr Knightly, Colonel Brandon, Captain Wentworth et al coming up for air at the same time. Their wet, white shirts are stuck to their rippling bodies and and they are now striding purposefully towards you. Yes. You! Just imagine it...Their steadfast gaze fixed upon YOU as they draw closer and closer and closer...

I will leave you with that thought gentle reader, until our May Day Garden Party next year...
Production Team Member
OMG I am despairing, I think the heinous, hapless, humongous error is mine, I read Gary as Ken on the production sheet - invitation list. What can I do, if anything to win back any semblance of professional respect from the ladies.
PS I did wonder why the interest in Ken Barlow :cry:

Of course you would NOT order pasta bowls, even though all you eat is pasta.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Well said! It was me who said about bringing experts.
I don't like Lidl, never have, and try not to watch her. As for reading any of her poorly constructed, error strewn writing, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. I suppose I find her an interesting case study and, of course, I love the discussions here.
What constantly baffles me is how she operates. I could understand if she put a lot of effort into 'paid for' work and not so much into other areas but she doesn't put effort into anything. She is presented with content opportunities by brands and engineers opportunities herself but fails to run with them.
Examples can be seen everywhere....
GHD event at the Shard. Did we see anything of interest about London, the location, the building (apart from the view), the room, the product? No.
Puppy. Did we hear about the process of buying a pup, how to choose a breed, a breeder, what to watch out for? Did we hear how to care for them, vet check ups, food, sleeping arrangements, grooming, safety? No.
Interior decoration. Did we understand how to choose a designer, the design process, honing your own style, choosing colours for different aspects, adding texture, materials? No.
Fashion. Has she ever discussed body shapes, styles for differential shapes, fabrics, capsule wardrobes, developing your style? No.
Gardening. Do we know the basic requirements, soil type, aspect, equipment, tools, seed and plant choice? No.
Brands. Do we know how to pronounce names, brand heritage, leather types, fabrics? No.
If I felt she put in some effort and really took us with her on these ventures I would have more respect. If she worked hard and educated herself I would warm to her. I've been on this thread long enough to know that feelings have changed towards her. She's not honest, hard working or likeable. In fact she's positively unpleasant and lazy a lot of the time.
I'm not sure where she is going but something has to change and I'm not sure she is capable of making that change.

As everyone else is saying, this post is spot on.

The little actual content she has, or tiny amount of events she attends, or brand partnerships she has could be maximised and presented in a proper and knowledgable way, should she actually take the time to do that. She could actually get her 'team' to do it for her, I mean if you have employees maybe get them to do relevant research and planning for each job you do, instead of selling your gifted tat online or begging for things for your house.

Do you think Tiffany will work with her again after that awful unprofessional thing she did for them in Vlogmas? I really hope not.

I hope the freebies are drying up as well, and all she is being sent is garden seeds!!!!

Let us hope that Holland Cooper have now taken her off their freebie marketing list as she never promoted their stuff properly.
Let us hope she doesn't get anymore Bulgari bags free, same goes for Jimmy Choo - most of what they gave her ended up on Depop!
L'oreal are long gone, again let us hope that Espa, and St. Tropez will follow, and also brands like Aerin, Louboutin beauty and Dior beauty. She doe such a lazy and terrible job of showing stuff she has been sent, she never describes it, what collection it is from, launches etc or anything relevant, which is clearly the purpose of sending her the items. Lets not forget her disgusting behaviour when she was sent a gift for virtually attending the Tods fashion show, she just didn't bother, she forgot.

You are now way below the likes of Mrs Hinch, promoting Lenor, Tupperwares and of course your amazing personal collaborations with Nasty Gal and Karen Millen - two really forward thinking, sustainable, popular brands - not!

I've said this for a couple of years and now so many more people can see it, but this must be the beginning of the end for her. 2 years ago would we have seen her promoting Lenor, I don't bloody think so, she was in Paris with the likes of Tamara and Leonie and getting Dior clothes to wear, promoting Nars, going on Ski trips etc etc.

Byeeeeeee!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Dear Miss Canthus, beloved cousin,

Oh, there is much to discuss but time is not on our side - we must take immediate action regarding Miss Oops. I am so busy, between trying to matchmake my daughters, the exhausting job of keeping Mr. Archer Darcy in line, etc. however, this latest debacle is of optimum importance. We must prioritise Miss Oops.

The distress was a horror to witness I must say - but I feel we must gently sway her toward Mr. Ken. I say this because - as a professional matchmaker, I feel he would be an excellent suitor for Miss Oops. Did you see that her dress had grease upon it, her bonnet nowhere to be had and her hair a messy bun. Well, I never - my daughters are always dressed impeccably and, believe me, my nerves are frazzled trying to find even them husbands. Dare I say it, but I think the best course of action would be to get Miss Oops together for tea with Mr, Ken.

Please let me know your thought soonest. Time is of the essence.

Your devoted cousin, Mrs. E. Milking- Bennet.

Ps Mr Archer Darcy is calling me meddlesome - I sent him directly to his library so I will not happen upon him any time soon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
As everyone else is saying, this post is spot on.

The little actual content she has, or tiny amount of events she attends, or brand partnerships she has could be maximised and presented in a proper and knowledgable way, should she actually take the time to do that. She could actually get her 'team' to do it for her, I mean if you have employees maybe get them to do relevant research and planning for each job you do, instead of selling your gifted tat online or begging for things for your house.

Do you think Tiffany will work with her again after that awful unprofessional thing she did for them in Vlogmas? I really hope not.

I hope the freebies are drying up as well, and all she is being sent is garden seeds!!!!

Let us hope that Holland Cooper have now taken her off their freebie marketing list as she never promoted their stuff properly.
Let us hope she doesn't get anymore Bulgari bags free, same goes for Jimmy Choo - most of what they gave her ended up on Depop!
L'oreal are long gone, again let us hope that Espa, and St. Tropez will follow, and also brands like Aerin, Louboutin beauty and Dior beauty. She doe such a lazy and terrible job of showing stuff she has been sent, she never describes it, what collection it is from, launches etc or anything relevant, which is clearly the purpose of sending her the items. Lets not forget her disgusting behaviour when she was sent a gift for virtually attending the Tods fashion show, she just didn't bother, she forgot.

You are now way below the likes of Mrs Hinch, promoting Lenor, Tupperwares and of course your amazing personal collaborations with Nasty Gal and Karen Millen - two really forward thinking, sustainable, popular brands - not!

I've said this for a couple of years and now so many more people can see it, but this must be the beginning of the end for her. 2 years ago would we have seen her promoting Lenor, I don't bloody think so, she was in Paris with the likes of Tamara and Leonie and getting Dior clothes to wear, promoting Nars, going on Ski trips etc etc.

Byeeeeeee!
I am just hoping beyond hope that's its not just because of Covid that we are seeing her expensive brands dwindle (no OS trips). I don't know enough about the industry and don't really care enough either to be able to seriously judge or comment based on any great knowledge/facts that her popularity with brands is dwindling. I watch no other luxury vloggers so have nothing to compare her with. I would imagine she could make as much money peddling crap and cheaper products as she can peddling designer items but again I don't really know. It would be nice though to see that she is reduced to just flogging Tupperware, cleaning products etc.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Presume Lidls aim with the butchering block is something along the lines of this picture.
As others have said, the current worktop is still quite new -she replaced the existing marble with quartz when they moved in.

isn’t it just typical of miss impatient/want it NOW, that she bought one impulsively yesterday without knowing what size she needed!

can’t wait to see this fiasco which will devalue their Tom Howley kitchen!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So, here is Irene. Lidl loves to stalk Irene. Lidl loves the idea of what Irene has but definitely not prepared to put in the work. This is Irene’s ‘glasshouse’. Beautiful right? There are lots of things growing and there is tit everywhere! A proper ‘greenhouse’! No shop bought wilting plants in this one.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I was actually going to ask this exact same thing a few doggie reels back. Do they run from him then video him catching up, do they tie him down then release him once they get far enough away. How do they make him stay put and not follow them, I dont think either of them are that fast on their feet.

I agree on her stubbornness BUT I also know she is a bit thick and has an incredible ego, so if someone told her she needed this done or she deserved it all being redone or that it would look much better and would be an easy job, she would believe them. Remember she is not the full quid.

Production Team Member
OMG I am despairing, I think the heinous, hapless, humongous error is mine, I read Gary as Ken on the production sheet - invitation list. What can I do, if anything to win back any semblance of professional respect from the ladies.
PS I did wonder why the interest in Ken Barlow :cry:

Of course you would NOT order pasta bowls, even though all you eat is pasta.
Well basically they just need a stone trough

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the reports. Threats of violence are totally not acceptable, even if it is a joke it way oversteps the mark. Some comments were deleted discussing it have been taken down and the deletion message accidentally was sent before writing it - it wasn't accusing those of violence 😬

Please do report anything you have concerns with :)

Reactions: 11
Well basically they just need a stone trough
Maybe they are getting these for pasta. ;)

Aww how sweet... Lydia bought Ali his shed
View attachment 556148
This is fabulous, its multifunctional, he can pull his tools/equipment around behind him to different parts of the garden, he wont need to keep going back to the shed to collect things.
Honestly I hope noone on here has one of these BUT seriously have you ever seen anything more ridiculous. A beautiful addition if you lack space, if you buy crap like this no wonder you lack space, save your money and get a mortgage to buy a place with more space.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

The list of dogs has been updated for Downtonbury. I am no @Oops, so if I have omitted any names, please let me know and humble apologies in advance.

Sniffer Dogs

Teddy Bear
Gem
Milo
Roo
Toi
Wilbur
Barryanna

Boundary Protection Services Unit (BPSU)

Snoopy
Muffin
Merlin
Marley
Lulu
Sassy
Lady Sky
Luther

VIP Security Detail

Lana Ginpour (Co-ordinator)
Tádé
Rupert
Leo
Guinness
Casper
Egon

VIP Keynote Speakers “A day in the life ....”

Ru “Rockin’ it like Ru - My journey back to health”

Mr. Famous - Dog to Aubrey Hepburn “A day in the life... with my style icon owner”

Humphey Dogart and Lauren Bark-all “A day in the life ...in movies”

The talks will be followed by-

A Style Masterclass with Lana Ginpour - Lana will be demonstrating her impeccable styling hacks and tips. She will be assisted by her stunning models (Lady Sky, Sassy, Tádé and Muffin)

There are more surprises in store for our deserving dogs as a thank you for all of their hard work 🐶🐶❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She talked about it in summer last year, she had seen it in one of her magazines and so here we are...I don’t know if she wants to replace part of the island with it or what, but here is the picture from that vlog when she said of course “I think I need a butchers block” (why? Because it was in a magazine, that’s why. 😒).
yeah and she wants a new kitchen faucet that doesn’t work with the holes in her current (2-3 yr old) counter. So rather than just finding one that works, she has to have some excuses to ripout the counters including the island. I think we all saw this coming... especially since LC design didn’t really work that well with the existing (just like the rest of the house... new lewk doesn’t go with anything in existence)

I know some people might like built in wood cutting boards or countertops made from them. But personally I agree that a cutting board is a functional item that will need to be cleaned and will get cut into. I would rather have a board that I can leave out (that’s pretty) and replace if needed or put away when I want a cleaner look. Each to their own but I feel like this is just wasteful and just Lydia being her typical self.

If she does a giant full wood cutting board surface on that whole island the ceilings will look even lower. And the room will feel even darker and disjointed from the highceiling/bright dining area of half the kitchen. 🤓🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.