Lydia Millen #80 Begging for birthday gifts, trying to distract from her influencer rifts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Biscotti are not shop bought - they are burnt to a crisp, and great big lumps - what shop would sell those?

The gardening content is hilarious now, the only gardening done is by Ali and the gardener. We could all buy a greenhouse and then fill it with shop bought plants and seeds in pots. In the last year she has nothing to show for her new 'gardening' hobby, she's not produced anything, apart from the carrots she didn't grow anyway! I think any gardener would tell her she's not a gardener!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I still cannot get over how frequently she 'gardens' in her Prada or Hermes boots. She has multiple pairs of more sensible wellingtons and hiking boots in that sad mudroom hallway that suit muddy conditions.

Reactions: 32
Also why are 80% of her flowers inside the greenhouse bought flowers from the supermarket? Isn’t the whole point to GROW things?
Yes, but we all know she wants results NOW. instant gratification and gardening don't go together. That's why she's buying so many mature plants 🙄 she doesn't have the patience for the slow progress of seedlings. I planted my tomatoes 5 weeks ago, and they've come a long way - but are still nowhere near ready to bear fruit yet. It's taking a while, and yes I wish they'd grow faster, but at the end of the day the wait is going to make it all worth it.

That's what she needs to learn. The longer you wait for something, the more rewarding a process it can be! But all she does is chase that instant high.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
that shirt gives me a bus conductor vibe or maybe uniform of someone working in fast food place? No way my husband would be allowed out in that! That’s said he’d got very good classic taste and doesn’t play dress up! Think he gave that up when he was 8!
Lydia loves her Domino's doesn't she? Maybe that's the only thing that gets her going if you know what I mean😉?

Ali tries his best 😬.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Is she trying to convince herself or everyone else she lives in a cosy house? I have never heard someone bang on about it so much. She is struggling not to have a glass of wine as her kitchen is cosy?? Eh? Is this not an alcohol issue?
Lydia - your house looks like a photo shoot/ film set and not the least bit cosy. It’s looks cold. A quick google search will give you some ideas on a cosy kitchen.
31219BF9-E8FC-4529-9417-801F1093B663.jpeg
63C8D293-BA1D-479D-B169-17DEBAEE890D.jpeg
A3686ECD-4747-4137-B9DA-4A16C6889F13.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The Biscotti are not shop bought - they are burnt to a crisp, and great big lumps - what shop would sell those?

The gardening content is hilarious now, the only gardening done is by Ali and the gardener. We could all buy a greenhouse and then fill it with shop bought plants and seeds in pots. In the last year she has nothing to show for her new 'gardening' hobby, she's not produced anything, apart from the carrots she didn't grow anyway! I think any gardener would tell her she's not a gardener!
She probably shop bought the biscotti and wanted it to appear home-made, straight out of the oven, and burnt it in the process so that the lightly toasted finish became cremated.

The parts of interest, ie the flowers she got from Manisha which I thought were very pretty, remained unnamed so we are clueless as to what they are - because she is so busy telling us Manisha’s home is PALATIAL.

I also see the Alliums - copying from Thyme - making an appearance.

Reactions: 19
I don't quite understand LEM, for someone who has wardrobes and wardrobes full of clothes, she literally wears the same three things on repeat.
I don't think she actually likes anything she shills buys/promotes....

Reactions: 18
She probably shop bought the biscotti and wanted it to appear home-made, straight out of the oven, and burnt it in the process so that the lightly toasted finish became cremated.
They were probably baked by Carrie or Depop Dee.

Reactions: 15
Points from recent vlog
I loved that Ali didn't bother explaining to her what a V8 engine is, I have no real idea, have probably had it explained to me BUT if I had asked, being told a V8 means its noisy WOULD NOT have cut it for me ;-)
Amazing-she has actually been ordering things she NEEDS, I suppose normally she just orders crap for the sake of it ;-)
Ok so now I am struggling to watch her at Grandads house knowing full well she ripped out all the work he did, its making me teary listening to him talking to her about his beautiful garden, ungrateful witch. This lovely old man helped you and you just ripped it all out.
Lift your fecking hydrangeas off the floor then he want eat them, it's not rocket science.
She is getting overwhelmed by learning things, all I can say about this is she obviously doesn't normally learn things. Imagine going to through life not learning, you would have to be hiding under a rock surely. So the resolution to use the new diary obviously didnt last long, its only April and already she had stopped using it.
She is overwhelmed by all these beds and the amount of things she can plant. What on earth is she going to do with all this veg, I wonder if anyone has told her to stagger any of the lettuce planting so she has lettuces ready at staggered times, maybe that isn't something you can do in UK.
Onto the Intimissimi stuff - wouldn't you do a whole vlog about that? She has some gorgeous looking things been sent to her, why not make the whole vlog about it, she is lazy.
OMG Porter is down in the greed house and she is way up in the house, don't know where Ali is BUT if she doesnt lose that dog she is going to be very very lucky.
AND we all drive fecking range rovers, get over yourself, pretentious twit.
When she says she doesnt want to leave the greed house and go back to work tomorrow, what on earth does she mean? She doesnt go anywhere. I imagine the Intimissimi haul was work and she barely did anything and threw it in the middle of a weekend vlog.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Once again, I think her vlog (in fact, all her vlogs) address Tattle Life. Hear me out.
In the last week or so, we've been talking about :
- her ripping out what Ali's grandpa planted - hey presto, here's Ali's grandpa making an appearance in HER vlog and not his grandson's vlog ;
- not seeing or mentioning her mum during lockdown - oh suddenly they are now in her mum's bubble (together with Cawwee, the plumber, electrician, Alitex guys, the floor guys, the painters, Lauren Costly and her team, DePop Dee) ;
- how she seems ashamed of her mum's family - suddenly nonna and practically all of her mum's family arrived for a visit and wow, we get to hear an offensive stereotype anecdote from her cousin ;
- how obsessive she gets with anything she wants - her version is she is excited to learn and take in information :rolleyes: ;
- the eating at the island and not the dream table ;
- how cold and depressing the house looks - now it is a "home" and it just feels right blah blah blah - yeah, it matches your miserable attitude.

I could go on and on but all I will say is the "gardening" is getting so boring - all she does is buy seeds, bulbs and fully grown plants & flowers - there is no actual "gardening" being done. Good lawd. How many seeds do you need ? For vegetables you don't intend on eating.

Idiot.
"Offensive Stereotype" ... you took the words out of my Italian mouth ..... She has absolutely nothing Italian about her .. their family are far from what I would call Italian .. you are right .. Italians are ALL about family time.. making a huuuge fuss over enough good cooked food and wine .. talking .. sharing ... etc

She is what we call "tutto farsi vedere" or "bella figura" as my Nonno would say...means all show and no substance. In italy they would actually laugh at this pretentious fakeness she radiates. Genuine Italians like genuine people and can smell bullshit a mile off.

The Mafia thing is actually what all Italians hate being compared to .. it is really offensive .. but she sees it as something funny and rich and powerful ... they are nothing but criminals Lydia lovely ... so if you fancy calling your family criminals .. go ahead ... actually quite fitting I reckon!

Rant over xx

• Heart
Reactions: 81
"Offensive Stereotype" ... you took the words out of my Italian mouth ..... She has absolutely nothing Italian about her .. their family are far from what I would call Italian .. you are right .. Italians are ALL about family time.. making a huuuge fuss over enough good cooked food and wine .. talking .. sharing ... etc

She is what we call "tutto farsi vedere" or "bella figura" as my Nonno would say...means all show and no substance. In italy they would actually laugh at this pretentious fakeness she radiates. Genuine Italians like genuine people and can smell bullshit a mile off.

The Mafia thing is actually what all Italians hate being compared to .. it is really offensive .. but she sees it as something funny and rich and powerful ... they are nothing but criminals Lydia lovely ... so if you fancy calling your family criminals .. go ahead ... actually quite fitting I reckon!

Rant over xx
Well said, @Stefano ❤❤👏🏻👏🏻👏

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.